collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Twinned with Falujah  (Read 5334 times)

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
Re: Twinned with Falujah
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2017, 07:05:10 PM »
Those lovable Brizzles put me in hospital in 1982 when we beat them in the FA cup

That's nothing. Some bloke came up to me and put a shilling in my hand and I was forced onto the high seas. By the time I jumped ship and got back to England, I'd missed Rotterdam and we were in the 2nd division ! Bristol is a  well dangerous place like that, avoid.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2017, 07:16:20 PM »
Best away I have been this season bar 90 minutes late afternoon. 

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2017, 09:47:11 AM »
Best away I have been this season bar 90 minutes late afternoon.

Eh?

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2017, 10:22:16 AM »
He enjoyed Bristol Cit away - apart from the game.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2017, 11:40:20 AM »
We need your skills more frequently.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2017, 12:07:02 PM »
We need your skills more frequently.

Thank god for that, I thought it was just me

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2017, 12:26:44 PM »
Those lovable Brizzles put me in hospital in 1982 when we beat them in the FA cup

To be fair I was part of a Villa contingent that was in their end - I got a right battering

Football and the good old day  - eh  ::)

I was there in about '77/79 and was surrounded by a mob of them in a toilet - I had a broken ankle and one of the actually stopped them battering me on the understanding I would come next year and take them on when I was fit...

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2017, 01:19:06 PM »
Twas the days of the hooligan I am ashamed to say  :-[ and I was a little player in some of it. The days of the Drakes Drum coaches were infamous

I remember being in their end and then a huge guy in a donkey jacket squared up to me - I smashed him a bute and he just stood there.  Next thing I know I was at pitch side being put on a stretcher as Jimmy Rimmer came out - I was told he came over to see if I was ok whilst their fans sang a chorus of "Does your mommy know you are here", People that were with me said I went down like a ton of bricks and had about 10 of them set on me and I was lucky the old bill got in and dragged me and a few other out - next thing I remember was waking up in the Royal Infirmary with the Police there asking if I could pick out any faces from a mug shot book - which I duly selected 3 at random

When my Dad came to pick me up I was in a state and was glad to see him until he got me in the car then he lamped me one as well for getting into trouble - proper parenting 80's style  :(

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2017, 05:04:57 PM »
As we're talking Bristol.  I sincerely apologise in advance to all those who suffer the terrible speech impediment of stammering.  This is what happened to me and my mates:

In the early seventies, me and two mates were heading to Bristol Rovers, I was riding shotgun and as I'd been there before insisted I knew the way.  It was getting close to kick-off and we were lost.  I said we'd ask the next person we saw for directions.  There was a bloke coming towards us; so we pulled in and I asked him for directions.  He started to tell us; and he had this horrific stammer,  yu...yu...ggg.ggg. and so on.  To my eternal shame, I almost burst out laughing.  The poor bloke carried on trying to tell us and I was trying my best to hold it in.  Eventually, he moved to the rear of the car and opened the door.  I thought we're fucked, he's going to lose it here.  Instead, he got in and said to my mate in the back." muh, muh, muh, move ov,ov, over, I'll fuh, fuh, fuh fucking sh, sh, show yer.  It, it, it'll be, fuh, fuh, fucking qui, qui, qui, quicker!"

Fair play to him, he got us there in time for kick-off.  We gave him a quid apiece which, if he didn't go into town that night, would have bought him a fair few pints.

Apologies again.  I have no wish to offend or make light of an affliction but my immediate thoughts of laughing was nothing to do with piss-taking but a nervous reaction.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2017, 05:27:26 PM »

That's nothing. Some bloke came up to me and put a shilling in my hand and I was forced onto the high seas. By the time I jumped ship and got back to England, I'd missed Rotterdam and we were in the 2nd division ! Bristol is a  well dangerous place like that, avoid.

Ah,the notorious Press Gang.

Bastards with beards and hats.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal