collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stop Press  (Read 3116 times)

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
Re: Stop Press
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 10:00:23 PM »
One thing I did think might get some comment was Watford's attitude. Was it just me who thought that way?
Whilst I think SGT was important for us I think from their perspective and where he took them from and to he is and will always be IMO more theirs than ours . It's a shame they cocked up on the pitch relaying as I'm sure if it was played at their place the combination of their adoration for him and our better travellers would have resulted in a bigger crowd and atmosphere fitting of the man.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2017, 11:14:53 AM »
One thing I did think might get some comment was Watford's attitude. Was it just me who thought that way?
Whilst I think SGT was important for us I think from their perspective and where he took them from and to he is and will always be IMO more theirs than ours . It's a shame they cocked up on the pitch relaying as I'm sure if it was played at their place the combination of their adoration for him and our better travellers would have resulted in a bigger crowd and atmosphere fitting of the man.

Have to agree.

I was intending to go but through a combination of factors decided against. I'm glad I didn't go now, the man deserved more.

To be honest, if I was a Watford fan (and I've always followed them as I've a lot of family there) he did far more for them than us. He took them from nobodies to the pinnacle of the club game in this country, top two and a cup final. He restored us to where we would always get back to.

Offline Simon Page

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2017, 08:52:02 PM »
I think there's a massive similarity in what he did at both clubs. Watford's rise was greater but turning round our tanker so quickly was just as hard. What a manager.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal