collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ahmed Elmohamady - released  (Read 91265 times)

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
Re: Ahmed Elmohamady - SIGNED
« Reply #405 on: April 14, 2019, 09:23:05 AM »
He was an absolute liability over Christmas when he seemed to be making multiple mistakes every game but now he’s the absolute perfect balance of an attacking full back for this system. That nutmeg was just joyous.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #406 on: April 14, 2019, 10:16:04 AM »
He was an absolute liability over Christmas when he seemed to be making multiple mistakes every game but now he’s the absolute perfect balance of an attacking full back for this system. That nutmeg was just joyous.

In my mind, no nutmeg is complete without the phrase "megs you c**t" thrown at the already humilated opponent.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #407 on: April 14, 2019, 11:56:32 AM »
He and Taylor had excellent games for us yesterday

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #408 on: April 14, 2019, 11:58:48 AM »
He's generally done well at RB for us aside from that 2-3 games over xmas when he really struggled v Stoke and then that Leeds kid took the mick out of him.

Good thing is DS has stopped played him at right midfield which the previous manager liked to do.

Would keep him around next season as think he still has year left on his deal.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #409 on: April 14, 2019, 02:42:12 PM »
Good solid pro, wasn't too happy when Bruce signed him given our surplus of right backs but hasn't let us down too often. Sets up a fair amount of goals and a decent defender. Showed good character to come back from that horrible spell of form.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #410 on: April 14, 2019, 06:00:48 PM »
I thought he'd been poor for us when played this season compared to last but recently he's really raised his game. Over Christmas he couldn't cross the road, nevermind cross a ball, which justified dropping him as not only is it his greatest strength, I'd say he's the best crosser in the squad and when on form really provides the attack with quality service. A joy to watch.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #411 on: April 14, 2019, 06:12:00 PM »
I thought he'd been poor for us when played this season compared to last but recently he's really raised his game. Over Christmas he couldn't cross the road, nevermind cross a ball, which justified dropping him as not only is it his greatest strength, I'd say he's the best crosser in the squad and when on form really provides the attack with quality service. A joy to watch.

Until he came back in to cover the Hutton injury I think he was a fair shout for our worst player of the season. To go from the nervy defending and toothless attack we were seeing at Christmas to his performances in the last week or so is a huge turnaround and he deserves a lot of credit for it.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #412 on: April 14, 2019, 07:02:21 PM »
I've always been a fan of Elmo's.  He has almost always given steady performances of 7 out of 10.

He had that blip around December where he was a walking disaster and lost his place.  However, with Hutton's injury, the door opened back up for him and he's taken his opportunity. 

Currently, he is possibly playing the best football of his Villa career.   

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #413 on: April 14, 2019, 07:49:23 PM »

In his entire Villa career i think he's had a handful of less than 5/10 games for us. He's pretty much a constant 6/10 player with the odd 7-8/10

He always got more stick than was warranted (ditto Taylor) but there you go.

To think Hutton played RB ahead of him for so long ... AARRGGH

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #414 on: April 14, 2019, 08:06:41 PM »
And how for much of his time here, his primary role has been that of flicker-onner of goal kicks.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #415 on: April 14, 2019, 09:19:57 PM »
And how for much of his time here, his primary role has been that of flicker-onner of goal kicks.

I remember reading about that 'tactic' on a Hull site and thinking they're taking the piss.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #416 on: April 14, 2019, 09:22:13 PM »
Despite having that good heading ability, he is normally the player left back for corners which I've always found very strange.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #417 on: June 15, 2019, 01:34:20 PM »
Captained and scored the winner for Egypt the other day. He could be celebrating again next month as Egypt are favourites at home to win the Cup of Nations. I think Kodjia is in the Ivory Coast squad.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #418 on: June 15, 2019, 02:49:43 PM »

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #419 on: June 15, 2019, 07:58:04 PM »
Captained and scored the winner for Egypt the other day. He could be celebrating again next month as Egypt are favourites at home to win the Cup of Nations. I think Kodjia is in the Ivory Coast squad.

Good to see he's back in favour. I watched all three of Egypt's matches at WC and didn't even realise he was in their squad until someone mentioned it on here after the tournament!

Think Senegal will win ACON but Egypt have had a great record in last 15 years in the competition.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal