collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Topics

April 20, 2021, 07:06:50 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 916 | Comments: 5

It is 19th April 2021 and I fe...
April 19, 2021, 12:18:46 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 874 | Comments: 8

According to PETA (https://tin...
April 09, 2021, 07:47:47 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 929 | Comments: 14

1967: Preston North End and...
April 03, 2021, 09:55:59 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1853 | Comments: 27

ďMental pain is...
April 01, 2021, 01:09:36 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 365 | Comments: 0

In the fifties it used to be t...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ross Barkley - signed  (Read 92287 times)

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Re: Ross Barkley - signed
« Reply #1755 on: May 04, 2021, 05:58:06 PM »
I would say Tammy is exactly the sort of player we need.
Absolutely.  It would be a great signing.  I get the squad needs work elsewhere, but turning down the opportunity to bring in Tammy would be nuts.

I think a few of our supporters are headed down the road travelled in 2006, when Thierry Henry wasn't what we wanted because IMG were going to get us Ronaldo.

It's possibly more to do with the potential impact on Watkins.  We have a gem of a player on our hands with him who should - without the interference of the twats from Stockley Park - be already close to 20 goals in his first season in the top flight.

We could definitely do with a deputy for Ollie -particularly if he goes to the WC (he'll have effectively been playing two seasons back to back as Brentford played through till Aug last year).

A player coming in at circa £40 million is going to be more than a deputy though.

This ignores that both can interchange position in the same lineup; Ollie does some of his best work foraging wide right and Abraham has expressed a preference for playing wide left before.

Their position at the start of the game doesn't have to be the same throughout.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 16.05.2021
« Reply #1756 on: May 04, 2021, 06:23:14 PM »
Where is the idea coming from that Abraham would be any use on the wing?

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1757 on: May 04, 2021, 06:34:05 PM »
Where is the idea coming from that Abraham would be any use on the wing?

The man himself I believe, he said when he was with us he prefers to play from out wide.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2021
« Reply #1758 on: May 04, 2021, 06:44:52 PM »
Algy makes some good points about Barkley, but even at £10-12m he would still work out at £21-23m if the loan fee for this season is taken into consideration and he's not worth that kind of money.
The only way I would consider him is if chelski just gave him to us (on the basis we've already paid £11m) with no further fee attached. Barkley was to take a significant reduction in his wages and attend intensive training on pressing, tackling and interceptions with the odd attitude tutorial thrown in.
This isn't going to happen, so after the next 4 games he's eligible for wish him the best and say thanks, but no thanks.
Why would you take the loan fee for this season into consideration?  That money is gone whether we sign him or not.  If we did sign him at £10-12m (which there's no chance of) then it would work out at £10-£12m, which is either worth it or isn't depending on your point of view.

He's obviously been poor for a large part of this season.  Fortunately the best people to decide if there's sufficient mitigation for that are the people at Villa who will make the decision on whether we go for him or not.  I'm sure they'll take your suggested tutorials on board though.
Abbeyfealeavfc makes a perfectly well structured and sensible suggestion of a possible transfer option that Villa may consider. Any other type of deal should be fended off with a barge pole.
A free transfer and Barkley goes on some tutorials?  You think that's a well structured and sensible suggestion?

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

« Reply #1759 on: May 04, 2021, 06:59:20 PM »
Oh dear it appears someone has been on some salty, patronising tutorials. Keep up the good work chris!

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #1760 on: May 04, 2021, 07:33:19 PM »
Algy makes some good points about Barkley, but even at £10-12m he would still work out at £21-23m if the loan fee for this season is taken into consideration and he's not worth that kind of money.
The only way I would consider him is if chelski just gave him to us (on the basis we've already paid £11m) with no further fee attached. Barkley was to take a significant reduction in his wages and attend intensive training on pressing, tackling and interceptions with the odd attitude tutorial thrown in.
This isn't going to happen, so after the next 4 games he's eligible for wish him the best and say thanks, but no thanks.
Why would you take the loan fee for this season into consideration?  That money is gone whether we sign him or not.  If we did sign him at £10-12m (which there's no chance of) then it would work out at £10-£12m, which is either worth it or isn't depending on your point of view.

He's obviously been poor for a large part of this season.  Fortunately the best people to decide if there's sufficient mitigation for that are the people at Villa who will make the decision on whether we go for him or not.  I'm sure they'll take your suggested tutorials on board though.
Abbeyfealeavfc makes a perfectly well structured and sensible suggestion of a possible transfer option that Villa may consider. Any other type of deal should be fended off with a barge pole.
A free transfer and Barkley goes on some tutorials?  You think that's a well structured and sensible suggestion?
and a huge drop in his wages. it's just about the only sensible reason for considering taking him off Chelsea's hands. Or he can stay there and be their Micah Richard's if he prefers. I dont mind either way

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 11.09.2021
« Reply #1761 on: May 04, 2021, 08:10:44 PM »
I think the club have the chance to sign some real quality this summer as there will be a fire sale across Europe. 

On that basis, Iíd prefer to optimise spending there than buy Barkley.  I donít particularly rate Barkley but, more so, I donít want him blocking the path to the first team for Chuk/Ramsey/others.

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #1762 on: May 04, 2021, 08:12:02 PM »
and we've got Sanson

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1763 on: May 05, 2021, 01:24:47 AM »
How are Luiz's English tutorials coming along? A pity he no speak the language.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal