collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Thankfully 0% Villa now - Tim Sherwood, chancer extraordinaire  (Read 26663 times)

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Re: Thankfully 0% Villa now - Tim Sherwood, chancer extraordinaire
« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2017, 09:42:19 AM »
Perhaps he thinks Andre has a nice phone manner and will be an asset for his property business.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2017, 09:45:57 AM »
" Tim Sherwood has warned Aston Villa that he’s coming to get teenage star Andre Green once he takes his next job."

Does this count as tapping up?

No, it means that Sherwood has applied to be a taxi driver.

Very good

Offline Zouch Villa

• GM : 12.02.2024
« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2017, 10:03:36 AM »
I'm filing this under another rent-a-quote from this chancer.

I should think Andre will regard this as nothing more than just a passing compliment from someone who played a very minor role in his promising career.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #108 on: June 24, 2017, 11:04:27 AM »
For someone who for a short period brought back to the Villa to Aston and lead  us to a cup final, there are an awful lot of sour comments towards Tim Sherwood.  Fair enough he failed to cut it in his 2nd season, but he lost 4 key players.  Sherwood did not have the financial backing as RDM and Steve Bruce had (some will probably praise be to god for that) and he did make mistakes along the way with personnel such as Richards, Lescott and Wilkins as his assistant.

A few of his games were terrific performances, namely Liverpool in the cup, second half v  olbion in the cup and the league, Everton, Spurs away and Sunderland  away.

Was he any worse than the likes of RDM, Garde, Bruce, not in my book.

Sherwood did not take us down the death warrant had  already been signed.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #109 on: June 24, 2017, 01:35:03 PM »
Correct.

Good post.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2017, 01:44:16 PM »
For someone who for a short period brought back to the Villa to Aston and lead  us to a cup final, there are an awful lot of sour comments towards Tim Sherwood.  Fair enough he failed to cut it in his 2nd season, but he lost 4 key players.  Sherwood did not have the financial backing as RDM and Steve Bruce had (some will probably praise be to god for that) and he did make mistakes along the way with personnel such as Richards, Lescott and Wilkins as his assistant.

A few of his games were terrific performances, namely Liverpool in the cup, second half v  olbion in the cup and the league, Everton, Spurs away and Sunderland  away.

Sherwood did not take us down the death warrant had  already been signed.

The rot started with McLeish and carried on under Lambert (who I think we should have got rid of earlier). We appointed Garde when we needed a Redknapp, Pulis, Warnock fire fighter character. We needed the fire fighter Red Adair and got the comedian/actor Red Buttons

To be fair to Sherwood he kept us up and got us to the cup final. I think he could of been given more time. I think Di Matteo could have been given more time. I think Bruce deserves more time.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2017, 03:27:59 PM »
"Got us to a cup final" is loser talk. It doesn't matter unless you win it. Plenty of managers could've kept us up from the position Lambert left us in. Very few would've done so badly as to virtually guarantee relegation by November, the following season.

He should've been sacked earlier. Di Matteo should've been sacked earlier. Bruce should've been sacked by now.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2017, 03:39:22 PM »

Probably not, on balance. But then it's easy to find plenty of "sour comments" about all of them as well, so it's no great surprise that Sherwood also attracts them.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2017, 03:48:09 PM »
He did better than expected as far as the tail end of 2014/15 is concerned. 

With £50+ million to spend and a full pre season to get across his ideas, he failed miserably. The blag and bluster had lost its impact by then. 

If you choose to excuse him from for our woefulness that season, it suggests no one else who took on the job could have possiby done better. That our fate was all but assured.  Yet Allardyce kept Sunderland up, who -at the time he arrived- were in a more precarious position than us.   

Signing dunderheads like Richards, Lescott, Gestede and Wilkins all played pivotal roles in our shitness, and Tactics Tim couldn't integrate the few talented players we did sign that summer. He doesn't get a pass from me.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2017, 04:05:36 PM »
He deliberately neglected the few talented players we had in favour of the dross he had chosen. An act of vanity that cost the club its position in the top flight. I can forgive him for being shite, but not for that. He can get fucked.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2017, 04:23:49 PM »
You do wonder maybe just a little that had he not been such an incompetent cock tactically vs Leicester where our season (and theirs) might have ended up. That was up to the point of collapse a really excellent performance. Still all hindsight and his bullshit and "it's never my fault guv" attitude caught up with him in the end.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2017, 04:47:44 PM »
He deliberately neglected the few talented players we had in favour of the dross he had chosen. An act of vanity that cost the club its position in the top flight. I can forgive him for being shite, but not for that. He can get fucked.

Unfortunately this is an opinion and not fact.

Being sacked In September doesn't hold the relegation at his door either.

And getting "fucked" is a wow 😳.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #117 on: June 24, 2017, 04:50:51 PM »
I think there may be a lazy perception amongst the media and other clubs fans that none of our managers after MON and GH had backing and never stood a chance. But they haven't exactly gone on to glory elsewhere and made us look stupid for 'supposedly' not backing them/sticking with them.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2017, 04:52:05 PM »

It was a disaster when he left. He turned an outstanding opportunity into a farce. He divided the dressing room and pointed fingers at everyone else. The man was poison. While relegation wasn't a certainty he played a huge role in the club getting to that point. By the time Garde arrived most of the damage was done.

Offline AV5nobs

« Reply #119 on: June 24, 2017, 05:03:07 PM »

It was a disaster when he left. He turned an outstanding opportunity into a farce. He divided the dressing room and pointed fingers at everyone else. The man was poison. While relegation wasn't a certainty he played a huge role in the club getting to that point. By the time Garde arrived most of the damage was done.

All opinions, he wasn't poison when he kept us up and got to a cup final.

And we know he split the dressing room with which quotes from someone inside it?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal