collapse collapse
Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Bournemouth v Villa Post match thread by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 02:27:59 AM]

Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa & England) by ROBBO
[Today at 02:05:22 AM]

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 01:09:06 AM]

Bertrand Traore - Signed by cdbearsfan
[Today at 12:04:20 AM]

Other Games - 2022/2023 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 12:02:52 AM]

Steven Gerrard - Our Manager by PeterWithesShin
[August 10, 2022, 11:55:49 PM]

Palace away by joe_c
[August 10, 2022, 11:34:26 PM]

Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome by KevinGage
[August 10, 2022, 11:14:56 PM]

July 23, 2022, 07:04:34 PM by algy | Views: 12078 | Comments: 2

Notice this ... should it be t...
August 10, 2021, 03:37:52 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 36138 | Comments: 6

It will soon be three years si...
August 09, 2021, 02:47:33 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 38521 | Comments: 40

The Jack Grealish transfer mad...
August 08, 2021, 11:32:36 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 34276 | Comments: 9

So he chose success after all....
August 07, 2021, 01:22:40 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 33536 | Comments: 3

I well remember the day in Feb...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Keinan Davis (on loan at Nottingham Forest)  (Read 240715 times)

Offline bill

Re: Keinan Davis (on loan at Nottingham Forest)
« Reply #2025 on: January 10, 2022, 01:18:02 PM »
Didnít work the keeper once. Thought Grabban was a class above him.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #2026 on: January 10, 2022, 01:22:33 PM »
Yeah thought it was his career in a nutshell. Did a lot of good stuff, but basically no goal threat.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 18.05.2023
« Reply #2027 on: January 10, 2022, 01:38:17 PM »

They might complement one another. Grabban still has great movement. Didn't fire for us in the playoffs but was a very good player for us in the short time he was with us.

One thing about Davis I noticed is that for corners he seemed to take the role of annoying the keeper. Surely a guy with his bulk should be trying to get on the end of the delivery of the corner. His hold up play was excellent until he tired but he could do worse than watch Grabban a bit closer on how to be a threat in the box.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 11.07.2015
« Reply #2028 on: January 10, 2022, 02:57:10 PM »

They might complement one another. Grabban still has great movement. Didn't fire for us in the playoffs but was a very good player for us in the short time he was with us.

One thing about Davis I noticed is that for corners he seemed to take the role of annoying the keeper. Surely a guy with his bulk should be trying to get on the end of the delivery of the corner. His hold up play was excellent until he tired but he could do worse than watch Grabban a bit closer on how to be a threat in the box.

There was a passage of play almost identical to the goal about 5 mins before he came off, and Keinan was in EXACTLY the same position from which Grabban scored, but the cross went to the near post instead (and to be fair Zinckernagel brought a great save out of the keeper with the chance).  The ball gets cross to Grabban and he scores, but the ball doesn't get crossed to Keinan so he doesn't get the chance (no guarantee he'd have finished anyway!).

But I thought he did more than OK for his first start with a new team.  He looked leggy in the second half - understandably - but his failure to trouble the keeper wasn't too much of an issue given who they were playing. It's not like he missed chances, he didn't really have any barring one half-chance where he could have shot, but decided to recycle possession instead.

I'll be much more concerned if he's not troubling championship keepers over the next few weeks and months.

Offline supertom

« Reply #2029 on: January 10, 2022, 03:08:09 PM »
I hope Keinan does okay. I like him. But sadly, he's the poor mans Heskey/Welbeck. So much of his work is good, when he's fit and playing that is. He's just got no killer instinct in the box, or sense of attacking movement. To be fair, when he does get space, he's usually able to test the keeper, but not ruthless enough to get it bottom corner. Ings as an example will look to put it away. Davis will just want to work the keeper, and that's the different between strikers who score goals and those who don't. What he could also really do with, is getting coached by a Dion/Ferdinand/Ferguson type who make heading the ball an art form. For his size and physique, Keinan's never made use of his noggin too much.
I'd still like to think he'll come good as a Championship player, but clubs in that league are almost less inclined to want a non-scoring frontman. The best clubs tend to have a striker who's hitting double figures comfortably.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2030 on: January 10, 2022, 03:26:32 PM »

There was a passage of play almost identical to the goal about 5 mins before he came off, and Keinan was in EXACTLY the same position from which Grabban scored, but the cross went to the near post instead (and to be fair Zinckernagel brought a great save out of the keeper with the chance).  The ball gets cross to Grabban and he scores, but the ball doesn't get crossed to Keinan so he doesn't get the chance (no guarantee he'd have finished anyway!).

But I thought he did more than OK for his first start with a new team.  He looked leggy in the second half - understandably - but his failure to trouble the keeper wasn't too much of an issue given who they were playing. It's not like he missed chances, he didn't really have any barring one half-chance where he could have shot, but decided to recycle possession instead.

I'll be much more concerned if he's not troubling championship keepers over the next few weeks and months.

I think the strategy last night was for Keinan to rough up the Arsenal defence for an hour, then bring on Grabban to kill them off.  If you take the result at face value it worked.

Keinan just needs games and experience and if Cooper was happy to trust him last night, hopefully he'll get that at Forest.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2031 on: January 10, 2022, 03:42:15 PM »

I think the strategy last night was for Keinan to rough up the Arsenal defence for an hour, then bring on Grabban to kill them off.  If you take the result at face value it worked.

Keinan just needs games and experience and if Cooper was happy to trust him last night, hopefully he'll get that at Forest.

This is absolutely the case, Holding in particular was rattled and tired by the time Grabban came on, Davis bullied him. Given forest play with wing backs I wouldn't be surprised if they played Davis, Grabban and Johnson as a 3 up front, Cooper is a good coach and I can't imagine him bring Davis in without having a plan of how those 3 will work together.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2032 on: January 17, 2022, 02:56:40 PM »
Bumped this as I'd just seen highlights package of his performance in his first league start for Forest at Millwall.
They won, he looked really good and apparently his 8 dribbles in the game were a record for the Championship this season.
Nice to see.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 03:00:34 PM by LeeB »

Offline Smithy

• GM : 11.07.2015
« Reply #2034 on: January 17, 2022, 03:14:48 PM »
Bumped this as I'd just seen highlights package of his performance in his first league start for Forest at Millwall.
They won, he looked really good and apparently his 8 dribbles in the game were a record for the Championship this season.
Nice to see.

And he only played 73 minutes.  The kid's got something, whether it's enough for a career in the top flight who knows, and probably not as an out and out goal scorer, but clearly he's got ability.  He just needs a run and some proper first-team experience now.

Offline nigel

« Reply #2035 on: January 17, 2022, 03:49:35 PM »
This will do him the world of good.

Iíve always thought thereís a very good player in there somewhere and if he can start scoring his confidence will really shoot up.

Whether his future is with us or not he should certainly be able to hold down a good career.
Easily good enough for a top six championship team.

Offline cdward

« Reply #2036 on: January 17, 2022, 03:54:09 PM »
I saw his highlights, and he does look menacing, getting the ball, driving in to the box, holding up the ball and holding off defenders so bringing other players in to the game, but he still can't finish.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2037 on: January 17, 2022, 03:56:00 PM »
The second clip is why i like him. Anyone taking a gamble on him getting the ball across has a tap in at the backpost and it comes from nothing but him bulliyng his defender.

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #2038 on: January 17, 2022, 04:38:25 PM »
Saw the clip and he will definitely do a good job at that level, a few goals and a bit of confidence an who knows.  One negative, however - what the f*ck is that kit they are making him wear?

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2039 on: January 17, 2022, 04:42:48 PM »
Sorry, here's the link:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NFFCGAnalytics/status/1482668230971998208?s=20

One comment describes him as "Lukaku like".  If this loan spell does him the world of good, then maybe we'll have a new player on our hands?  And why not?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal