collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Topics

Today at 01:48:42 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 288 | Comments: 6

Every Crystal Palace fan there...
September 26, 2020, 01:15:18 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1070 | Comments: 24

[url=https://ibb.co/VpNq...
September 23, 2020, 08:37:01 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 319 | Comments: 1

Players in England first offic...
September 20, 2020, 01:40:06 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 704 | Comments: 5

The commentators in the nation...
September 19, 2020, 06:29:36 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 662 | Comments: 4

The big news since last season...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Keinan Davis  (Read 119067 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 28.02.2021
Re: Keinan Davis
« Reply #1260 on: August 06, 2020, 09:24:58 AM »
He's a good player. He may not be a centre forward, but anyone that can pass, hold the ball and cause problems for opponents at this level is worth sticking with, especially as he's cost us peanuts so far and he's still young.

He's being played as a centre forward though.  He needs to go out on loan because if we go into the new season with him still as our main back up it's going to be another long, hard season.

Offline ChicagoLion

« Reply #1261 on: August 06, 2020, 09:34:51 AM »
As a player off the Bench to hold the ball up when we are protecting a lead is a very useful asset to have.
Itís a bit to simple to just judge him by his goals.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1262 on: August 06, 2020, 09:35:08 AM »
He's a good player. He may not be a centre forward, but anyone that can pass, hold the ball and cause problems for opponents at this level is worth sticking with, especially as he's cost us peanuts so far and he's still young.

He's being played as a centre forward though.  He needs to go out on loan because if we go into the new season with him still as our main back up it's going to be another long, hard season.

I honestly think he's ended up as a centre forward because of his freakish ability to hold on to the ball under pressure, and he's been the only player at the club that can do it since he made his debut, except for the six months we had Grabban.

We've seen a few players this season that look like they really struggle to keep up with the increased speed of the top flight, but Davis has not. I agree that a loan might be worthwhile, but I'd be loathe to offload him just yet.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1263 on: August 06, 2020, 10:17:17 AM »
He has a lot of good attributes, but 34 months since his last league goal is one hell of a goal drought.

Offline Ads

• GM : 02.04.2021
« Reply #1264 on: August 06, 2020, 10:20:11 AM »
A good striker would have bagged the two great chances he had against Sheffield United and we'd have all not aged quote so badly watching the West Ham game.

Offline WilliamStanding

« Reply #1265 on: August 06, 2020, 10:22:17 AM »
simply nowhere near good enough - once Wesley returns and we purchase more fire power will end up in league one.

Thanks for the Effort Keinan - just not good enough

Offline Smithy

• GM : 11.07.2015
« Reply #1266 on: August 06, 2020, 10:50:01 AM »
He has a lot of good attributes, but 34 months since his last league goal is one hell of a goal drought.

It is, but he played the equivalent of less than 6 league matches all season (he didn't start a single game before the lockdown).  I'm not willing to write off a 22 year old forward with less than 6 premier league matches under his belt. Not yet, anyway.

A strikers job is to put the ball in the net at the end of the day, and he isn't doing that.  But he excels at lots of other elements of that position, and I'd like to see if in time he can become a 10 goal a season player - which for someone whose main attribute is holding the ball and bringing in others in the final third would be more than respectable. 

I've no idea if he can become that player, but I'm certainly not writing him off yet.  I can't help but wonder how the restart might have gone for him if Henderson hadn't made that great save from him at his near post against Sheff Utd...

Offline Mister E

• GM : 10.02.2021
« Reply #1267 on: August 06, 2020, 10:57:29 AM »
Get him out on a season-long loan to a good tier-two side where he will get 30+ games and let's see.
The recent mini-league* demonstrated that him coming off the bench did not add much to us at all.

* I cannot bring myself to refer to the Re-start - how can it be a re-start when so many factors had changed?

Offline WilliamStanding

« Reply #1268 on: August 06, 2020, 11:04:24 AM »

It is, but he played the equivalent of less than 6 league matches all season (he didn't start a single game before the lockdown).  I'm not willing to write off a 22 year old forward with less than 6 premier league matches under his belt. Not yet, anyway.

A strikers job is to put the ball in the net at the end of the day, and he isn't doing that.  But he excels at lots of other elements of that position, and I'd like to see if in time he can become a 10 goal a season player - which for someone whose main attribute is holding the ball and bringing in others in the final third would be more than respectable. 

I've no idea if he can become that player, but I'm certainly not writing him off yet.  I can't help but wonder how the restart might have gone for him if Henderson hadn't made that great save from him at his near post against Sheff Utd...

Deano ?

Offline Smithy

• GM : 11.07.2015
« Reply #1269 on: August 06, 2020, 11:08:00 AM »

Deano ?

Yes? I mean...er no. That's not me.

Offline russon

« Reply #1270 on: August 06, 2020, 11:17:38 AM »
No lack of effort but for impact file under Carruthers & Delfounesso. Next.

Offline WilliamStanding

« Reply #1271 on: August 06, 2020, 11:22:04 AM »
No lack of effort but for impact file under Carruthers & Delfounesso. Next.

This.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 02.03.2021
« Reply #1272 on: August 06, 2020, 12:18:04 PM »
No lack of effort but for impact file under Carruthers & Delfounesso.

That's all that needs to be said really even though he's better than both.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 06.02.2021
« Reply #1273 on: August 06, 2020, 12:31:01 PM »
I rate him a lot.

Offline Stinkin_Thinkin

« Reply #1274 on: August 06, 2020, 12:42:32 PM »
It seems obvious to send the boy out on loan, to the champ or possibly one of the newly promoted teams, hopefully bagging a few goals then integrate him back at Villa and he finds some kind of momentum. However Villa triggered an extra one year extension on his contract, his deal expires next season, if he played and scored elsewhere you'd imagine he would want to stay there, and why would you give someone an extra year just to loan them out?
Smith and co seem to rate him despite his dismal returns if they plan to keep him beyond summer 2021 the deal should be heavily incentivized with goal scoring bonus's and low basic.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal