collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fans Consultation Group meeting - minutes added  (Read 11148 times)

Offline Simon Page

Re: Fans Consultation Group meeting
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2017, 11:42:19 AM »
The Upper Trinity idea doesn't have to be kids. What about a local businesses, colleges, unis, council workers, churches, mosques, minimum wagers, women's groups, frazzled parents, etc. Mix and match, not every game, not even the whole of the section.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2017, 12:31:49 PM »
Access to the holte pub. Last season season ticket holders had access to the pub  this season restricted to the holte suite.  The pub has a better atmosphere but is now only for the enjoyment of lions club members. Why has the club changed the criteria

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2017, 12:41:52 PM »
The online shop on the website - It's terrible. Not all Villa fans live close enough to the Villa Village to be able to go in and buy their Villa tat. Using the online shop is a depressing experience   

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2017, 12:49:02 PM »
The PA system - others have said it's appalling but in the Holte it's the opposite. Ear splitting decibels of noise particularly at half time has me running to the bogs double quick. I'm seriously thinking of investing in ear plugs to block it out it's that loud.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2017, 12:53:40 PM »
Access to the holte pub. Last season season ticket holders had access to the pub  this season restricted to the holte suite.  The pub has a better atmosphere but is now only for the enjoyment of lions club members. Why has the club changed the criteria

The club closed the original Lions Club in the Doug Ellis Stand so they've been trying to find them a new home. It's not really fair on those like you who enjoy the Holte Pub though. Putting them upstairs in the Holte Suite would be a better idea I think.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2017, 01:13:01 PM »
Another vote to raise the issue of the change to the colours - someone please ask them to look at the recent Nike kits and most of the retro kits in the store and go back to those shades.  The current and Macron ones are really fecking orrible and not Villa.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2017, 01:39:31 PM »
The PA system - others have said it's appalling but in the Holte it's the opposite. Ear splitting decibels of noise particularly at half time has me running to the bogs double quick. I'm seriously thinking of investing in ear plugs to block it out it's that loud.

This all over. As soon as the half time whistle blows they blast out ear drum bursting music at ridiculously high volumes.

Offline Dominic22

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2017, 03:45:12 PM »
Little thing I know. Can you ask if they can keep the lid on a plastic bottle of pop or water rather than them taking it off and throwing it away before you get the drink, I understand once someone threw a cap at redknapp but that was a while ago and it's a royal pain as it gets knocked over all the time.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2017, 05:08:03 PM »
Little thing I know. Can you ask if they can keep the lid on a plastic bottle of pop or water rather than them taking it off and throwing it away before you get the drink, I understand once someone threw a cap at redknapp but that was a while ago and it's a royal pain as it gets knocked over all the time.

I can answer this one straight away. It's a safety issue because a full bottle thrown can cause injury more easily than one with the top off.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2017, 05:14:43 PM »
A safety issue that no other club cares about, even when Villa are doing the stewarding for them.

It's a stupid rule, we should ignore it like everybody else does.

Stop treating fans like children.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2017, 05:31:40 PM »

I can answer this one straight away. It's a safety issue because a full bottle thrown can cause injury more easily than one with the top off.

I've been lead to believe that it is a safety issue, but for the reason that in the event of an evacuation, a capped bottle on the floor represents a rolling hazard which a capless crushable one does not.

But why that's seemingly more important than being able to get out of the Upper North in under an hour, who knows?

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2017, 06:07:25 PM »
How about tickets to lapsed fans.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2017, 06:18:22 PM »
How about tickets to lapsed fans.

They did that under Lerner and it made little difference with encouraging them to buy them from there on out.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2017, 06:20:04 PM »
I wonder how many they gave away?

Offline claret+blue ed

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2017, 07:12:13 AM »
Is there going to be a loyalty scheme for non season ticket holders, like we had with villa cash last year. For some of us it isn't viable to have a season ticket, but still go to enough games to warrant being able to have chance to get tickets before it goes to general sale

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal