collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 554314 times)

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
Re: John Terry - Confirmed Assistant Coach
« Reply #3825 on: January 30, 2019, 12:39:22 PM »
Why assume it's his job? He's only months into his first coaching job. I'd be a little taken aback in that circumstance that he's been employed as a purely defensive coach.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #3826 on: January 30, 2019, 12:50:31 PM »

To my knowledge it's never been suggested even once by the club that he's employed as a defensive coach

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #3827 on: January 30, 2019, 01:20:33 PM »
Be nice to know quite what Terry is doing to earn his money at the club. Anyone?

I haven’t seen many matches this season, but sounds like we are struggling at the back. That’s terry’s domain?

Earn your fkn salary John

Cones and bibs I reckon.

Offline achilles

« Reply #3828 on: January 30, 2019, 02:27:39 PM »

To my knowledge it's never been suggested even once by the club that he's employed as a defensive coach

I believe that is his remit which obviously isn't going too well!

Online The Edge

« Reply #3829 on: January 30, 2019, 02:33:37 PM »

Where did you see that? I know of no such remit but maybe i missed something. I think it's more of an assumption from some fans.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3830 on: January 30, 2019, 03:10:37 PM »
It's purely assumption.  He's one of the two Assistant Coaches under Head Coach, Dean Smith.  Obviously it's not unrealistic to hope that he'd have a bit more of a say in the defensive side of things, purely from his very recent first hand experience, but there's no hard evidence of this, and even if he is, it certainly isn't working!

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3831 on: January 30, 2019, 09:29:16 PM »
Why is this such a big deal? He’s part of the staff, he’s learning the trade and his attitude has been excellent.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #3832 on: January 31, 2019, 08:12:03 AM »
Why is this such a big deal? He’s part of the staff, he’s learning the trade and his attitude has been excellent.

Totally agree Toronto.

Offline achilles

« Reply #3833 on: January 31, 2019, 01:40:24 PM »

Where did you see that? I know of no such remit but maybe i missed something. I think it's more of an assumption from some fans.

You won't see it anywhere, you haven't missed anything and it isn't an assumption!

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #3834 on: January 31, 2019, 01:50:11 PM »

Totally agree Toronto.

Purely because the defence and defending has been poor to average
And that JT has a lot of playing experience as defender and may be struggling to communicate and transition this in his coaching role.

So for me it's a concern.
It's ok for people not to agree on here or have varying opinions or see things as a big deal if they choose to especially with reasoned opinion.

That's my reasoning as to why it's a big deal coupled with his attitude in the interview.
Attitude being that I saw some naivety in what he was saying about understanding his coaching role.

Can't fault his enthusiasm but many people here , in UK and around the world would be all acknowledgement JT influence "oh he's so good at coaching"  if we were keeping clean sheets game after game.

So it's really really fair and reasonable to say his 'influence ' is where exactly?!

I not saying you can't think it's a big deal however I am suggesting you to consider that there would be a big deal made if villa were keeping goals conceded to a minimum. And JT would be readily acknowledged so conversely should be readily questioned as villa aren't showing a great defensive showing

So it's that really.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 01:53:38 PM by footyskillz »

Online The Edge

« Reply #3835 on: January 31, 2019, 01:58:20 PM »

You won't see it anywhere, you haven't missed anything and it isn't an assumption!
So it's not an assumption by the fans? It is his remit? How do you know this?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 02:00:13 PM by The Edge »

Offline achilles

« Reply #3836 on: January 31, 2019, 04:12:55 PM »

You know full well I won't answer that, believe it or not it really doesn't bother me one little bit, serves me right for posting it in the first place, lesson learnt!

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #3837 on: January 31, 2019, 04:50:37 PM »
One can make an assumption that people be queued up on here lavishing JT if villa were making clean sheets.

If villa displayed and we're showing some
defensive improvement rather than what's currently on offer then JT would be being acknowledged as some sort of master defence coach !

Let's be fair

Online The Edge

« Reply #3838 on: January 31, 2019, 05:02:51 PM »

You know full well I won't answer that, believe it or not it really doesn't bother me one little bit, serves me right for posting it in the first place, lesson learnt!
I really wasn't trying to bait you. You said that you believe it was his remit and i asked how you knew. Thought you might know something i didn't. Sorry if you think i'm having a pop at you.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #3839 on: January 31, 2019, 06:01:22 PM »
One can make an assumption that people be queued up on here lavishing JT if villa were making clean sheets.

If villa displayed and we're showing some
defensive improvement rather than what's currently on offer then JT would be being acknowledged as some sort of master defence coach !

Let's be fair
It's shocking that only bottom club Ipswich (50) and Rotherham (48) have conceded more goals than us (46).

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal