collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: If you are travelling down to Brighton  (Read 13512 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: If you are travelling down to Brighton
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2016, 09:46:57 PM »
If you're planning to get the last train to Victoria out of Brighton which I believe is 1045 what's the chances of getting back into Brighton from falmer to catch it if the game finishes at 930-940? Any thoughts?

Most locals seem to be saying to prepare for an hours wait before getting on a train back to Brighton, it appears to be an hours walk as well. Hopefully the buses might be a bit more plentiful.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2016, 10:39:53 PM »
I wouldn't worry about trains.

https://www.buytickets.virgintrains.co.uk/buytickets/combinedmatrix.aspx?Command=TimeTable

According to that you can catch train at 23.10 and get to Victoria with a change at Gatwick airport.

In any case there are later night trains going to St Pancras so just get the tube down...it only takes about 15 mins if they run late night on the Piccadily line.

In terms of late night trains Brighton to London has to be one of the most well connected routes in Britain...pretty sure Brighton to Bedford is a 24 hour route.

That's your train anorak information over for tonight.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2016, 11:59:59 AM »
For those folks who are driving down & stopping overnight in & around the centre of Brighton, the cheapest parking I know of is here:

https://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/content/parking-and-travel/parking/regency-square-car-park

Offline travellingman

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2016, 04:15:41 PM »
If any of you are staying over for a night or two, and looking for night life, this is centred on West Street, The Lanes and North Laine areas. Clubs, pubs, eating etc.. Good range of restaurants at Brighton Marina. Kemp Town is the gay village.
Much more info on the City and Seagulls on    www.footballclubs.co.uk     Enjoy your stay.

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2016, 06:51:34 PM »
Travellingman you got some catching up to do if you want the info crown off auntiesledd

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2016, 11:58:12 AM »
There's a Remembrance Day tribute taking place prior to KO tomorrow evening: so if anyone gets held-up on their way to the stadium & arrives there at the last minute, please be mindful of what is - or indeed isn't - going on up in the stands and on the pitch as you go to take your seat(s).

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/brighton-hove-albion-aston-villa-3420116.aspx
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 12:00:16 AM by auntiesledd »

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2016, 06:28:26 PM »
Auntiesledd
I'm landing in Brighton about 1pm tmw where s best place to get the bus to the Amex I will be drinking around the west street area
Cheers

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2016, 06:43:53 PM »
There's a Remembrance Day tribute taking place prior to KO tomorrow evening: so if anyone gets held-up on their way to the stadium & arrive at the last minute, please be mindful of what is - or indeed isn't - going on up in the stands and on the pitch as you go to take your seat(s).

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/brighton-hove-albion-aston-villa-3420116.aspx

Fuck sake not another one!

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2016, 09:11:24 PM »
There's a Remembrance Day tribute taking place prior to KO tomorrow evening: so if anyone gets held-up on their way to the stadium & arrive at the last minute, please be mindful of what is - or indeed isn't - going on up in the stands and on the pitch as you go to take your seat(s).

I make that four weekends in a row.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2016, 09:35:26 PM »

It's Poppygeddon!
It's absolute madness. And please, no more buglers playing The Last Post before a football match. If people feel so strongly then go to a Remembrance Service on Poppy Day.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2016, 09:44:25 PM »

It's Poppygeddon!
It's absolute madness. And please, no more buglers playing The Last Post before a football match. If people feel so strongly then go to a Remembrance Service on Poppy Day.

That's another point. I wonder how many of the people who talk about the need to pay respects and get angry at anyone who disagrees can't be bothered to get up on a Sunday morning and walk to their nearest war memorial?

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2016, 10:15:10 PM »
I don't understand why football clubs feel the need to make such a big deal about it these days because I have no memory of it ever happening when I was a kid in the 70s and 80s. The cynic in me suggests just a box ticking exercise from clubs who just want to be seen to do the right thing. Whatever it is though it seems to be getting more over the top with every year that passes. Those fuckin buglers are the final straw.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 07:30:31 AM by saunders_heroes »

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2016, 11:58:15 PM »
Auntiesledd
I'm landing in Brighton about 1pm tmw where s best place to get the bus to the Amex I will be drinking around the west street area
Cheers

Walk/stagger up West St to the top; turn left & go past Waterstones on the corner; bear left & you'll see the shopping centre (Churchill Square) on the left hand side. Cross over to the other side of Western Rd & the number 25 stop is outside Marks & Sparks (ish).  ;)

Offline luke95

« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2016, 07:16:43 AM »

That's just due to home teams wanting to show their respect , I don't mind that.
But these minutes applause for Joe bloggs aunties dog who stopped for a piss once in Aston Park are getting tiresome.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2016, 08:40:28 AM »

That's just due to home teams wanting to show their respect , I don't mind that.
But these minutes applause for Joe bloggs aunties dog who stopped for a piss once in Aston Park are getting tiresome.

I think someone was trying to organise another one for tonight for some young kid who got run over last week. As sad as these things are, it does get too much.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal