collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Scott Hogan - retired  (Read 272518 times)

Offline Villafirst

Re: Scott Hogan - retired
« Reply #1845 on: February 29, 2020, 07:55:11 PM »
I'm sure Scott would be better than Borja Baston! Another shite decision by the management. And helping out the morons across the City makes it worse. Hogan plays best in a two upfront. Smith somehow fails to see it....

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #1846 on: February 29, 2020, 07:59:20 PM »
I realise its been a shite day and things look bleak but I maintain that  Hogan doing well for somebody is good for us, and lets not re-write history saying we should of given him a go this season etc, not one single person was advocating that before he started scoring for them.

Online AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #1847 on: February 29, 2020, 08:03:08 PM »
Some players just cannot perform for big clubs

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #1848 on: February 29, 2020, 08:22:24 PM »
Do small heath play with two up front?

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #1849 on: February 29, 2020, 08:26:18 PM »
I realise its been a shite day and things look bleak but I maintain that  Hogan doing well for somebody is good for us, and lets not re-write history saying we should of given him a go this season etc, not one single person was advocating that before he started scoring for them.
I just think it strange that Smith couldn't get a tune out of him bearing in mind he had him at Brentford ......

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #1850 on: February 29, 2020, 08:46:24 PM »
 It's not been totally disastrous. Watford winning nobody expected that,they are within reach however.But Brighton result was a very big positive .I had more hope of overhauling them than West Ham..The last game might see them safe,on the beach as opposed to having to get points v us to stay up.
Bournemouth haven't pulled away.It could get worse before it gets better,ie Leicester away.The return of McGinn could be a game changer.We are in a better position of being in the Cash League than we were 12 months ago.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1851 on: February 29, 2020, 10:02:05 PM »
I know you have to play and give your all for the shirt you are wearing and the noses and Hogan are currently having a big love in with each other but him blowing kisses to the travelling Small Heath fans after scoring today is a bit OTT.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1852 on: February 29, 2020, 10:10:59 PM »
I take no notice of anyone scoring goals in the championship

there is a long list of players who have done that in the past including ones who have played for us who will never make it at premier league level

the gulf is massive
as it is for every other aspect of the game

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #1853 on: February 29, 2020, 10:13:11 PM »
I just think it strange that Smith couldn't get a tune out of him bearing in mind he had him at Brentford ......
Remember he did sod all at Sheffield United and Stoke so this run was hardly predictable.

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #1854 on: February 29, 2020, 10:43:37 PM »
We will need him in the Championship.

Maybe Smith should have given him a chance in the premier league when we had no fit striker.

Serious questions need to be asked of this total shitshow of a season.

I agree. Playin AEG ul top was a bloody disaster. Hogan could do worse than AEG did

Jesus wept. This year was always going to be a struggle. We’re in a domestic cup final today and barring yesterday where results went against us we were hanging on outside the bottom 3.

But it’s been a shit show of a season and now a player who by his own admission didn’t perform well enough for us as he thought he had made it and who most fans wanted rid of is scoring goals whilst out on loan for a mid table championship has retrospectively become the answer?!?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 07:16:07 AM by GarTomas »

Offline GXVilla

« Reply #1855 on: February 29, 2020, 11:20:55 PM »
He’s found his level at a mid-championship team. Great news for us as we might get a few bob for him. How anyone can think he would be any use in the Premier League is beyond me. A shit player settled in well at a shit team. Good luck to him.

Online AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #1856 on: March 01, 2020, 08:59:21 AM »

Maybe Smith should have given him a chance in the premier league when we had no fit striker.

I agree. Playin AEG ul top was a bloody disaster. Hogan could do worse than AEG did

Jesus wept. This year was always going to be a struggle. We’re in a domestic cup final today and barring yesterday where results went against us we were hanging on outside the bottom 3.

But it’s been a shit show of a season and now a player who by his own admission didn’t perform well enough for us as he thought he had made it and who most fans wanted rid of is scoring goals whilst out on loan for a mid table championship has retrospectively become the answer?!?
Maybe you misread my reply

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1857 on: March 01, 2020, 09:23:26 AM »
I hope he keeps scoring as he only has a year left on his contract, so a big fee is unrealistic. If he doubles his tally by season's end, I would have thought £5m is possible.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #1858 on: March 01, 2020, 10:00:33 AM »
He’s having his purple patch. Good for him.

However unfortunately for us they’ll be no one foolish enough to spend the kind of money on him like we did the last time he had a purple patch.

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #1859 on: March 01, 2020, 11:50:48 AM »

Maybe you misread my reply

Wasn’t responding to you! But agree the sentiment!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal