collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa v Leeds pre-match thread  (Read 20831 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Villa v Leeds pre-match thread
« on: December 26, 2016, 09:00:53 PM »
What a charming club this is, to be sure. There are many things that can be said about Dirty Leeds and, if you try really hard, one or two might not be uncomplimentary. While you’re thinking, here’s a few that come to might right away. Don Revie, cheating, bribery, Billy Bremner, hundreds Seig Heiling while Mark Walters & Tony Daley ripped them to bits that night in the League Cup, St Andrews, Bournemouth, Odsal, Vinnie Jones - folk hero, Peter Ridsdale, David O’Leary, singing Champions of Europe with no shame, the freak show they brought to the cup tie in 2000, Ken Bates, giving that whopper from the Sheffield Wednesday band a job, a succession of lunatic chairmen and owners culminating in a new meaning to the phrase ‘Manager of the Month’. It’s all fun at Elland Road.

They’ve finally started to get their act together and they might even be one of our rivals for promotion. They’ve got a former Next Big Thing manager unless he’s been binned in the past three days and Ronaldo Vieria’s parents deserve applause for naming him with an eye to the future. That apart, there’s nothing much here to stop us taking another step on the road to world domination.

Things newfooty fans don’t know - When Leeds were Champions of Europe. And neither does anyone else, so don’t worry.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Villa v Leeds pre-match thread
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 09:11:38 PM »
Other things they won't know, if you take out that Revie inspired 15 years, they've won one trophy, reached one final and spent more of their history out the top flight than in it. Pre Revie they could only dream of small heath level support. Shithouse of a club.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 09:15:57 PM »
That cup tie in 2000 is one of my all time favourite Villa games, Carbone curling one in from near the corner flag, Merson spilling blood in the build up to one of the other goals, great stuff.

Can see it being a similar game on Thursday, 2-2.

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 09:21:45 PM »
That afternoon they won at Bournemouth and their shithouse fans travelled the breadth of southern England picking fights with strangers.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 09:40:30 PM »
If I start the match thread, home win. If I cannot for any reason then it's in the lap of the Gods how it could end up. Just pray they are in a good mood.

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 09:47:24 PM »
I don't think they might be one of our rivals for promotion, I think they already are.  Gary Monk has done a very good job there.

Offline russon

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 09:54:10 PM »
If you think Gabby or McCormack are chuffers you should have seen Brolin when he came on for them at Wembley in the Savo final. Massive he was.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2016, 10:12:53 PM »
If you think Gabby or McCormack are chuffers you should have seen Brolin when he came on for them at Wembley in the Savo final. Massive he was.

Still not as bad as that fat twat Quinn. And almost certainly more likeable.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2016, 10:13:04 PM »
I beleive Bruce has planned out this week and we will see a different lineup and tactics against Leeds who will be taken a lot more seriously than Burton Albion.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2016, 10:22:40 PM »
A real litmus test for us.
If we want to make the playoffs then this is the sort of team we really need to be beating, especially at home.

Offline Big Dick Edwards

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2016, 10:35:20 PM »
A real litmus test for us.
If we want to make the playoffs then this is the sort of team we really need to be beating, especially at home.

They've won 7 out of their last 9 games. This will be a massive test for us.

Offline FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2016, 10:45:49 PM »
That cup tie in 2000 is one of my all time favourite Villa games, Carbone curling one in from near the corner flag, Merson spilling blood in the build up to one of the other goals, great stuff.

Can see it being a similar game on Thursday, 2-2.

I remember walking down Witton lane after that game , Leeds had left the away end long before
The final whistle looking for a fight against anyone , and I mean anyone women , children
Mother Teresa . Que a fat teenager (Villa
Fan) behind them
Big green iron railings on witton lane telling the Leeds fans to stop fannying about and "ave it"

The fat fuck gesturing fell on deaf ears thank fuck and managed to get home in one peice.

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2016, 10:51:11 PM »
That afternoon they won at Bournemouth and their shithouse fans travelled the breadth of southern England picking fights with strangers.
Living in Bournemouth I remember it well. Went out into town with a few mates for a night out...decided to head home 20 minutes later. It was carnage, they absolutely destroyed the town. Summer Bank Holiday I think it was...

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2016, 11:07:55 PM »
2-1 Villa. Could do with a better performance from Kodjia in this game  - poor against Burton.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2016, 11:08:31 PM »
Only in the last few weeks have they remembered they have a football team. Most pissed off to support the Rhinos and left their beloved club to rot.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal