collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Robert Snodgrass - loaned for 17-18 season  (Read 133244 times)

Offline tomd2103

Re: Robert Snodgrass - Signed (on loan)
« Reply #750 on: July 31, 2018, 12:29:48 AM »
Used correctly and sparingly I cannot see a single downside to Robert Snodgrass being an Aston Villa player this season.

I'm not sure him being on the right with every goal kick hit vaguely in his direction all season long is something I want to see.  He was mostly good for us last season, but I want to see some genuine pace out wide this season.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #751 on: July 31, 2018, 12:50:56 AM »
Used correctly and sparingly I cannot see a single downside to Robert Snodgrass being an Aston Villa player this season.

I'm not sure him being on the right with every goal kick hit vaguely in his direction all season long is something I want to see.  He was mostly good for us last season, but I want to see some genuine pace out wide this season.

Watch out for Steve Bruce when the final whistle blows. My guess is you won't find much faster.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #752 on: July 31, 2018, 04:03:26 AM »
Green on the left gives peace. Snoddy gives guile and know how and set plays on the right. He would be great to have back.

Offline Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #753 on: July 31, 2018, 08:44:44 AM »

This. I could never understand why every kick from Johnstone was directed to Snodgrass. Perhaps one in ten he 'won' a freekick for feigning a foul. Was it Johnstone and some bizarre OCD thing or an instruction from Bruce?

I love the attitude Snodgrass brings and his guile, but I do wonder whether he is what we need (given his wages).

Though I suppose if we had a discernible pattern of play it might be easier to work out what type of players we need and how they might fit/work together. Too much to ask for from Bruce, sadly. UTV.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #754 on: July 31, 2018, 09:19:03 AM »
Probably because Bruce used the 'tactic' with Elmo in a previous life.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #755 on: July 31, 2018, 01:17:44 PM »
I loved Snoddy at the Villa, but his time with us has gone.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #756 on: July 31, 2018, 01:20:59 PM »
I loved Snoddy at the Villa, but his time with us has gone.

Why has it?

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #757 on: July 31, 2018, 01:54:36 PM »
because we can't afford him and he doesn't offer enough pace. The answer would be to rotate him but Bruce doesn't so that and on the salary he would want, it becomes even more ruinous. We can't repeat the cycle of paying PL wages in the championship, surely?

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #758 on: July 31, 2018, 02:19:25 PM »
because we can't afford him and he doesn't offer enough pace. The answer would be to rotate him but Bruce doesn't so that and on the salary he would want, it becomes even more ruinous. We can't repeat the cycle of paying PL wages in the championship, surely?
I agree really.  I love Snoddy, my favourite player last season, but unless we have found a way round FFP (and I don't see how we can) I would think he is too expensive for us with funds needed elsewhere.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #759 on: July 31, 2018, 02:27:07 PM »
I can see Snoddy staying at West Ham, at least until January.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #760 on: July 31, 2018, 06:36:36 PM »
I’m working in Cape Verde and I’m watching him play for West Ham against FSV Mainz on tele at the moment

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #761 on: July 31, 2018, 06:43:14 PM »
I really like Snodgrass and if our finances were in better shape would take him like a shot. Particularly if it was a loan. He would "Only" chew up the wage of a Gabby or Terry who have departed. As we all know though, we are still buggered on FFP so I can't see how we can afford it.

Online supertom

« Reply #762 on: July 31, 2018, 06:47:04 PM »
I'd love to see him back. His end product at this level is quality. If we lose Grealish, we'll be desperate for some quality. Snodgrass will provide goals and assists. He'd be a key player again I think. The most likely replacement for an outgoing Grealish will be a young loan signing from somewhere, so getting in someone tried and test like Snoddy would be a good idea.

Offline eric woolban woolban

« Reply #763 on: July 31, 2018, 09:27:24 PM »
I can't see many current players of ours scoring a goal like the one he got against Sheff Utd.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #764 on: July 31, 2018, 09:35:58 PM »
Probably because Bruce used the 'tactic' with Elmo in a previous life.

I remember being driven to distraction by that very tactic (Johnston to Elmo) in our opener v Hull at Villa Park last season. I hate it when our keeper is our playmaker.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal