collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Noses on the payroll  (Read 13133 times)

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
Re: Noses on the payroll
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2017, 12:04:04 PM »
There will be plenty of non Villa fans working at the club that do a fantastic job. However the bloke responsible for official club communication with us hates us with a passion, to me that doesn't sit right.

This. If he was in almost any other role at the Club then I don't think that this would be a significant issue, but now that we all know how insincere all of 'his' communications have been, how can the club allow him to carry on doing it?!

Offline McGraths Dry Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2017, 12:10:28 PM »
I'm more concerned that they clearly didn't check his twitter feed beforehand. This is a social media position for McGraths sake so that's a pretty poor show.

It doesn't sit well with me either but after what feels like decades of ongoing incompetence at the club this is probably the least of our worries.
For me this sums up Villa's problems - mediocrity and incompetence tolerated everywhere. Even when an issue is identified the club put out a statement to ensure the person who made the initial mistake is protected in their job when in fact they should be disciplined. This must be going on throughout the club in every department.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2017, 12:26:08 PM »
I'm more concerned that they clearly didn't check his twitter feed beforehand. This is a social media position for McGraths sake so that's a pretty poor show.

It doesn't sit well with me either but after what feels like decades of ongoing incompetence at the club this is probably the least of our worries.
For me this sums up Villa's problems - mediocrity and incompetence tolerated everywhere. Even when an issue is identified the club put out a statement to ensure the person who made the initial mistake is protected in their job when in fact they should be disciplined. This must be going on throughout the club in every department.

I suspect this complacency and lack of vigilance is at the root of many of our problems as a functioning organisation, never mind as a football team on the pitch. We still need shaking by the lapels.   

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2017, 12:31:22 PM »
Dont particularly care but I might seek the little shit out on twitter and troll him.....

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2017, 12:41:51 PM »

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2017, 01:25:30 PM »

from the way the statement reads, the posts were "posted" prior to him being employed by the club. He is a young lad. He has been warned as to his future behaviour. Correct response

the response would obviously need to be stronger should he continue posting in the same way after his employment has started, until then, give the young man a chance, life is tough enough for young people these days as it is. He can carry on supporting that lot if he likes as long as he is professional and does a good job in his position at the club

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2017, 01:33:53 PM »
He's a young lad. Pretty sure if the likes of denney joined us we would embrace him   In other words nothing to get our knickers in a twist about

In a way I don't mind that kind of banter better than being pc

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2017, 01:34:25 PM »
There will be plenty of non Villa fans working at the club that do a fantastic job. However the bloke responsible for official club communication with us hates us with a passion, to me that doesn't sit right.

It doesn't sit right with me either. Unlike the previous' of that grubby meeja type, the club have been eminently reasonable & mature with their response. He'd have been on his bike if it were down to me.

Me too.

Offline Tony Daleys Shorts

• GM : 25.04.2025
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2017, 01:39:53 PM »
Remove the little shit and the idiot who employed him.

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2017, 01:41:36 PM »

Offline ClaretAndBlueBlood

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2017, 01:57:28 PM »
Remove the little shit and the idiot who employed him.

why don't we remove all the other little shits who stroll around the pitch every week who don't support villa while we are at it, rolls eyes emotion thing

Offline Cleybrooke

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2017, 02:28:27 PM »
Captain of the Ladies 1st team is a Wolves fan.

Do we have have to burn all folk who support another team?

Offline Tony Daleys Shorts

• GM : 25.04.2025
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2017, 02:33:16 PM »
Captain of the Ladies 1st team is a Wolves fan.

Do we have have to burn all folk who support another team?

No, just the ones who openly hate the club will do.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2017, 02:37:22 PM »
It's not about them supporting another club, it's that he openly hates us and yet is now employed to communicate us, the people he hates.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2017, 02:40:42 PM »
If I hated a club as much as he clearly does I certainly wouldn't work for them. They're a strange lot in Small Heath, so many of them claim to hate us with a passion yet they all want to be part of us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal