collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by cdward
[Today at 03:31:31 PM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 03:30:50 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 03:18:52 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:16:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 03:07:56 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:00:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 02:58:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Monty
[Today at 02:54:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Scott Hogan - retired  (Read 269621 times)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Scott Hogan - confirmed
« Reply #180 on: February 01, 2017, 05:54:15 PM »
Get him up there with Kodjia, work hard, score goals.  There; easy!!

Offline BOB MANSFIELD

« Reply #181 on: February 01, 2017, 08:00:48 PM »
If he's like Rambo that's great, if he's like Deano that's great, too.....but if he's like McCormack OMG.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #182 on: February 02, 2017, 01:49:37 PM »
I'm glad we've got him welcome Scott.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #183 on: February 02, 2017, 02:18:28 PM »
I heard the manager of Brentford say last night when asked about the transfer "we placed  a valuation on the player and that figure was met".

(Translation- We placed an exorbitant valuation on him and fuck me Villa have been silly enough to pay it.) He at least had the good manners to keep a straight face.

I spoke to 3 blokes in the pub before the game and they reckoned the fee was ridiculous, he would be good for us in this division but wouldn't be good enough "when you go up".  They seemed decent blokes but I assumed they were binge drinking.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #184 on: February 02, 2017, 03:11:36 PM »
I heard the manager of Brentford say last night when asked about the transfer "we placed  a valuation on the player and that figure was met".

(Translation- We placed an exorbitant valuation on him and fuck me Villa have been silly enough to pay it.) He at least had the good manners to keep a straight face.

I spoke to 3 blokes in the pub before the game and they reckoned the fee was ridiculous, he would be good for us in this division but wouldn't be good enough "when you go up".  They seemed decent blokes but I assumed they were binge drinking.

The above could well be true, but as we've definitely got at least one more season down here (and maybe a few more) i'll take it. Rhodes would've been exactly the same and he's even but up to the PL and been found out if you take them letting go so soon as proof

Hogan ... who knows what'll happen

Offline Diablo

« Reply #185 on: February 02, 2017, 03:27:34 PM »
Great interview with him on AVTV appears to have a fantastic attitude, talks about rising through the leagues and recovering from his injury after 21 months. If he plays as well as he comes across in that interview I think quite of few of us will be very happy.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #186 on: February 02, 2017, 04:19:09 PM »
Watching his YouTube videos and his goals, he is obviously a 'fox in the box' type player.
 We are going to have to make sure we have a damn sight more action in the 18 yard area, than we are used to, to get the most from him.

Offline BOB MANSFIELD

« Reply #187 on: February 02, 2017, 04:29:18 PM »
Yes, it looks more like a Deano than a Rambo now.
he should be able to pick up all the scuffs and mis-kicks that Kodjia and Adomah (especially) seem to miss out on.
Good Luck Mr Hogan.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #188 on: February 02, 2017, 11:32:34 PM »
Works hard from the looks of him. That will be a big thing up front for us, because we don't get in the channels and press the ball as we should that allows us to push up. He will be an interesting signing. As for what he can do if we go up, most of us on here turned our noses up at Vardy when Sherwood wanted him. He got 24 last season. If you work hard as a striker in the premier league you can score a fair few goals. Until then if he scores 1 in 2 for us in the Championship hes worth the money.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #189 on: February 03, 2017, 08:55:42 PM »
Good luck to him and we definitely need to improve the press up top, so hopefully he'll do that.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #190 on: February 04, 2017, 08:07:56 AM »

I thought new signings had to have a least 70 minutes under their belt before someone moaned about them.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #191 on: February 04, 2017, 09:37:51 AM »

I thought new signings had to have a least 70 minutes under their belt before someone moaned about them.

Even I gave Westwood, Bennett, Lowton etc 90 minutes before I wrote them off (albeit in a friendly).

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #192 on: February 04, 2017, 10:43:08 AM »
I didn't mind Lowton too much. He wasn't great but he wasn't terrible either.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #193 on: February 04, 2017, 10:59:40 AM »
He was always an upgrade on Hutton.

Offline chrisf

« Reply #194 on: February 04, 2017, 11:16:47 AM »
Even I gave Westwood, Bennett, Lowton etc 90 minutes before I wrote them off (albeit in a friendly).
Yep. Those terrible players, two of which are playing for mid-table Premier League Burnley and really shit Bennett who's level on points with us at Cardiff. I wouldn't argue that Westwood isn't shit mind.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal