collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fulham 3-1 Aston "where do we go from here?" Villa  (Read 16383 times)

Offline old man villa fan

Re: Fulham 3-1 Aston "where do we go from here?" Villa
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2017, 10:32:52 AM »
Bruce won promotion last year. The games moved on that quickly?

Behave. I watch the football at this level and routinely find myself laughing aloud at how inept it is. I genuinely question how I didn't make it.

We also have an experienced manager at this level but we are unable to rise above the inept.  Why hasn't the manager been able to start to get the players playing as a team over the entire pitch.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2017, 10:42:19 AM »
And if Bruce is moaning about having two games in 48 hours, why on earth did the club agree to the shift from Friday to keep a handful of god botherers happy?

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2017, 11:12:07 AM »
I found myself wishing we could play the sort of easy-on-the-eye football that Fulham did. It's disappointing and discouraging that we still don't have any discernible style or pattern to our play. Fulham were all over us even when we had 11 men. We had no prescence in midfield.

We had a spell where we seemed to have more of the ball for about 5 minutes in the first half but that was really discouraging to watch overall. I just want us to play well, not even win necessarily.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2017, 11:18:22 AM »
It's not just Fulham either, Brentford and Barnsley have turned in performances against us, just off the top of my head, that would probably comfortably been our performance of the season if it was the other way round.

We look so disjointed, I wouldn't call it a team because we only defend as a unit together, once the ball is over the half way line we do the same things every time, there is no thinking on their feet.

Offline papa lazarou

• GM : 06.11.2020
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2017, 11:24:50 AM »
Papa you just described Rushian Hepburn-Murphy who even when fit gets zero game time.
Well in that case Brian, with three games left and only pride to play for, it's an ideal opportunity for the management to play him and see if he can improve things. But I'm not sure they think along those lines. If they change things and make a space available for Sunday then you can guarantee Bacuna will fill it and we'll be back to the same static midfield. Hogan (and Kodjia when available) always seem to have their backs to the opposition goal and they are not that sort of player, that is obvious. They need to be running on to the ball to be effective and that doesn't happen in this set-up.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2017, 01:02:41 PM »
It's disappointing and discouraging that we still don't have any discernible style or pattern to our play

This above all else sums up Bruce's ineptitude when it come to tactics, method and coaching. He has individually the best squad he has ever had at his disposal and cannot figure out a way for them to play.

Even when we were on a run we never looked convincing but we managed to get results.

Considering the news today  - Arry will out manage Bruce all day on Sunday

Offline Boz

« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2017, 01:04:01 PM »

Behave. I watch the football at this level and routinely find myself laughing aloud at how inept it is. I genuinely question how I didn't make it.

I agree it is inept, but where does that place Bruce's Villa team, 15 points off the play-off places?

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2017, 01:07:09 PM »

So you think that Fulham Brentford Derby Boro Swansea Reading will be trying to get out of this division with Hoof ball?

Offline pbavfckuwait

« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2017, 01:14:08 PM »
Kodja's sending off did not help, but it does give Bruce his get out of jail card for a line up that gave Fulham that game from the off, we stay with Brucey boy we will be here for a while, in what Ads describes quite rightly as a inept and crap league, problem being Ads we are showing at this level how inept and crap we are.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2017, 01:20:14 PM »

So you think that Fulham Brentford Derby Boro Swansea Reading will be trying to get out of this division with Hoof ball?

If any of those sides you've named were all that then they wouldn't be in the Championship next season. The poor standard of every team in this division has been a real eye opener for me.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #130 on: April 18, 2017, 01:36:35 PM »
Any indication that we'll appeal the red card? 

Offline Hookeysmith

« Reply #131 on: April 18, 2017, 01:40:56 PM »
Any indication that we'll appeal the red card? 

I would imagine that Kodjia is in his Speedos on a beach somewhere already

Offline Hookeysmith

« Reply #132 on: April 18, 2017, 01:45:50 PM »
I hate this fixture, even when we won 5-1 I would still rather not play them - ever

Now we go into it with a team that have collectively put their feet up and a Manager without a clue - conversely they have appointed (another footballing dinosaur like to Bruce TBH) but one that if nothing else will have them up for it and motivated

This could go very very wrong

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #133 on: April 18, 2017, 04:20:25 PM »

If any of those sides you've named were all that then they wouldn't be in the Championship next season. The poor standard of every team in this division has been a real eye opener for me.
I agree about the general standard, to get out of this league you have got to be above it.
We look no where near that level and the teams above in my opinion will be a lot closer.

Offline cdward

« Reply #134 on: April 18, 2017, 04:41:30 PM »
The difference between us and Fulham was the neat quick passing, one touch, and running off the ball.
In comparison we look laboured and cautious. Our game plan of getting it up to Kodjia and hoping for the best, was scuppered with the red card.
With Hogan on his own, we need the likes of Lansbury and Hourihane to pick him out.
Our midfield of Gardener, Grealish and Jedinak was too deep.
Let's hope we work on a different game plan before Sunday.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal