collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Stu
[Today at 02:43:17 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 02:42:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 02:42:42 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by martin o`who??
[Today at 02:42:21 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Steve67
[Today at 02:42:20 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Monty
[Today at 02:42:15 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Smirker
[Today at 02:42:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Risso
[Today at 02:42:05 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2141201 times)

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: Bruce out
« Reply #14670 on: June 19, 2018, 06:01:21 PM »
Man up, get rid and move on.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #14671 on: June 19, 2018, 06:22:29 PM »
I don't understand what's complicated about this, Bruce was employed to get us promotion, not get near it. He was given the resources he needed to get the players he wanted for automatic promotion and started with a squad better than most sides in the league so he can have no complaints if he's sacked for missing the only meaningful target he had.

You're quite right, he's lucky to still be in a job. I would say though, what so complicated about people having a difference of opinion?

Perhaps he means what is complicated about the club getting round to sacking him after he failed to meet the objectives he'd been set?

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #14672 on: June 19, 2018, 06:35:53 PM »
I don't understand what's complicated about this, Bruce was employed to get us promotion, not get near it. He was given the resources he needed to get the players he wanted for automatic promotion and started with a squad better than most sides in the league so he can have no complaints if he's sacked for missing the only meaningful target he had.

The whole 'but for one goal' argument also ignores the fact that Fulham were comfortably on top for most of the game, look at how pissed off most posters on here were, the reason for that is because we never looked like we were getting back into the game.
Apart from the 3 golden chances we had. 2 for Grealish and 1 for Hogan. And 1 more if you include Jack's run followed by a tame finish.

Yeah, and Fulham's only counted because it didn't miss. How jammy was that.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #14673 on: June 19, 2018, 06:36:01 PM »
I cannot see, for the life of me, the reasons why people still want to keep Bruce. I really can’t

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #14674 on: June 19, 2018, 06:42:08 PM »

You're quite right, he's lucky to still be in a job. I would say though, what so complicated about people having a difference of opinion?

I don't know, maybe you should ask the poster who's claiming that criticism of Bruce's decisions are just people finding sticks to beat him with and has at regular points in the last few weeks offered insults to anyone who thinks keeping Bruce would be a bad idea or who have suggested that Bruce should've done better with the squad he had.

Aside from that questioning why someone has an opinion and challenging it is a pretty standard part of debating.  The 'not complicated' part is that after weeks he's still posting the same 'only missed out by one goal' comments.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #14675 on: June 19, 2018, 06:43:20 PM »
I cannot see, for the life of me, the reasons why people still want to keep Bruce. I really can’t

There's always a few that prefer to stick with what they know rather than take a risk on somebody else. I can recall a few that wanted to keep O'Leary and "break the 3 year cycle". Obviously it doesn't help when we keep appointing shit managers but right now I think we've pretty much had all of them so a change this time can only be a positive.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #14676 on: June 19, 2018, 06:43:30 PM »

Perhaps he means what is complicated about the club getting round to sacking him after he failed to meet the objectives he'd been set?

And he has a point if that's what he means.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #14677 on: June 19, 2018, 06:57:22 PM »

It really isn’t complicated.

The situation around the club is full of uncertainty, having to recruit a new manager and coaching staff just adds yet another level of complexity and another issue for the hierarchy to deal with. Some people think that in those circumstances perhaps sticking with Bruce allows the club to focus their time and energies on dealing with those matters to ensure that there is still a club to be managed.

I can see both sides of it and I am just pleased that it is not my decision to make. Neither is it for anyone else on here so no point in getting worked up with each other because it will make sod all difference.

Online robleflaneur

« Reply #14678 on: June 19, 2018, 06:59:01 PM »

Lets have a recap since O'Neill jumped ship

We've changed managers numerous times = No change in fortune
We've changed coaching staff numerous times = No change in fortune
We've changed the badge on the shirt = No change in fortune
We've changed the entire playing staff numerous times = No change in fortune
We've changed the owner = No change in fortune

What hasn't changed ? The fragmented and at times poisonous support

How will changing Bruce change a thing ?

I'm not saying we should or shouldn't replace him, just convince me taking into account ALL the above that it would change things for the better.

Fair enough, it's been our fault for the past 8 years. I apologise for the  support that I have failed to give to the team over that time and request forgiveness for the previous 40 odd years.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #14679 on: June 19, 2018, 07:00:15 PM »
I think that's something we can all agree on.. thankfully it's not your decision to make, Chris. ;)

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #14680 on: June 19, 2018, 07:01:00 PM »
Sugarbag.

Online The Edge

« Reply #14681 on: June 19, 2018, 07:01:25 PM »

The whole 'but for one goal' argument also ignores the fact that Fulham were comfortably on top for most of the game, look at how pissed off most posters on here were, the reason for that is because we never looked like we were getting back into the game.
Apart from the 3 golden chances we had. 2 for Grealish and 1 for Hogan. And 1 more if you include Jack's run followed by a tame finish.

Yeah, and Fulham's only counted because it didn't miss. How jammy was that.
That's not the point. The comment was that we never looked like getting back into the game.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #14682 on: June 19, 2018, 07:03:04 PM »

I don't know, maybe you should ask the poster who's claiming that criticism of Bruce's decisions are just people finding sticks to beat him with and has at regular points in the last few weeks offered insults to anyone who thinks keeping Bruce would be a bad idea or who have suggested that Bruce should've done better with the squad he had.

Aside from that questioning why someone has an opinion and challenging it is a pretty standard part of debating.  The 'not complicated' part is that after weeks he's still posting the same 'only missed out by one goal' comments.

Or you could argue Fulham got up by one goal.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #14683 on: June 19, 2018, 07:07:21 PM »

It really isn’t complicated.

The situation around the club is full of uncertainty, having to recruit a new manager and coaching staff just adds yet another level of complexity and another issue for the hierarchy to deal with. Some people think that in those circumstances perhaps sticking with Bruce allows the club to focus their time and energies on dealing with those matters to ensure that there is still a club to be managed.

I can see both sides of it and I am just pleased that it is not my decision to make. Neither is it for anyone else on here so no point in getting worked up with each other because it will make sod all difference.

Agree entirely. For me, the time for change is not now. It was before all this financial malarkey broke, but not now. People will disagree and that's fine.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #14684 on: June 19, 2018, 07:08:56 PM »
The board of this club, regardless of composition, have a lot to answer for over at least the last decade. I was getting frustrated because people seem quick to absolve Bruce of any responsibility at all for our current predicament. It is that simple. Nobody made him sign the players he did and nobody else convinced a naive board that nearly bankrupting us was the only way to go whilst simultaneously throwing shit at the support because people had the temerity to question him when it wasn't paying dividends. I am not suggesting he is the architect of all of our problems but he doesn't get a free pass, another shot at it and £200 for passing "Go" either.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal