collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Robert Snodgrass - loaned for 17-18 season  (Read 133264 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Robert Snodgrass - Signed (on loan)
« Reply #495 on: January 25, 2018, 12:12:43 PM »
He started well, had a harder time of it in December and has been superb since Brentford, since he had Grealish inside him.

I'm pleased to say I thought the same thing but didn't pull that face.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #496 on: January 25, 2018, 01:27:36 PM »
Except for the last few weeks he has been underwhelming..
The criticism until then was completely justified.

His stats are pretty good in his time here.

Who Scored stats

Tournament   Apps    Mins      Goals    Assists   Yel   Red   SpG   PS%    Aerials Won   MotM    Rating
Championship   22(1)1838         5           8       5           1.9   70.7            1.4               5     7.38

SpG - shots per game
PS% - pass success percentage

5 MOTM performances given out of 22 games
What did they look like before the Bristol City game?

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #497 on: January 25, 2018, 01:37:35 PM »
Maybe it is linked to the fact that he missed pre season and only now getting sharp

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #498 on: January 25, 2018, 01:43:16 PM »
No player is gonna play well in every single game. Snodgrass has had ups and downs at Villa, but mainly ups.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #499 on: January 25, 2018, 01:45:44 PM »
He's been excellent recently. His crosses are arguably the most deadly since Stan was at the club. And the relationship he's built with Hogan is very encouraging.

The one thing that has fucked me off about Villa sides in the recent past is that we just don't work hard enough. If there's one thing we've seen lately is that we work very hard and Snodgrass runs all day for the cause.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #500 on: January 25, 2018, 01:46:34 PM »
He didn't always over impress me in the first part of the season but one thing he's given us is balance. I like his attitude as well. A decent signing by Bruce I'd say.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #501 on: January 25, 2018, 07:48:33 PM »
I could place this question on several threads, but here goes: what credit should go to Agnew for the apparent attitude, fitness and gamestyle shifts that we’ve seen recently?

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #502 on: January 26, 2018, 06:57:35 AM »
He’s definitely improved of late

But the criticism of Snodgrass is another reason  to be thankful that fans don’t pick the team

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #503 on: January 26, 2018, 09:15:00 AM »
I could place this question on several threads, but here goes: what credit should go to Agnew for the apparent attitude, fitness and gamestyle shifts that we’ve seen recently?
We are set up differently in attack, we are pushin Grealish and Hourihane further up the pitch with and without the ball.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #504 on: January 26, 2018, 09:26:00 AM »
He's been excellent recently. His crosses are arguably the most deadly since Stan was at the club. And the relationship he's built with Hogan is very encouraging.

The one thing that has fucked me off about Villa sides in the recent past is that we just don't work hard enough. If there's one thing we've seen lately is that we work very hard and Snodgrass runs all day for the cause.
I agree.  He lacked sharpness at the start of the season, but even then he seemed to me to be working hard.

I really like him and have always been convinced he would be a key player for us this season.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #505 on: January 26, 2018, 09:37:38 AM »

I agree.  He lacked sharpness at the start of the season, but even then he seemed to me to be working hard.

I really like him and have always been convinced he would be a key player for us this season.

Its no coincidence that fans of every club hes been at absolutely love him. The RS that came here was not match fit, lacking sharpness and looked like his confidence was shot. Thankfully Bruce knows better than our FIFA fans and kept faith with this guy because he is the real deal - Quality, a real football brain, hard working and a good engine. He is bringing the best out of those around him as well - hourihane, grealish, hutton, bjarnesson are all linking well with him. Not ashamed to say i couldnt see what the fuss was about when he first played but he really is a fantastic bit of business by our management

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #506 on: January 26, 2018, 03:48:51 PM »

Its no coincidence that fans of every club hes been at absolutely love him. The RS that came here was not match fit, lacking sharpness and looked like his confidence was shot. Thankfully Bruce knows better than our FIFA fans and kept faith with this guy because he is the real deal - Quality, a real football brain, hard working and a good engine. He is bringing the best out of those around him as well - hourihane, grealish, hutton, bjarnesson are all linking well with him. Not ashamed to say i couldnt see what the fuss was about when he first played but he really is a fantastic bit of business by our management

More than a hint of hypocrisy there.

Early doors he was dreadful.  The Robert Snodgrass we saw against Forest at home was one of the most unfit professional footballers I've ever seen.  He literally couldn't run after about 60 minutes.  So I don't think it's fair to slag the fans off for pointing that out.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #507 on: January 26, 2018, 03:56:29 PM »
Early doors he was dreadful.  The Robert Snodgrass we saw against Forest at home was one of the most unfit professional footballers I've ever seen.  He literally couldn't run after about 60 minutes.  So I don't think it's fair to slag the fans off for pointing that out.

Absolutely. He was bloody awful for a while, and got called out for it. Perfectly acceptable.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #508 on: January 26, 2018, 08:30:34 PM »

Absolutely. He was bloody awful for a while, and got called out for it. Perfectly acceptable.
Completely agree.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #509 on: January 30, 2018, 09:48:05 PM »
Wonderful goal today.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal