collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2143196 times)

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
Re: Bruce out
« Reply #15795 on: July 23, 2018, 07:53:26 PM »
Completely and utterly unproven, at a guess.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #15796 on: July 23, 2018, 07:56:46 PM »
Would like us to go for someone like Bilic whever the axe falls on SB.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #15797 on: July 23, 2018, 08:06:16 PM »
Bilic is clueless. Really think he is a manager based on motivation not tactical awareness and coaching ability.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #15798 on: July 23, 2018, 08:08:48 PM »
I just don't see the point in changing him this close to kick off. Let him get a few loans in and see where we are at Christmas. If miles off can him and go and get a coach that will move us forward and start bringing the youth few and has some imagination in the market.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #15799 on: July 23, 2018, 08:10:16 PM »
Out of interest, why are people so against Henry?

It's more a question of, why would you be FOR him? What's he ever done in management to make you think he could be a good manager for us?

Also, I've always thought he was a bit of a cock. If we are going to appoint someone based on, well, nothing, it may as well be someone I like.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #15800 on: July 23, 2018, 08:10:49 PM »
I just don't see the point in changing him this close to kick off. Let him get a few loans in and see where we are at Christmas. If miles off can him and go and get a coach that will move us forward and start bringing the youth few and has some imagination in the market.

I agree with this.  If the worst happens and we have to get rid of Bruce, then whoever takes over hopefully brings momentum in readiness for the season after.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #15801 on: July 23, 2018, 08:29:55 PM »

I agree with this.  If the worst happens and we have to get rid of Bruce, then whoever takes over hopefully brings momentum in readiness for the season after.

There's just one tiny flaw in your plan - there aren't many decent managers looking around for jobs at Christmas, other than Big Fat Sam auditioning for Father Christmas. It's Catch 22.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #15802 on: July 23, 2018, 08:36:29 PM »

There's just one tiny flaw in your plan - there aren't many decent managers looking around for jobs at Christmas, other than Big Fat Sam auditioning for Father Christmas. It's Catch 22.

That may be true but hopefully we have enough clout to turn heads this time as we seem to have been scared recently to upset other clubs by approaching their Manager.  No doubts, someone will have been ditched inbetween times.  (Please don't mention Fat Sam!!) 

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #15803 on: July 23, 2018, 08:53:12 PM »
See what comes out of his chat with owners this week....ffp aside they may back him best they can and tell him reassess at xmas giving potential new Mgr the JAN window . Personally hope he stays, yes I know should have got us up by now with support received but without Round or anyone else interferring the spotlights are soley on him now. He deserves some more commitment back after his commitment following family losses last year..... that alone would have taken a big step from a lot of us v work I’m sure

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #15804 on: July 23, 2018, 09:09:23 PM »
ftp://

In principle yes however new owners would be why he would be moved out. As new owners who like to have own manager and coaching structure have fresh ideas and the name Henry and giving guy a platform could be quite something

Would give whole club a lift and make the villa profile be even bigger.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #15805 on: July 23, 2018, 09:15:39 PM »
I like the man as a person and totally respect him for the way he dealt with his horrible personal situation last season. However, football wise he failed and some of the football was dreadful. His tactics are behind the time IMHO and if the new owners want youth coming through, I do not think that Steve Bruce is the man to do that.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #15806 on: July 23, 2018, 09:18:40 PM »
Great question  I can’t wait to read the answers

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #15807 on: July 23, 2018, 09:20:18 PM »
Get Henry in already . Belgium in world cup were great attacking and it's time to have new fresh in than same old Bruce style. Football us ruthless so it's time to cheer him off before the moaning starts in October

Henry has a different philosophy to Bruce and would much rather see this brace attempt than another there or there about of Bruce. 

Offline frank black

« Reply #15808 on: July 23, 2018, 09:22:32 PM »

His handball against Ireland? Va va voom? French? Never managed? Good looking bastard?

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #15809 on: July 23, 2018, 09:26:06 PM »

His handball against Ireland? Va va voom? French? Never managed? Good looking bastard?

Longest in the shower. Allegedly.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal