collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 10:04:00 PM]

Aston Villa v Chelsea Match Thread by Holy Trinity
[Today at 10:03:52 PM]

Diego Carlos by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:01:42 PM]

John McGinn - signed (Captain) by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:51:55 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bruce Sacked at last (now official)  (Read 2138277 times)

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
Re: Bruce out
« Reply #14580 on: June 16, 2018, 11:51:22 PM »
So Leeds have taken Beilsa and we still have “ I don’t do tactics me” great.

Pretty much

Let’s give Leeds the trophy now shall we. Idiots
Were the idiots for keeping an idiots who failed with a huge amount of resources and whose poor tactics cost us promotion. The fact that when we went one down and the bloke next to me at Wembley decided to go home as he said he knew we'd lose says it all.

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #14581 on: June 17, 2018, 12:21:21 AM »
Having watched Jedinak and Bjarnason,not our best 2 players last year,perform creditably in a WC,how can people argue that Bruce should be given another year ?

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #14582 on: June 17, 2018, 07:44:45 AM »

Pretty much

Let’s be real idiots and give Bruce an extended contract

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #14583 on: June 17, 2018, 08:28:56 AM »

Pretty much

Let’s be real idiots and give Bruce an extended contract

He's on a rolling contract so we havent actually extended it.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #14584 on: June 17, 2018, 09:45:44 AM »
That mad fucker at Leeds will last until the first leaf drops this autumn

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #14585 on: June 17, 2018, 10:29:23 AM »
Leeds!
Leeds are falling apart
But we're Villa, so who cares

Online Taylor

« Reply #14586 on: June 17, 2018, 10:36:43 AM »
Having watched Jedinak and Bjarnason,not our best 2 players last year,perform creditably in a WC,how can people argue that Bruce should be given another year ?
Playing for teams that didn't win.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #14587 on: June 17, 2018, 10:59:03 AM »

to be fair playing against the likes of Messi , Aguero and greissman , champs league players and not the likes of Barry Bannan , David Wheater and Paul Mcshane

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #14588 on: June 17, 2018, 11:00:45 AM »
yet more coin for the staveoffadmin pot

Online Taylor

« Reply #14589 on: June 17, 2018, 11:43:28 AM »

to be fair playing against the likes of Messi , Aguero and greissman , champs league players and not the likes of Barry Bannan , David Wheater and Paul Mcshane
Cheap shot, I know. I made the point because there have many reasons posted on here to part company with Bruce (incidentally I think we should keep him), but saying that he's crap coz two of his charges put in a decent shift whilst playing for their countries is perhaps the daftest.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 11:49:33 AM by Taylor »

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #14590 on: June 17, 2018, 12:17:20 PM »

Cheap shot, I know. I made the point because there have many reasons posted on here to part company with Bruce (incidentally I think we should keep him), but saying that he's crap coz two of his charges put in a decent shift whilst playing for their countries is perhaps the daftest.

I wouldnt part with Bruce because of this neither thou BB should have played more , he has more drive than most midfielders we have , I want Bruce gone for many reasons nothing to do with Jedi .  Bringing on all your strikers and taking off your ammo to feed them would be one :)

Offline supertom

« Reply #14591 on: June 17, 2018, 01:23:03 PM »
If Bruce is willing to stay in the absolute shambles of a situation we're currently in, I've nothing but credit for the man. I say that assured in the knowledge we'll be playing some dreadful stuff on the pitch, but also with some assurance that we'll graft and be tough to beat. Getting as far away from the drop zone as quickly as possible will be order of business 1. Then we can hope (possibly requiring a lot of it) for a playoff push.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #14592 on: June 17, 2018, 01:25:27 PM »
Bruce has in a very large way contributed to the shambles. He hasn’t got us promoted in two seasons and many of the players he bought to do that are on inflated contracts. Him staying isn’t a credit to him at all. He will be incredibly fortunate to be afforded that opportunrit.

Offline supertom

« Reply #14593 on: June 17, 2018, 01:34:48 PM »
Bruce has in a very large way contributed to the shambles. He hasn’t got us promoted in two seasons and many of the players he bought to do that are on inflated contracts. Him staying isn’t a credit to him at all. He will be incredibly fortunate to be afforded that opportunrit.
Like any manager he'll work to the budget given to him. He had a lot of damage to repair from years of in-fighting, dressing room splits, inflated ego's etc. Getting to the play off final wasn't an entirely unsuccessful season. The trouble of course was, as is increasingly evident, our owners gambled everything on going up.
I think short of a takeover where someone can put in place a sustainable long term plan and not merely shite out 100 million and say we'll be up there with Barca in a couple of years, we'll be unable to attract any manager better suited to a Championship scrap than Bruce.

In the current situation I cannot see the positive aspect of changing. And lets not forget who's going to be picking any new potential manager.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #14594 on: June 17, 2018, 02:04:52 PM »
If Bruce is willing to stay in the absolute shambles of a situation we're currently in, I've nothing but credit for the man. I say that assured in the knowledge we'll be playing some dreadful stuff on the pitch, but also with some assurance that we'll graft and be tough to beat. Getting as far away from the drop zone as quickly as possible will be order of business 1. Then we can hope (possibly requiring a lot of it) for a playoff push.

he’s getting paid 3 mill a year of course he’s going to stick around

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal