collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Other Games - 2017/18  (Read 726362 times)

Offline Keeno

• Twitter
Re: Other Games - 2017/18
« Reply #4425 on: February 24, 2018, 09:34:28 PM »
Are Wolves actually that good? It’s not as if they’re winning 4-0 or 5-0 every week.

I've got a lot of dingle mates and we've talked about this loads... I'm of the view (and I think they're starting to agree) that Ruben Neves is so far ahead any other CM in this league in terms of quality - he was in the Champions League this time last year and is regularly in the Portugal squad - that he turns the rest of their side which is us/Derby/Fulham level into the machine they've been at times this year.

Their midfield of Saiss/N'diaye today had rings ran round them by Cairney (who FWIW I think is the second best CM in the league), Johansen and McDonald, their quick forwards in Cavaleiro/Costa/Jota had no service and the wingbacks couldn't bomb forward. Their two full backs Douglas and particularly Doherty (prem quality) are also very good and make so much of their play possible. But Neves makes the whole thing tick and its incredibly unfortunate his first game back from suspension will be against us.

Long story short, without Neves they're a good side of around our level or Fulham's. With him they are the team that can be 10 points clear and play some of the football they have this year.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #4426 on: February 24, 2018, 09:44:47 PM »
Watching Barcelona vs Girona. I want to confirm that the rumour that Barcelona is a good team is indeed true. Just the 6-1 lead tonight now with 15 minutes or so to go.

Messi's free kick and Coutinho's goal were a joy to watch. It was like watching Snodgrass in fact.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #4427 on: February 24, 2018, 09:49:05 PM »
Watching Barcelona vs Girona. I want to confirm that the rumour that Barcelona is a good team is indeed true. Just the 6-1 lead tonight now with 15 minutes or so to go.

Messi's free kick and Coutinho's goal were a joy to watch. It was like watching Snodgrass in fact.

Fucking Messi only wishes he was as good as Snodgrass

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #4428 on: February 24, 2018, 09:51:51 PM »
Are Wolves actually that good? It’s not as if they’re winning 4-0 or 5-0 every week.

I've got a lot of dingle mates and we've talked about this loads... I'm of the view (and I think they're starting to agree) that Ruben Neves is so far ahead any other CM in this league in terms of quality - he was in the Champions League this time last year and is regularly in the Portugal squad - that he turns the rest of their side which is us/Derby/Fulham level into the machine they've been at times this year.

Their midfield of Saiss/N'diaye today had rings ran round them by Cairney (who FWIW I think is the second best CM in the league), Johansen and McDonald, their quick forwards in Cavaleiro/Costa/Jota had no service and the wingbacks couldn't bomb forward. Their two full backs Douglas and particularly Doherty (prem quality) are also very good and make so much of their play possible. But Neves makes the whole thing tick and its incredibly unfortunate his first game back from suspension will be against us.

Long story short, without Neves they're a good side of around our level or Fulham's. With him they are the team that can be 10 points clear and play some of the football they have this year.

Absolutely bang on, Neves is the best player in the league by miles. When we played them, we had Hourihane doing the same job, and everytime we gave him the ball he had to touch and then turn, and they were already on him.

Neves could do both with a single touch, and then deliver a perfect forward pass, setting them away so quickly, and getting their better players on the ball in dangerous areas.

Grealish does it for us too, and tips the balance back to us. I reckon with Kodja fit, we're a match. They've had nothing like the key injuries we've had.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #4429 on: February 24, 2018, 10:04:40 PM »
Wolves look mediocre. Hopefully they'll implode! Fulham a greater threat than Cardiff I feel...
Mate even after their incredible run they are 4 points behind us whilst Cardiff are ahead and potentially a 4 points lead. So as they say you do the maths with 12 to go. 

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #4430 on: February 24, 2018, 10:14:36 PM »
W9 D3 L0 of their last 12, you can't see them keeping up that rate for another 12 games.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #4431 on: February 24, 2018, 10:28:39 PM »
I hear Liverpool fans were booing Evra today. Fully deserved of course for being racially abused by one of their players, the bastard.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #4432 on: February 24, 2018, 10:53:48 PM »

Good point on Neves being suspended as he does make them tick.

He's out for another game but will be back for their VP match.

Jota seems to have gone quiet lately, he's not scored a goal for them for a long while.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #4433 on: February 24, 2018, 10:58:39 PM »
Glenn will man mark him out of the game no bother.

Offline Keeno

• Twitter
« Reply #4434 on: February 24, 2018, 11:26:01 PM »

Absolutely bang on, Neves is the best player in the league by miles. When we played them, we had Hourihane doing the same job, and everytime we gave him the ball he had to touch and then turn, and they were already on him.

Neves could do both with a single touch, and then deliver a perfect forward pass, setting them away so quickly, and getting their better players on the ball in dangerous areas.

Grealish does it for us too, and tips the balance back to us. I reckon with Kodja fit, we're a match. They've had nothing like the key injuries we've had.

I tend to agree, I think Grealish can control a game when he's on form in a similar way that Neves can. It would be a fantastic watch to see us, full strength with Kodjia and a firing Jack against their side. Hopefully we have as many back as possible for their game, I can't wait. In that first game at Molineux you could really tell the difference.

But yeah, Neves should be on the bench/coming through in a top 6 team in the Premier League at the moment - I don't think that's hyperbolic. He captained Porto in the Champions League at 19 years old.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #4435 on: February 25, 2018, 12:18:19 AM »
I hear Liverpool fans were booing Evra today. Fully deserved of course for being racially abused by one of their players, the bastard.

It must have light hearted. They are the best, most sporting, most humorous fans in the world.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #4436 on: February 25, 2018, 12:20:43 AM »
I didn't realise Troy Deeney had only scored four goals this season. Although it is a hell of a way to prove he truly belongs at the club he loves.

Online AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #4437 on: February 25, 2018, 10:05:46 AM »
I didn't realise Troy Deeney had only scored four goals this season. Although it is a hell of a way to prove he truly belongs at the club he loves.
First goal in open play yesterday
That nose tatt must turn his leg into Thor's hammer

Offline Damo70

« Reply #4438 on: February 25, 2018, 12:01:22 PM »
I have put a bet on each of the five main games today. It was only when I had finished doing them that I realised I may have accidently stumbled across a 'system'. I will report back on how successful or otherwise it turns out.

Having worked in the betting industry for a decade I don't tend to believe in any systems or patterns in gambling. Just like I don't believe in dead certs. A guy who gives you a tip for a dead cert is usually scruffily dressed and looks like he needs a decent meal. You never seem to get a dead cert tip from a guy in an expensive suit who drives a Ferrari he has bought with his accumulated winnings. The first dead cert I was ever given was by someone 'in the know' at Hall Green dogs. To be fair the dog was pissing the race....until it went lame coming round the last bend and limped in last. I also knew a guy who monitored Rangers and Celtics wins the season the title went to the last day and worked out that betting on both to win each week whilst avoiding the games they played each other was highly profitable, despite them both always being odds on to win. So he went big on backing them both each week the following season. Unfortunately one of them dropped loads of points that year and finished a distant second wiping out most of his profit.

Offline montague

• GM : 13.12.2015
« Reply #4439 on: February 25, 2018, 12:08:35 PM »
That incessant drone and drumming at Selhurst !!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal