collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

* *  Out Soon  * *  

February 19, 2021, 02:28:51 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1281 | Comments: 16

September 13th, 1986...
February 17, 2021, 12:18:32 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 464 | Comments: 2

There’s certainly a number of ...
February 09, 2021, 10:15:27 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 861 | Comments: 3

This empty wish was a thread o...
February 03, 2021, 02:11:06 AM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1380 | Comments: 17

Nineteen games gone and we're ...
February 02, 2021, 06:53:05 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 488 | Comments: 0

In normal times, either at Vil...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: (We're lucky to be allowed in the same division as) Wolves  (Read 124009 times)

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : 02.01.2021
Re: (We're lucky to be allowed in the same division as) Wolves
« Reply #1050 on: January 24, 2021, 12:32:53 AM »
Continual cheating, says a supporter of the only team to have received multiple yellow cards this season for blatant diving.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1051 on: January 24, 2021, 06:30:49 AM »
Even for a Wolves fan this takes a lot of beating:

‘When you think about it, if you take the 3 points they won against us and give them back to us. And take off the points they got against Liverpool when Liverpool were not prepared. They would be 2 points behind us. Deduct 10 points for continual cheating and they are right in the relegation battle’

Brilliant.

Yes but if you gave us 6 points instead of the usual 3 for winning at the Custard Dome for having to listen to their shit plus a point for every time they said ‘Villa are only in the league because of hawkeye’ we’d have won the league already.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #1052 on: January 24, 2021, 08:17:42 AM »
They rock up 3 years ago after being shit for how long??

Until then they hadn’t finished above us for 38 years.

Offline Lsvilla

• GM : 01.02.2022
« Reply #1053 on: January 24, 2021, 08:34:36 AM »
They do talk some horse shit over there. I can’t actually believe they write such stuff.

wolvesjack said:
They're having their best season ever, we're having a **** season and they're still only 7 pts ahead of us.
Their best season since O'Neill perhaps, but ever??? I'm no Vile fan but that is crap. Agreed that despite everything they are barely ahead of us though. I'd still expect us to finish above them....Oh
Conveniently ignoring the fact we’ve played two games less and are 21 goals better off.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #1054 on: January 24, 2021, 08:37:48 AM »
They do talk some horse shit over there. I can’t actually believe they write such stuff.

wolvesjack said:
They're having their best season ever, we're having a **** season and they're still only 7 pts ahead of us.
Their best season since O'Neill perhaps, but ever??? I'm no Vile fan but that is crap. Agreed that despite everything they are barely ahead of us though. I'd still expect us to finish above them....Oh
Conveniently ignoring the fact we’ve played two games less and are 21 goals better off.

Oh this is funny!
Love it that they won't admit that they are back behind us where they belong.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #1055 on: January 24, 2021, 08:54:22 AM »
They rock up 3 years ago after being shit for how long??

Until then they hadn’t finished above us for 38 years.

Yet they talk about the status quo ‘returning to normality’, when it already has. Fools.

Offline Ads

• GM : 02.04.2021
« Reply #1056 on: January 24, 2021, 09:14:14 AM »
Man for man they're better than us in midfield and attack. Trolololol. Love a MolMix meltdown.

Full on Villa Derangement Syndrome going on there. 3 years 40+ that they finished above us, believed that silly song as they all the little neighbours do and now can't handle the universe restoring the natural order.

Tying themselves in knots to explain why we are 7 points better off, with 2 games in hand and 21 goals better off.

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1057 on: January 24, 2021, 09:51:10 AM »
They're crying on there and demanding refunds for virtual tickets from Chorley because their twitter account took the mickey a bit after they got beat by the bog-eyes.

They're having full meltdown, it's brilliant.

Someone I work with has mentioned the Boing Boing comment and refused to buy a Virtual Ticket because of it.

I know I've said it many times, but it's very, very, very, very, very rare that you find a Wolves supporter with a sense of humour where their team is concerned.

That's my experience as well. I've only started meeting Wolves fans over the past few years (funnily enough), but they have a great sense of humour about all football clubs excluding their own. They could have been making cracks about Villa for 30 minutes straight, but smiles disappear from faces within seconds once it is returned in even the most tokenistic fashion. Suddenly football is no laughing matter. Very strange people.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #1058 on: January 24, 2021, 10:26:31 AM »
Usually a fair few Wolves already on the train when it pulls out of New St headed south after a game. There was always a little banter when were were Prem and they were lower leagues but there was a definite change to the vibe once we were relegated. In the championship years they gave off a patronizing smugness, even in the first year where they weren’t much better than us in their final league position- in fact without looking at the table we might have finished higher than them? The second year though they were well ahead and by far the best team in the division, it was more vocal and goading. Would love it if they dropped back down. Mind the gap, Wolves.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 07.02.2022
« Reply #1059 on: January 24, 2021, 10:34:07 AM »
They're crying on there and demanding refunds for virtual tickets from Chorley because their twitter account took the mickey a bit after they got beat by the bog-eyes.

They're having full meltdown, it's brilliant.

Someone I work with has mentioned the Boing Boing comment and refused to buy a Virtual Ticket because of it.

I know I've said it many times, but it's very, very, very, very, very rare that you find a Wolves supporter with a sense of humour where their team is concerned.

That's my experience as well. I've only started meeting Wolves fans over the past few years (funnily enough), but they have a great sense of humour about all football clubs excluding their own. They could have been making cracks about Villa for 30 minutes straight, but smiles disappear from faces within seconds once it is returned in even the most tokenistic fashion. Suddenly football is no laughing matter. Very strange people.

I think my lack of anithapy to both Wolves and Albion stems from nearly all of the fans of them I know being sound and relatively normal, particulary when compared to other neighbours.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #1060 on: January 24, 2021, 11:50:56 AM »
I've lived in Wolves for 30+ years (Lucky me) and I know 1 chap who supports them who is absolutely sound, we talk football every day both with level heads and have decent banter.

Every other one that I have come across, work with or know personally is an absolute fucktard.

30 years in a City of 220,000 and I've met 1 decent one.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #1061 on: January 24, 2021, 01:35:03 PM »
Just looked, we were two places above them in our first championship season.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #1062 on: January 24, 2021, 02:07:23 PM »
How did they get so obsessed so quickly over us? At least with Knuckledraggers or Bitters it's been in the making for years, passed down and mutating from generation to generation to finally arrive at the psychological mess that they're in now. With Dogheads it's like they've injected themselves with pure Small Heath and it's gone straight in to their bloodstream.

Idiots.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #1063 on: January 24, 2021, 02:43:47 PM »
I wonder how the Wolves fan who phoned up Radio WM 2 seasons ago to state that Villa would never finish above Wolves ever again is feeling these days?

The fact that a team who at the time were languishing in a division below were so prominent in his thoughts, during a season where his own team were doing better than they had done in about 40 years, tells you all you need to know about their mentality.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #1064 on: January 24, 2021, 02:45:03 PM »
Continual cheating, says a supporter of the only team to have received multiple yellow cards this season for blatant diving.

It's like when the Bitters were trying to pin Grealish as a cheat when we were in the Championship.

That would be the club that: Had a player punch the ball in the net then run off celebrating. Have a player actually banned for a pathetic dive to win a penalty and a match. Have a player sent off against us in two of the games they played us that season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal