collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Topics

October 20, 2020, 12:29:57 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 909 | Comments: 14

[url=https://ibb.co/Wxcn...
October 14, 2020, 03:30:23 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 538 | Comments: 3

In December 1950 the directors...
October 05, 2020, 12:24:02 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1382 | Comments: 7

[url=https://ibb.c...
October 04, 2020, 12:05:19 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 567 | Comments: 4

All the machinations at the fo...
October 02, 2020, 04:50:53 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 544 | Comments: 0

Thereís an old saying, O...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Keinan Davis  (Read 122268 times)

Offline sickbeggar

Re: Keinan Davis
« Reply #1620 on: September 25, 2020, 09:20:14 AM »
Didn't Dr Carl Chinn produce a wonderful piece on why it's 'mom's in these parts after some prick tried to have a go at Jess Phillips for using it quite recently?

Jess Phillips is a good case in point. What's going on with her accent? I've never heard anyone speak like her who claims to be from Birmingham and that's after 50 years living here.  It's like what a Londoner thinks we speak like
Good England.

I thought she was from Cov !

Heheh. I think she'd be quite pleased with that. Her accent is literally all over the place.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #1621 on: September 25, 2020, 09:52:17 AM »
The thing about him scoring goals is, itís not that itís not obviously a valid criticism, but he hardly had much opportunity in the last two and a half years to prove it wrong.

Predominantly coming on as a substitute makes it much more difficult to score. Just looking at last season the most subbed on attacking players where Origi, Kean and Neto and their combined record is sixty four substitute appearances with zero goals. Mason Greenwood was there goals in nineteen sub appearances. And thatís playing with them all playing in teams that were significantly better than us last season.

We've just spent £20m on a goal scorer though, and £20m on a winger, so who are you going to drop out of Grealish, Traore or Watkins to accommodate Davis?  This is why he needs to go out on loan, even just for half a season, to see how he does getting regular starts for a decent team.

Wasnít advocating starting him. Watkins is clearly a better player than him. He is a useful squad player for me. I was just providing some additional context with regards to his finishing ability and 2 goals in 58 appearances stat that people, not completely invalidly, that gets bought up a lot.

A loan could arguably be better for his development, in terms of giving him more playing time, but hopefully from that point of view heíll still be involved enough with us as itís obviously not going to happen now having sold Samatta.

Offline Mellin

« Reply #1622 on: September 25, 2020, 10:05:54 AM »
The thing about him scoring goals is, itís not that itís not obviously a valid criticism, but he hardly had much opportunity in the last two and a half years to prove it wrong.

Predominantly coming on as a substitute makes it much more difficult to score. Just looking at last season the most subbed on attacking players where Origi, Kean and Neto and their combined record is sixty four substitute appearances with zero goals. Mason Greenwood was there goals in nineteen sub appearances. And thatís playing with them all playing in teams that were significantly better than us last season.

We've just spent £20m on a goal scorer though, and £20m on a winger, so who are you going to drop out of Grealish, Traore or Watkins to accommodate Davis?  This is why he needs to go out on loan, even just for half a season, to see how he does getting regular starts for a decent team.
I don't see it like that. Grealish won't play centre forward, and it looks like Traore might be played on the right of the three, which leaves Watkins in the centre. With the fixture congestion, there's comfortably space for 1 or 2 players to be getting 5-10 starts each up to January, plus in Davies' case i think most on here agree that he's handy as a sub when we're defending a lead. He'll get a decent number of matches here until Wes comes back from injury.

I'd say he's also handy as a sub in games where we're not ahead and struggling to get up the pitch. Definitely worth keeping on the books imo. Wouldn't be loaning him out and he'll get more than enough game time.

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #1623 on: September 25, 2020, 10:19:52 AM »
Davis is good, and has his uses - as he shows last night, but would he have been in a position to tap in like Watkins did? I doubt it.

Good footballer and is an important squad player - but we want to finish higher than 17th now, so a squad player is all he should be for now.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #1624 on: September 25, 2020, 10:47:03 AM »
I've always liked Davis for what he can offer but he does need to add goals to his other attributes to be a viable option.  That said I agree he's never really had a good run of starts to settle in and establish a rapport and make a mark.  I also thin he's a bit lacking in what runs to make and where to position himself in the box to get more chances, like Watkins seems to do naturally.  A loan, with regular starts, in the Championship, could make or break him, but maybe he will get more opportunities with us this season, at least while Wesley is out.  I reckon he's got it in him to make it with a bit of coaching and a good run of games. 

Online GordonCowansisthegreatest

« Reply #1625 on: September 25, 2020, 10:53:41 AM »
Davis is good, and has his uses - as he shows last night, but would he have been in a position to tap in like Watkins did? I doubt it.

Good footballer and is an important squad player - but we want to finish higher than 17th now, so a squad player is all he should be for now.
If Davis hadn't done all the hard work and laid it on a plate for Watkins! He can't be in two places at once.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 15.03.2020
« Reply #1626 on: September 25, 2020, 10:57:19 AM »
That was the best he's played for us. Looked really good. Fair play to him. I've never been convinced, but he looked the part.

Well done, Keinan!

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #1627 on: September 25, 2020, 11:12:14 AM »
I like him - hope he stays :)

Offline darren woolley

« Reply #1628 on: September 25, 2020, 11:23:38 AM »
I'm a fan of Keinan I really like him I think he will go on to be a good player for us.

Offline rooboy316

• GM : 07.08.21
« Reply #1629 on: September 25, 2020, 11:33:30 AM »
We will probably consider loan options for him if and when Wesley is fit and firing.

Online Drummond

• GM : 12.10.2021
« Reply #1630 on: September 25, 2020, 11:49:02 AM »
I'm glad it wasn't me that fucked up the Mom/Mum/Mam thing this time.

I left Brum before I can remember what to use.

Anyway, we should do all we can to keep Davis, he's going to be a really useful player for us in the coming years I reckon.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1631 on: September 25, 2020, 12:00:15 PM »
I think He'd be a great option as a deeper target man with Watkins and Traore pushed right up on the fullbacks as wide forwards and all 3 of them would fit in well playing that. The issue then is where Jack fits, personally I'd have him playing in midfield and getting close to Davis with 2 more defensive players in behind.

Online The Edge

• GM : 02.08.2021
« Reply #1632 on: September 25, 2020, 12:25:36 PM »
I'm a fan of Keinan I really like him I think he will go on to be a good player for us.
I concur

Online The Edge

• GM : 02.08.2021
« Reply #1633 on: September 25, 2020, 12:26:53 PM »
I'm glad it wasn't me that fucked up the Mom/Mum/Mam thing this time.

I left Brum before I can remember what to use.

Anyway, we should do all we can to keep Davis, he's going to be a really useful player for us in the coming years I reckon.
It's all sorted now. The answer was mom.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1634 on: September 25, 2020, 12:28:13 PM »

If Davis hadn't done all the hard work and laid it on a plate for Watkins! He can't be in two places at once.

That was for AEG.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal