collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Topics

Photo ID now required to purchase tickets by N'ZMAV
[Today at 07:46:56 PM]

Other Games - 2020/21 by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 07:42:14 PM]

Final League Position by Exeter 77
[Today at 07:30:06 PM]

Aston Villa vs Leeds United Pre match thread - Oct 23rd - 8pm by Steve kirk
[Today at 07:28:51 PM]

Jack Grealish - for life? by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 07:28:23 PM]

Keith Wyness by ez
[Today at 07:20:23 PM]

Villa Podcasts by N'ZMAV
[Today at 07:11:10 PM]

Guess The Goal R8: Villa v Leeds Friday 23rd October by simboy
[Today at 06:43:13 PM]

October 20, 2020, 12:29:57 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 829 | Comments: 14

[url=https://ibb.co/Wxcn...
October 14, 2020, 03:30:23 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 523 | Comments: 3

In December 1950 the directors...
October 05, 2020, 12:24:02 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1362 | Comments: 7

[url=https://ibb.c...
October 04, 2020, 12:05:19 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 552 | Comments: 4

All the machinations at the fo...
October 02, 2020, 04:50:53 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 536 | Comments: 0

There’s an old saying, O...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Keinan Davis  (Read 122136 times)

Online GordonCowansisthegreatest

Re: Keinan Davis
« Reply #1635 on: September 25, 2020, 12:59:27 PM »
Davis is good, and has his uses - as he shows last night, but would he have been in a position to tap in like Watkins did? I doubt it.

Good footballer and is an important squad player - but we want to finish higher than 17th now, so a squad player is all he should be for now.
If Davis hadn't done all the hard work and laid it on a plate for Watkins! He can't be in two places at once.

That was for AEG.
Where the f@ck was Ollie then ;)

Offline Smithy

• GM : 11.07.2015
« Reply #1636 on: September 25, 2020, 01:07:53 PM »
With Samatta gone, I would imagine we'd have to be in the market for another forward (unless Traore can be played through the middle?), unless Smith is happy to see Keinan play a reasonably big part this season.  At the minute, he's probably our second choice for centre-forward until Xmas, and much as I like him, I'd prefer to see a more recognised striker in that position, and him 3rd choice, or better still, see him loaned out to get some goals and confidence in the Championship.

He played well last night, I can't imagine we'd have any difficulty finding championship suitors off the back of that performance, particularly seeing his assist for AEG.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 12.10.2021
« Reply #1637 on: September 25, 2020, 01:51:11 PM »
Or keep him so that he can push the other players, integrate into the squad and style of play and prove to be a big success...

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1638 on: September 25, 2020, 05:53:08 PM »
That was the best he's played for us. Looked really good. Fair play to him. I've never been convinced, but he looked the part.

Well done, Keinan!

I did wonder if the new contract gave him a huge boost of confidence and finally allowed him to start believing he belongs with this team and club. I'm sure it hasn't been easy being a big powerful centre forward and not scoring goals. As you said,
Well done, Keinan!

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #1639 on: September 25, 2020, 05:54:01 PM »
Davis is good, and has his uses - as he shows last night, but would he have been in a position to tap in like Watkins did? I doubt it.

Good footballer and is an important squad player - but we want to finish higher than 17th now, so a squad player is all he should be for now.
If Davis hadn't done all the hard work and laid it on a plate for Watkins! He can't be in two places at once.
Impressive if Davis had done that from the bench :D

Offline exigo

« Reply #1640 on: September 25, 2020, 06:27:39 PM »
Got the sense that Smith had told all the players to push forward when in possession of the ball. Even Taylor passed forwards time and time again. But Davis seemed so much better rolling his marker and bombing on, rather than holding it up and trying to play it back.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1641 on: September 25, 2020, 06:56:18 PM »
I think the whole squad is feeling more confident and there must be a positive feeling around the club.

Not only has Davis reason to feel more confident from the new contract but he's also seen off a rival for his position (Samatta).

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1642 on: September 25, 2020, 06:58:30 PM »
Got the sense that Smith had told all the players to push forward when in possession of the ball. Even Taylor passed forwards time and time again. But Davis seemed so much better rolling his marker and bombing on, rather than holding it up and trying to play it back.

I think a big part of it is the gap between the striker and the midfield. For a lot of last season the job of the striker was to hold on to the ball until players got around him and none of them enjoyed it. If we can keep players near to him Davis will be much more effective because the best part of his game is bringing other people in to the play.

Offline supertom

« Reply #1643 on: September 25, 2020, 08:43:33 PM »
We obviously want more goals from Davis but in theory his forte will be in making it easier for Watkins and the midfielders to score. Davis does a lot of good work. I thought he had a positive impact against Sheff Utd. He'll play an important part this season. Whether we'll dip into the market for another forward with Samatta gone, I don't know. I suspect Deano will hold out for Wesley's return and pray to the footballing McGrath's that we don't get an injury. Traore can play through the middle if needs be. If we do any more business in attacking areas it'll probably be another wide man.

One big thing for Davis is fitness. If he can stay fit and avoid injuries, it'll help no end, because he's now at the time where he needs consistent minutes and has to step it up a level. This season will tell us if he can do that. I think he will.

Offline Bad English

• Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 10.01.2021
« Reply #1644 on: September 26, 2020, 09:06:42 AM »
I'm about five pages too late but let it be known that for nigh on twenty-five years I have been teaching French children that 'mom' is the correct spelling in Brummie English. I make them write it in their books too.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Our FB Page
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #1645 on: September 26, 2020, 09:14:10 AM »
A hundred times, I hope.

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #1646 on: September 26, 2020, 09:35:41 AM »
I'm about five pages too late but let it be known that for nigh on twenty-five years I have been teaching French children that 'mom' is the correct spelling in Brummie English. I make them write it in their books too.

Bloody solid to get a card in a card shop that says MOm - they all say Mum.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #1647 on: September 26, 2020, 10:32:44 AM »

When all this blew up, I googled the term and apparently Mom became popular in America because non-english speaking immigrants had a problem pronouncing words with U in them. My theory is the dialect of yamyam causes similar problems...

*runs off*

Online The Edge

• GM : 02.08.2021
« Reply #1648 on: September 26, 2020, 10:43:51 AM »
Good stuff. Kudos to you. Your mom will be proud.

Offline geolex

« Reply #1649 on: September 26, 2020, 02:05:42 PM »

When all this blew up, I googled the term and apparently Mom became popular in America because non-english speaking immigrants had a problem pronouncing words with U in them. My theory is the dialect of yamyam causes similar problems...

yam yams have no problem pronouncing words with U in them

*runs off*

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal