collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Topics

Photo ID now required to purchase tickets by purpletrousers
[Today at 12:19:20 AM]

VAR by The Edge
[November 23, 2020, 11:40:31 PM]

Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving by Brazilian Villain
[November 23, 2020, 11:37:13 PM]

Favourite villa song / chant by Percy McCarthy
[November 23, 2020, 11:35:49 PM]

Other clubs' managers by dcdavecollett
[November 23, 2020, 11:34:29 PM]

Ross Barkley - signed by Villafirst
[November 23, 2020, 10:52:45 PM]

Guess The Goal R13; West Ham v ASTON VILLA, Monday 30th November 🥅 by AV82EC
[November 23, 2020, 10:49:41 PM]

Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome by brontebilly
[November 23, 2020, 10:33:18 PM]

November 23, 2020, 04:23:08 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 172 | Comments: 1

These days a ten year old is l...
November 20, 2020, 12:28:50 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 417 | Comments: 3

In the euphoria of the resumpt...
November 18, 2020, 11:57:57 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 385 | Comments: 2

By Christmas 1936 those who ex...
November 05, 2020, 12:10:19 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1140 | Comments: 8

This weekend sees the thirtiet...
October 28, 2020, 02:06:34 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1014 | Comments: 8

[url=https://ibb.c...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Henri Lansbury - SIGNED  (Read 72565 times)

Offline manic-road

Re: Henri Lansbury - SIGNED
« Reply #735 on: October 27, 2020, 04:35:04 PM »
Lansbury is 30. Anyone have an ide what wages he may be on?

Whatever he could have expected at the end of his contract (in say Championship) including signing on fee and wages will probably be around a third of what it would have been pre COVID.

Rumoured to be on 40k a week, no Championship club will be paying wages like that to him when his contract at Villa runs out.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #736 on: October 27, 2020, 04:38:37 PM »

Whatever he could have expected at the end of his contract (in say Championship) including signing on fee and wages will probably be around a third of what it would have been pre COVID.

Rumoured to be on 40k a week, no Championship club will be paying wages like that to him when his contract at Villa runs out.
sorted

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2021
« Reply #737 on: October 27, 2020, 08:36:53 PM »
It will be interesting to see if he gets another club having sat on a fat contract and not being that bothered to play.  Big come down beckons methinks. I'd rather play than sit on the bench.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 07.03.2021
« Reply #738 on: October 28, 2020, 07:34:10 AM »
It will be interesting to see if he gets another club having sat on a fat contract and not being that bothered to play.  Big come down beckons methinks. I'd rather play than sit on the bench.

It gets personal for some players when they're told they're surplus to requirements.

There was an article on the Athletic recently about bomb squads and David Meyler (I think) talked about how when Reading tried to force him out he took a "fuck you" attitude and just fleeced them till the end of his contract.

Interestingly Stephen Warnock (us) and Albert Adomah (Forest) were interviewed too - it gives an insight as to why Warnock isn't our biggest fan on TV...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 09:00:07 AM by Ad@m »

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 21.01.2021
« Reply #739 on: October 28, 2020, 08:10:03 AM »

We don't know anyone offered him the chance to play. So given the choice of employment or unemployment he has chosen the former. Not much wrong with that tbh.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #740 on: October 28, 2020, 08:24:06 AM »

Financially his very best case scenario then is to run his contract down and 'earn' 1.3m between now and the summer from Villa. If he left say in Jan he picks up 500k between now and then and best case is 500k sign on and 200k per annum which would take 3-4 years to break against if he stays.

Offline ChicagoLion

« Reply #741 on: October 28, 2020, 10:19:34 AM »

It gets personal for some players when they're told they're surplus to requirements.

There was an article on the Athletic recently about bomb squads and David Meyler (I think) talked about how when Reading tried to force him out he took a "fuck you" attitude and just fleeced them till the end of his contract.

Itís really what you sow, look at Ozil 350k a week.
The responsibility to not end up in this mess is with the clubs.
Lansbury will see out his contract now.
the problem for PL clubs is that the secondary market no longer exists because of the perilous financial state of lower league clubs.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #742 on: October 28, 2020, 01:13:57 PM »
it will be interesting to see how many clubs will be willing to offer a contract for a 30 year + footballer - my guess is that he will be retiring from the game within 12 months of his contracting finishing with us.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #743 on: October 28, 2020, 01:19:25 PM »
Hopefully he can reignite his talents at San Jose Earthquakes or Baton Rogue Boulders. Become the next Bradley Wright-Philips, a new God in a new town.

Offline dave17

« Reply #744 on: October 28, 2020, 02:20:04 PM »

Itís really what you sow, look at Ozil 350k a week.
The responsibility to not end up in this mess is with the clubs.
Lansbury will see out his contract now.
the problem for PL clubs is that the secondary market no longer exists because of the perilous financial state of lower league clubs.
I bang on about this all the time to my old man on our daily call. The inability of Man U and co to move their surplus players on big wages is a big opportunity. As the reality of ffp and the covid squeeze kicks in theyíll be desperate to move on players like Romero, rojos etc but through necessity will have to sell better and younger players. Barcelona are a great example, stocked full of highly paid players from their Neymar splurge

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #745 on: October 28, 2020, 02:33:02 PM »
You'll have to point out in the rules where it says that's the case.  All I've been able to find is that only players who are unregistered can be signed outside of the transfer window.  I haven't seen anything that says that this doesn't apply if the cancellation of the player's contract happens outside of the transfer window.  Obviously clubs don't retain the registration once a contract has expired, whether naturally or by mutual termination.

I don't where you looked but it took me about 5 minutes from seeing your post to find it:

https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload/regulations-on-the-status-and-transfer-of-players-june-2019.pdf?cloudid=ao68trzk4bbaezlipx9u

Section 6.1 the 2 bold bits are the important lines.

Players may only be registered during one of the two annual registration
periods fixed by the relevant association.
Associations may fix different
registration periods for their male and female competitions. As an exception
to this rule, a professional whose contract has expired prior to the end of
a registration period may be registered outside that registration period.

Associations are authorised to register such professionals provided due
consideration is given to the sporting integrity of the relevant competition.
Where a contract has been terminated with just cause, FIFA may take
provisional measures in order to avoid abuse, subject to article 22.

Offline Astnor

« Reply #746 on: October 28, 2020, 04:51:52 PM »
What Landsbry can/could do with the ball is/was brilliant somtimes. I like that. Made some and contributed some good goal for us. Pity that he dindnt have enough of other qualities (fx engine and pace) to make a better player for us.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : 02.01.2021
« Reply #747 on: October 28, 2020, 04:59:19 PM »
Given when we bought him, I now find myself reckoning it was because he was seen as a better option than Grealish.

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #748 on: October 28, 2020, 05:51:49 PM »

Financially his very best case scenario then is to run his contract down and 'earn' 1.3m between now and the summer from Villa. If he left say in Jan he picks up 500k between now and then and best case is 500k sign on and 200k per annum which would take 3-4 years to break against if he stays.

But Villa will have offered some compensation for ending hi contract early.   It's not a stretch to imagine they might have offered him 50% of the contract value, then if you add a signing on fee he's nearly broke even.   Players dont like running down contracts in case they get injured and they're left with virtually nothing. 

Obviously we don't know the details, but other players have ended their contracts recently so maybe he's just being bloody minded.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #749 on: October 28, 2020, 06:02:59 PM »

But Villa will have offered some compensation for ending hi contract early.   It's not a stretch to imagine they might have offered him 50% of the contract value, then if you add a signing on fee he's nearly broke even.   Players dont like running down contracts in case they get injured and they're left with virtually nothing. 

Obviously we don't know the details, but other players have ended their contracts recently so maybe he's just being bloody minded.

Most players that agree to end contracts early either have something else lined up, Jota agreed to end his and was with Alaves a day later, or are confident that they'll find something before too long. For someone with the injury history Lansbury has and on such a high wage I doubt either of those is true so if he wants to sit it out then that's fair enough.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal