collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Joshua Onomah signed on loan  (Read 20222 times)

Offline Matt Collins

Re: Joshua Onomah signed on loan
« Reply #60 on: August 05, 2017, 08:39:30 PM »
Got to admit I was a bit disappointed today

Not as ready as I'd hoped. Thought green looked better

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #61 on: August 05, 2017, 09:10:03 PM »
Got to admit I was a bit disappointed today

Not as ready as I'd hoped. Thought green looked better

How can you tell on the basis of a few minutes playing time ?

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #62 on: August 05, 2017, 09:12:15 PM »
Not writing him off at all

Just thought he had two or three chances to play a telling pass and made the wrong choice

Where I think grealish would have done better for example

But early days so no more than initial reactions

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #63 on: August 05, 2017, 09:45:20 PM »
I mean let's give him a chance.

Offline The Moose

• GM : 03.08.2016
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2017, 10:03:21 PM »
Looks a class above us, needs to drop to our level.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2017, 11:02:26 PM »
Christ, at least give us six weeks to coach anything decent out of him.

Expect him to contract BMHFAS within a few weeks.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2017, 11:55:49 PM »
He's a bit old unit isn't he?

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2017, 11:50:55 AM »
Confident lad that's for sure. I think he'll be great for us.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2017, 11:53:39 AM »

Looks good, and given that he hasn't even had chance to train with us properly, he'll surely only improve.

Offline enigma

« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2017, 01:01:15 PM »
I'm surprised they let him come to us. I know he's very highly rated by Spurs fans and since they haven't signed anyone you'd think they need all the bodies they can get.

On a few football blogs some of their fans rated him as high as Harry Winks who also looks like a very good prospect.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2017, 04:50:05 PM »
Felt uneccessary to bring him on yesterday in the situation and would have preferred another who has not literally joined day before. I guessed Bruce would bring him on if level and hope he provides some good midfield play. Unfortunately he looked a bit overawed on occasion and misplaced simple pass to greenie which would have led to decent attack . Get him I. Against Colchester yes but yesterday hourihane or BB could have been on

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2017, 04:55:02 PM »

Looks good, and given that he hasn't even had chance to train with us properly, he'll surely only improve.

That's prob why he looked so good.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2017, 05:59:58 PM »
Felt uneccessary to bring him on yesterday in the situation and would have preferred another who has not literally joined day before. I guessed Bruce would bring him on if level and hope he provides some good midfield play. Unfortunately he looked a bit overawed on occasion and misplaced simple pass to greenie which would have led to decent attack . Get him I. Against Colchester yes but yesterday hourihane or BB could have been on

I disagree completely, we needed a physical presence in there that Hourihane can't provide and I just don't trust BB, the criticism is that he bought the wrong player off for him and made the change 15-20 minutes too late.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2017, 10:54:06 PM »

I disagree completely, we needed a physical presence in there that Hourihane can't provide and I just don't trust BB, the criticism is that he bought the wrong player off for him and made the change 15-20 minutes too late.

Well I completely agree the wrong player came off and that a change should have come earlier.
For me felt was rushed in to game but get your point. I do think he's an upgrade on tshibola for example a more athletic and skilled talent and will add to squad and team just seems like he has to play as part of the loan deal perhaps ?

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2017, 11:04:17 PM »

Well I completely agree the wrong player came off and that a change should have come earlier.
For me felt was rushed in to game but get your point. I do think he's an upgrade on tshibola for example a more athletic and skilled talent and will add to squad and team just seems like he has to play as part of the loan deal perhaps ?

As I've said elsewhere their midfield was much more energetic than ours and we needed the legs, he was the best option to provide that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal