collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Monty
[Today at 03:26:37 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 03:26:29 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by andyh
[Today at 03:26:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 03:26:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 03:25:43 PM]

Re: GUESS THE CROWD R24;Europa Conf🏆 QF ASTON VILLA v Lille OSC! 🥧 by Axl Rose
[Today at 03:25:37 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by andyh
[Today at 03:25:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dr Butler
[Today at 03:24:25 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wolves v Pups Post-Match Thread  (Read 31087 times)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Wolves v Pups Post-Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2017, 07:47:34 PM »
It's the lack of reaction that worries me. Anyone who watched the first half could see where that game was going and did Bruce do anything to change the game? No nothing.

Good solid performance at half time according to a few on here though.

Most of us could see how this one would pan out given the complete lack of ambition in the first half.
I was finding some of the first half comments bafffeling, it just looked like we were constantly on the back foot, the first goal was just inevitable.
As usual there was no reaction from Bruce until it was too late.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2017, 07:48:17 PM »
Fuck off just fuck off.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2017, 07:48:48 PM »
I viewed today as something of a test as to whether we're flat track bullies or genuine contenders.  Whilst we can't judge on one game, what had gone before had left me massively unconvinced as to our credentials and our ability to actually play football.  Today did nothing to change my opinion that our recent good run was despite Bruce and his tactics, not because of him.   He might yet still grind his way into a promotion or play off place but it wont be anything approaching enjoyable to watch.  Dreadful manager. Wolves seem to be going about things a little more progressively.     

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2017, 07:49:29 PM »
Not to make excuses but how many of their team were on international duty the last fortnight not many so they had two full weeks of training to get ready for one match

Load of shit mate sorry.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2017, 07:50:10 PM »
Got to say I think Calderwood is having too big an influence on our style of play.
Style of play? What's that?

Offline villalion

« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2017, 07:50:32 PM »
Hutton.. man of the match?

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2017, 07:51:58 PM »
The midfield was absolutely hopeless and Whelan put in the worst central midfield performance I've ever seen.

I'm getting tired of saying it but why the hell is Whelan playing as a bloody box to box midfielder? Put him in as a defensive midfielder and he's fine. Today, yet again, he players in front of Hourihane. And as night follows day, Whelan is completely knackered after 45 minutes.

I can't even get angry anymore, today was so bloody predictable. The only thing that keeps me going is Tactics Dim will be gone by the end of the month.

I didn't think that Whelan was played as a box to box midfielder at all today. Did he get into the box?

He's not allowed in there. He has to stop on the edge of the box. He even charged all the way up in the dying minutes on a very rare Villa attack.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2017, 07:53:17 PM »
I viewed today as something of a test as to whether we're flat track bullies or genuine contenders.  Whilst we can't judge on one game, what had gone before had left me massively unconvinced as to our credentials and our ability to actually play football.  Today did nothing to change my opinion that our recent good run was despite Bruce and his tactics, not because of him.   He might yet still grind his way into a promotion or play off place but it wont be anything approaching enjoyable to watch.  Dreadful manager. Wolves seem to be going about things a little more progressively.   

4 out of 5 wins against bottom table teams, we have failed to beat CardifF Bristol City and now Wolves.

It is obvious what our level is,the league table is a pretty good indicator.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2017, 07:54:57 PM »
The midfield was absolutely hopeless and Whelan put in the worst central midfield performance I've ever seen.

I'm getting tired of saying it but why the hell is Whelan playing as a bloody box to box midfielder? Put him in as a defensive midfielder and he's fine. Today, yet again, he players in front of Hourihane. And as night follows day, Whelan is completely knackered after 45 minutes.

I can't even get angry anymore, today was so bloody predictable. The only thing that keeps me going is Tactics Dim will be gone by the end of the month.

I didn't think that Whelan was played as a box to box midfielder at all today. Did he get into the box?

He's not allowed in there. He has to stop on the edge of the box. He even charged all the way up in the dying minutes on a very rare Villa attack.

Surely Whelan is more D to edge of centre circle than box to box.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2017, 07:55:05 PM »
If a manager can't get the players up for these sort of games then you've got no chance of going up.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2017, 07:56:02 PM »

4 out of 5 wins against bottom table teams, we have failed to beat CardifF Bristol City and now Wolves.

It is obvious what our level is,the league table is a pretty good indicator.

Unfortunately, I think that is the case.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2017, 07:56:34 PM »
Second best to everything tonight. Got what we deserved

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2017, 08:01:13 PM »
Having watched every home game this season, who seriously expected us to win this?

Online Villafirst

« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2017, 08:02:10 PM »
We've spent far more than Wolves over 2 seasons, but you'd never know it. The money wasted on McCormack and Hogan is a joke. Dare I say it, someone like Vassell of Blues would be far more effective. Need Jedinak, Green and Grealish back fast. Drop Whelan - far too slow.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2017, 08:03:34 PM »
Having watched every home game this season, who seriously expected us to win this?

I think it's more the zero idea, wrong selection, and inability to have an impact to change the game.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal