collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Scott Hogan - retired  (Read 269721 times)

Offline Matt Collins

Re: Scott Hogan - confirmed
« Reply #450 on: August 05, 2017, 10:15:24 PM »
We have no idea how to play any semblance of attacking football -  he was running his heart out, no help from the midfield.

Apart from the 5 brilliant chances you mean?

Sorry but it's really doing my head in. It wasn't great today. It wasn't appalling. But everyone has to reach to extremes

How many chances do you think Wednesday, or Boro, or readings created today. I bet you hands down it wasn't as many as us

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #451 on: August 05, 2017, 10:52:11 PM »
I like the look of him. He's not static, he doesn't wait for the ball to come to him, he chases through balls. He should have maybe put one one of his chances away today mind, but the goals will come.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #452 on: August 05, 2017, 11:05:46 PM »
I like the look of him. He's not static, he doesn't wait for the ball to come to him, he chases through balls. He should have maybe put one one of his chances away today mind, but the goals will come.

Totally agree with this. I thought that today, for the first time, we played to his strengths and his ability began to shine through. Confidence is a massive thing to forwards so I suspect he will improve with a goal or two under his belt.

Offline stubbsyandy

« Reply #453 on: August 05, 2017, 11:11:49 PM »
No movement hogan - perhaps if he suddenly becomes Roy race over night then we are talking.
No movement? Did you watch the game? He moved but the brains of other players did not keep up

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #454 on: August 05, 2017, 11:24:17 PM »
Much more like it from him today than what he showed last season. Get up and running with a goal or two against Colchester and see how he flies.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #455 on: August 05, 2017, 11:28:22 PM »

Yep really odd for people to say he demonstrated no movement. He was constantly on the shoulder and trying to find space. I can think of serveral clever runs he made, one of which nearly presented a chance for Gabby but for a great last ditch tackle.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #456 on: August 05, 2017, 11:35:50 PM »
I'm not a fan, his touch is abysmal.

He's not had too many chances made for him but I'm fearful we have bought a pup.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #457 on: August 05, 2017, 11:39:28 PM »
You not see his touch when he beat a couple of players in the area and but for an excellent save from McGregor he would have scored an excellent goal.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #458 on: August 05, 2017, 11:40:53 PM »
He won't complement Kodjia and isn't an option to play up top by himself. Bruce claimed he had scouted him since his Rochdale days but I severely doubt it.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #459 on: August 05, 2017, 11:57:13 PM »
You not see his touch when he beat a couple of players in the area and but for an excellent save from McGregor he would have scored an excellent goal.

Yes he did well there, his toUch under any kind of pressure is poor though.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #460 on: August 06, 2017, 12:00:16 AM »
He won't complement Kodjia and isn't an option to play up top by himself. Bruce claimed he had scouted him since his Rochdale days but I severely doubt it.

Oh that's that then.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #461 on: August 06, 2017, 12:01:19 AM »
We have no idea how to play any semblance of attacking football -  he was running his heart out, no help from the midfield.

Apart from the 5 brilliant chances you mean?

Sorry but it's really doing my head in. It wasn't great today. It wasn't appalling. But everyone has to reach to extremes

How many chances do you think Wednesday, or Boro, or readings created today. I bet you hands down it wasn't as many as us

Then it's even more appalling that we only scored one. You appear to be at the other extreme.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #462 on: August 06, 2017, 12:12:20 AM »
Hogan was very good today. Gabby should have squared it to him when clean through and he superbly stepped over to let the ball to Gabby to score. I think he needs to be more greedy.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #463 on: August 06, 2017, 01:13:51 AM »
Hogan was very good today. Gabby should have squared it to him when clean through and he superbly stepped over to let the ball to Gabby to score. I think he needs to be more greedy.

Sorry Olaf, can't agree with that.  A couple of nice touches to nearly set himself up in the first half, but I thought he was increasingly ineffective as the game went on.  I accept it's not all his fault as we don't play to his strengths, but there is little point in playing him if we are going to continue to play the way we did today, 

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #464 on: August 06, 2017, 01:36:32 AM »

Sorry Olaf, can't agree with that.  A couple of nice touches to nearly set himself up in the first half, but I thought he was increasingly ineffective as the game went on.  I accept it's not all his fault as we don't play to his strengths, but there is little point in playing him if we are going to continue to play the way we did today, 

I half-agree with both of you about today. But in general there seems to be a collective shrug of the shoulder and 'Bruce can't have seen him at Brentford or he would't have bought him' vibe around this. We're talking about the most expensive player Bruce has ever bought. It's madness. Hogan's a good player, but to put him in a Bruce side is like dousing a Quail's egg in salad cream to make your Uncle Kevin's sandwiches to take to work on his pig farm in the winter. Bruce has wasted £15m of his employer's money (and potentially ruined a good player's career). It's practically gross misconduct.

We could've got Akinfenwe for a couple of pork pies and a handjob* and he'd have contributed way more under this manager.

*I know that for a fact.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal