collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 549676 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: John Terry - Confirmed Assistant Coach
« Reply #4065 on: August 13, 2020, 12:42:22 PM »
He’s played for us, and he works for us as a coach so for the last few years he’s been dedicated to us and we paid and pay his wages. Why are some so obsessed about his ties to Chelsea. Should he just cut them off completely just because he’s with us? He’s was there from the time he was a kid and won literally everything with them as captain. It’s hardly a surprise he really, really likes them still and is very interested in how they do.
Perhaps he could have managed a celebration when we took the lead against them at VP recently then.

Who cares? Players who have played for us and score against us don’t celebrate. It’s stupid. He’s dedicated three of his playing/coaching career to us and been a consummate pro throughout, yet is still hated by some. It’s bizarre.

And he's been handsomely rewarded for his 'dedication'.

Did you expect him not to be paid or not to be paid what the person or club felt he is worth? How about anyone else who has managed or played for us? Are they not "dedicated" because they have been handsomely paid?

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #4066 on: August 13, 2020, 12:43:17 PM »
I'm disaapointed at how few people call him by his correct name, Appleyard.
While he's with us he'll always be Gerald Appleyard to me PWS.

Have googled the name, still none the wiser

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4067 on: August 13, 2020, 12:48:52 PM »
He’s played for us, and he works for us as a coach so for the last few years he’s been dedicated to us and we paid and pay his wages. Why are some so obsessed about his ties to Chelsea. Should he just cut them off completely just because he’s with us? He’s was there from the time he was a kid and won literally everything with them as captain. It’s hardly a surprise he really, really likes them still and is very interested in how they do.
Perhaps he could have managed a celebration when we took the lead against them at VP recently then.

Who cares? Players who have played for us and score against us don’t celebrate. It’s stupid. He’s dedicated three of his playing/coaching career to us and been a consummate pro throughout, yet is still hated by some. It’s bizarre.

Did you expect him not to be paid or not to be paid what the person or club felt he is worth? How about anyone else who has managed or played for us? Are they not "dedicated" because they have been handsomely paid?

I expect him to be paid. I don't expect to have to feel grateful to him for doing his job.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #4068 on: August 13, 2020, 12:52:33 PM »

it was someone's attempt at being clever.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #4069 on: August 13, 2020, 12:58:42 PM »

it was someone's attempt at being clever.

Ahhh, I’ll remain happily thick then.

Something tells me it isn’t clever :-)

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #4070 on: August 13, 2020, 03:09:12 PM »
No problem with Terry's contribution at Villa but wouldn't be upset if he now decided to move on given we have Shakespeare and Richard Florence O'Kelly.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #4071 on: August 13, 2020, 03:55:52 PM »
If he goes, it'll be our best move of the summer.

Not really sure why? I’ve got no idea how much or how little he contributes. I’d like to think that at least one of the players we bring in this summer has more of an impact than a coach potentially leaving. If they don’t we’ll have had a very bad summer.

Fair. I guess I meant that his departure would allow an upgrade in Dean’s coaching staff which to me, is a big opportunity. I didn’t like that the top three coaches had almost no top flight experience between them. Terry was definitely doing his apprenticeship but Dean needs a much more experienced right hand - of course now we have Shakespeare which I’m delighted about

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #4072 on: August 13, 2020, 04:51:08 PM »
If he goes, it'll be our best move of the summer.

Not really sure why? I’ve got no idea how much or how little he contributes. I’d like to think that at least one of the players we bring in this summer has more of an impact than a coach potentially leaving. If they don’t we’ll have had a very bad summer.
Although the rest of the outfielders didn't help, defensively we were pants for 80% of last season.
He presumably has responsibility for defensive coaching and last season we weren't organised at all. He was a good defender himself but good players don't always make good coaches.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 04:54:38 PM by Big Ming »

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #4073 on: August 13, 2020, 05:35:22 PM »
Obviously we won't know for sure whether Terry was also Defensive coach or was just a general coach but with his experience you would have thought he was the former. When the season resumed we let in a goal per game average, before then we let in 2 goals a game on average. Dean has supposedly gone on record stating he took over defensive coaching since the lockdown but has not elaborated more on what that entailed and who he took it from. It could mean that he set the team up more to defend then attack, or he could mean he literally coached the defence. However it does make you wonder Terry's role.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #4074 on: August 14, 2020, 06:42:32 PM »

As have all our players and coaches.  It's clear you don't like him but he's been a decent servant to the club and hardly put a foot wrong in the 3 seasons he's been with us.  People have a right to dislike the bloke but bringing up stuff like whether he celebrated or not is just petty.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4075 on: August 14, 2020, 06:50:32 PM »
I didn't.

Offline WilliamStanding

« Reply #4076 on: August 14, 2020, 07:30:37 PM »
As TV has correctly said -  I’m more than happy with JTs professional application.

If Jack god forbid ever coaches anywhere else when he retires I would cry if he was over zealous with a goal against us.

Some just have issues they can’t get over.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #4077 on: August 14, 2020, 07:59:35 PM »
As TV has correctly said -  I’m more than happy with JTs professional application.

If Jack god forbid ever coaches anywhere else when he retires I would cry if he was over zealous with a goal against us.

Some just have issues they can’t get over.

The finest piece of irony I've seen in a long time.

Offline WilliamStanding

« Reply #4078 on: August 14, 2020, 08:12:37 PM »
Look, the gaffers have given us all the slap so let’s not make it worse.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4079 on: August 14, 2020, 08:17:47 PM »
Look, the gaffers have given us all the slap so let’s not make it worse.

You sound like you're on a mission to get on peoples' tits.

Am I wrong?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal