collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Chap
[Today at 09:29:17 AM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by darren woolley
[Today at 09:28:50 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by Baldy
[Today at 09:26:37 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Clampy
[Today at 09:21:40 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Baldy
[Today at 09:19:49 AM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Max Villan
[Today at 09:17:32 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by nigel
[Today at 08:39:02 AM]

NSWE Investment by IFWaters
[Today at 08:36:11 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Two years ago today  (Read 3297 times)

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
Re: Two years ago today
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 08:56:14 PM »
Wonderful, wonderful day.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2017, 10:21:42 PM »
Superb day, dancing around the living room naked at one point here in Tokyo. My now wife realised that day that she was going to marry a madman, and just how much Villa mean to me.
OMG that is a very worrying image :)) But yes a wonderful day and night it was for me in London.

Haha. Next time, it'll have to be in that Hobgoblin pub in Tokyo, Aftab!

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2017, 12:18:48 AM »
In case any of you are ever at a loose end in London....

The John Lewis shop on Oxford street has a tv section on the 5th floor. The goals from that game are on a constant loop of a couple of minutes or so on one widescreen tv. Made all the better by a couple of our (Chico and me) mates being in the front of the Liverpool section right by the subs bench - they were warned about celebrating after our first goal.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2017, 08:27:27 AM »
In case any of you are ever at a loose end in London....

The John Lewis shop on Oxford street has a tv section on the 5th floor. The goals from that game are on a constant loop of a couple of minutes or so on one widescreen tv. Made all the better by a couple of our (Chico and me) mates being in the front of the Liverpool section right by the subs bench - they were warned about celebrating after our first goal.

Currys pc world have it on in their stores as well. I was in one in Catford a few months ago and every TV was showing the game in ultra hd. You could see our mates. Most of the Liverpool fans were ok but the stewards got a bit funny when they celebrated

Online ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2017, 09:00:22 AM »
One of those rare times when we seemed really up for it on the big occasion. We were far the better team and they took the lead and in truth I was thinking we'd go on to lose then.

But we kept on battering them.

When I re-watched it on TV later on it was particularly sweet that the commentators were talking about how great it would be for Stevie G to win the Cup in his last Liverpool match (for about the billionth time that season as I recall) just as we scored to make it 2-1.

Shame we didn't really turn up for the Final, although weirdly we did nearly get to half-time at 0-0.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2017, 09:20:46 AM »
Our best performance for many years. Fought for everything on the pitch but we had quality about us aswell when we had the ball. I'll never forget the roar on about 89 minutes; our end let out a massive, rousing roar and everyone started bouncing up and down. Another thing that stands out is how quiet the 'famous travelling Kop' were, outsung from start to finish.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2017, 12:54:54 PM »
I quite enjoyed this image post match:

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2017, 09:54:00 PM »
Our best performance for many years. Fought for everything on the pitch but we had quality about us aswell when we had the ball. I'll never forget the roar on about 89 minutes; our end let out a massive, rousing roar and everyone started bouncing up and down. Another thing that stands out is how quiet the 'famous travelling Kop' were, outsung from start to finish.

There was a lot of soul searching and questioning by Liverpool fans after that game as to why their support was so subdued.

I must admit every Liverpool fan I spoke to before and after that game was absolutely decent and, to a man, generous in defeat ( but not to Sterling and Rogers)

Offline FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2017, 09:56:23 PM »
I quite enjoyed this image post match:

And 3 square meals a day.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal