collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: VAR by paul_e
[Today at 02:09:51 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by ChicagoLion
[Today at 02:08:41 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by The Edge
[Today at 02:05:37 PM]

Re: VAR by chrisw1
[Today at 02:04:45 PM]

Re: MOTD by LeeB
[Today at 01:56:14 PM]

Re: VAR by LeeB
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: MOTD by The Edge
[Today at 01:51:57 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by LeeB
[Today at 01:46:02 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: VICTORY THREAD - Aston Villa 1-0 Birmingham  (Read 37216 times)

Offline Kingthing

Re: VICTORY THREAD - Aston Villa 1-0 Birmingham
« Reply #270 on: April 24, 2017, 07:21:47 PM »

Great atmosphere in the Upper North. It's a shame that that, usually, half empty stand isn't used more to generate an atmosphere by encouraging an upper ASBO corner.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #271 on: April 24, 2017, 08:10:10 PM »

Great atmosphere in the Upper North. It's a shame that that, usually, half empty stand isn't used more to generate an atmosphere by encouraging an upper ASBO corner.
I agree. Make tickets up there £10-£20 and get some singers in there by the away fans. The lads in the Upper Holte are wasted as the away fans can't hear them when they're singing away on their own.

Offline nigel

« Reply #272 on: April 24, 2017, 08:51:15 PM »

I agree. Make tickets up there £10-£20 and get some singers in there by the away fans. The lads in the Upper Holte are wasted as the away fans can't hear them when they're singing away on their own.

Its a good view in the Upper North, too.
Only down side is trying to get out after the game. might as well just sit and have a picnic.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #273 on: April 24, 2017, 09:11:05 PM »
Why does every stand have to be noisy? The North Stand Upper is for reading the programme, doing the crossword or knitting without some people disturbing the peace being rowdy, just because there happens to be a football match on.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #274 on: April 24, 2017, 09:36:22 PM »
Why does every stand have to be noisy? The North Stand Upper is for reading the programme, doing the crossword or knitting without some people disturbing the peace being rowdy, just because there happens to be a football match on.
;D

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #275 on: April 24, 2017, 10:07:48 PM »
Personally I get through a dozen or so sudoko games and it really annoys me that some people around me stand and clap when teams come out. There really is no need for that  sort of rowdy behaviour.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #276 on: April 24, 2017, 10:37:14 PM »
https://www.11freunde.de/video/aston-villas-fans-rasten-aus

Was sent this by mates in Germany yesterday. "Best song of the week. Pure goosebumps"

This has obviously gone down very well far beyond B6.

That's class. What a feeling it must be to be a player stood in front of the Holte, the best part of 40,000 Villa absolutely belting out a song like that and the sheer joy and adulation.

If that doesn't want to make you feelmlike youre playing for a big ckub and make yiu want to give your right bollock to succeed, nothing will. Superb.

The best noise since that guttural 30,000 strong roar in the last 5 at Wembley
Very true Ads, and the look of pure joy on some of the young uns faces, days like that should give our players a massive boost. Well done Gabby as well.

The German strapline to that video reads this in English....

Aston Villas fans are resting

Do not look back in anger
City derby won against Birmingham City 1-0, and then the fans of Aston Villa rest assured in the most positive of all senses. The best singing song all week. And pure goose bumps.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #277 on: April 24, 2017, 10:44:56 PM »

Its a good view in the Upper North, too.
Only down side is trying to get out after the game. might as well just sit and have a picnic.

If you are tall, the Upper North is fucking uncomfortable, though.

Last time i sat there i spent most of my time picking bits of the seat in front out of my leg for the next three days.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #278 on: April 24, 2017, 11:14:33 PM »
Was it you that ruffled that blokes tie in the Trinity once?

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #279 on: April 25, 2017, 07:19:38 AM »
Maybe they could move the blokes who sat behind me in the upper holte there. They were very vocal.

Mostly comments like...

"Fuck off you black bastard"
"Fucking monkey"
"Craig Gardner your mother suffers from aids"
"Redknapp you look like my cock"
"You polish wanker"
"Your mother was a refugee"

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #280 on: April 25, 2017, 07:51:50 AM »
Did anyone unearth one of the 10k noses sat amongst us?

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #281 on: April 25, 2017, 07:58:31 AM »
There were two blokes in the Upper Holte by us who refused to sit down despite being told by everybody else and the stewards to. One of them in particular was an absolute arsehole. Eventually, after a lot of arguing with the stewards and hurling abuse at everyone around him, they were thrown out.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #282 on: April 25, 2017, 08:33:45 AM »

I had my eye on these two blokes in the upper north, one in particular looked like a 'nose and I pride myself on being able to spot one. They took their seats late, acting rather shifty and looking around, they were less than animated throughout the first half and at the start of the second. Definate 'noses as far as I was concerned, then Gabby scored.

They celebrated more than I did......

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #283 on: April 25, 2017, 08:36:46 AM »

I had my eye on these two blokes in the upper north, one in particular looked like a 'nose and I pride myself on being able to spot one. They took their seats late, acting rather shifty and looking around, they were less than animated throughout the first half and at the start of the second. Definate 'noses as far as I was concerned, then Gabby scored.

They celebrated more than I did......

Probably nerves. At one point I was the only one stood still in the back of the upper holte. I just froze

Online ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #284 on: April 25, 2017, 08:41:37 AM »
There were two blokes in the Upper Holte by us who refused to sit down despite being told by everybody else and the stewards to. One of them in particular was an absolute arsehole. Eventually, after a lot of arguing with the stewards and hurling abuse at everyone around him, they were thrown out.

Makes me glad that I don't frequent the Upper Holte with you yobbos tbh.

Much more civilised in the Lower Holte (although there were Villa fans fighting each other right by us).

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal