collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by ROBBO
[Today at 11:33:27 PM]

Diego Carlos by KevinGage
[Today at 11:32:37 PM]

Robin Olsen by Risso
[Today at 11:29:40 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:28:58 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Clampy
[Today at 11:28:31 PM]

Champions League Contention by Smirker
[Today at 11:23:44 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Risso
[Today at 11:19:38 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Demitri_C
[Today at 11:15:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Bolton Wanderers Post-Match Thread  (Read 39033 times)

Online VillaBoy_23

Re: Aston Villa v Bolton Wanderers Post-Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2017, 06:37:53 PM »
I thought we played ok today and any criticism is extremely harsh when you have to put up with a refereeing team as inept as the one we endured today

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2017, 06:40:27 PM »
Well done Villa on getting the result and another 3 points today! Onwards and upwards hopefully!
Did I hear right, that scum conceded 6 today? Haha

They won injury time 1-0.....

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2017, 06:43:34 PM »
Three wins out of three since I left the country. I'm back for the Wolves game, sorry.

Is there an option to pay to keep you away?

I have set up a gofundcdbullyweefan keep out of the country website. Please donate.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2017, 06:44:14 PM »
Who is going to play left back for the next 3 games??

Offline Villa75

« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2017, 06:45:39 PM »
4/5 points max coming in October, in my opinion.

Why be so gloomy after 14 points from 18 and 4 wins on the bounce, SilhillVilla Villa75?

Fuck me. I must be 'The man of a thousand faces'!

Who was it you guys reckoned I was last week?

More to the point. How many points do you think we will get from the next three games?

I thought 5 was quite optimistic, considering we're only playing one shite team in the next three.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2017, 06:46:12 PM »
The ref was a clown and managed to hack off both teams which is quite a feat.  Their  two CBs were were fouling Davis in particular non-stop.   But it was the ref overruling the lino's offside flag that  led to us winning the corner that eventually led to the penalty. And it wasn't the ref who made us play backwards and sideways most of the time and at a painfully slow tempo yet again.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2017, 06:47:07 PM »
That performance will have the top 6 shitting themselves.
There is no such thing a top six team at the moment and current lot in there at the moment will soon be f**ked off.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2017, 06:47:42 PM »
Didnt see it, but it sounds ugly. I will take the points but as others have said it doesnt bode well against better opposition.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2017, 06:48:18 PM »
I thought we played ok today and any criticism is extremely harsh when you have to put up with a refereeing team as inept as the one we endured today

At last. My question from earlier gets its reply. 😜

Online Skerra

« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2017, 06:56:29 PM »
KT, I share your views by and large on both of your posts. I was away for the Norwich match and, to date, I have yet to witness Villa playing with any urgency at home. Terry, for me, is making the wrong choice as wants to kick towards Holte End in the first half, which really pisses me off. However, today, we had Bolton wasting as much time as possible from the word go and, the referee certainly didn't help our cause. Having said that, why go so defensive with the subs with 20 minutes still to go.
Overall, I'm very happy with another 3 points but, really need to up our game and tempo for the matches in October.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2017, 06:58:06 PM »
That performance will have the top 6 shitting themselves.
There is no such thing a top six team at the moment and current lot in there at the moment will soon be f**ked off.

Surely there is though? I would suggest, if you look at the table, it would be the actual top 6.

What's confusing you here?

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2017, 06:59:04 PM »
KT, I share your views by and large on both of your posts. I was away for the Norwich match and, to date, I have yet to witness Villa playing with any urgency at home. Terry, for me, is making the wrong choice as wants to kick towards Holte End in the first half, which really pisses me off. However, today, we had Bolton wasting as much time as possible from the word go and, the referee certainly didn't help our cause. Having said that, why go so defensive with the subs with 20 minutes still to go.
Overall, I'm very happy with another 3 points but, really need to up our game and tempo for the matches in October.
I agree, and if Bruce is a "proper" manager he must realise this. Lets enjoy the winning run and wait and see.

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2017, 07:03:58 PM »
There was only ever going to be one team trying to win today and another who played with all gamesmanship traditions installed by Alladyce in their golden period. The way they fouled endlessly just before the contact completely fooled the referee and fair play to our players for not rising to it and keeping their cool.

An easy win against anti football I thought only made nervous at the end because of the score.

Offline Boz

« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2017, 07:08:20 PM »
Massive 3 points, but a poor performance.

It's been a great run, but the level of performance will need to be substantially better against Wolves.

This

Offline Villa75

« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2017, 07:11:17 PM »
The ref was a clown and managed to hack off both teams which is quite a feat.  Their  two CBs were were fouling Davis in particular non-stop.   But it was the ref overruling the lino's offside flag that  led to us winning the corner that eventually led to the penalty. And it wasn't the ref who made us play backwards and sideways most of the time and at a painfully slow tempo yet again.

And a voice of reason raises itself above the cacophony.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal