collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Clampy
[Today at 07:39:53 AM]

NSWE Investment by Clampy
[Today at 07:36:01 AM]

Ollie Watkins by stevo_st
[Today at 07:04:35 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Fulham Post Match Thread  (Read 28768 times)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Aston Villa v Fulham Post Match Thread
« Reply #285 on: October 24, 2016, 03:16:34 PM »
Reading away:

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #286 on: October 24, 2016, 03:23:57 PM »
OCS are all noses, apart from Oscar the drummer.

Steve Craddock is a Villa fan.
Just saying like.

another kick in the balls

A few years ago talksport had called him prior to a big Saturday game (can't remember which one now) but he behaved like a fourteen year old - something like "we're gonna smash the southern softie shandy drinkers". It was even below talksport standard.

I can't say i'm surprised

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #287 on: October 24, 2016, 07:01:58 PM »
What's the Story Morning Glory was released in 95.

Yes, but 'Anger was released as a single off it in Feb'96 (and was number 1 the night the last episode of Our Friends In The North aired when it played out over the end credits as Daniel Craig's character crosses the Tyne Bridge). To bring it slightly back on topic, I'd take Bond's muscle over Westwood's in midfield and he's probably not that much slower.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #288 on: October 24, 2016, 08:03:13 PM »
I like the Oasis song. Fuck it, lets keep playing it. If it ends up we start singing 4 lines from a 90s pop song through games, does it really matter where they are from? (or even how good the song is?) Ive wanted us to adopt a song for ages and if it just so happens that that song is borne out of an away stadium playlist, when we had our first tiny bit of hope for years then it is more poignant than trying to manufacture one from a pool of birmingham based musician songs

Exactly.  I hate it when people try to shoe horn a relevant 'anthem' song in, usually by Black Sabbath or similar (and  now Steel fucking Pulse) which probably resonates with a very small percentage of the support.  Just because you like punk, metal etc, the chances are the majority of those who matter i.e. The younger livleyer noisier fans don't.  The works well as it is spontaneous not contrived, as most of the best things are.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #289 on: October 25, 2016, 04:44:04 PM »
I like the Oasis song. Fuck it, lets keep playing it. If it ends up we start singing 4 lines from a 90s pop song through games, does it really matter where they are from? (or even how good the song is?) Ive wanted us to adopt a song for ages and if it just so happens that that song is borne out of an away stadium playlist, when we had our first tiny bit of hope for years then it is more poignant than trying to manufacture one from a pool of birmingham based musician songs

Exactly.  I hate it when people try to shoe horn a relevant 'anthem' song in, usually by Black Sabbath or similar (and  now Steel fucking Pulse) which probably resonates with a very small percentage of the support.  Just because you like punk, metal etc, the chances are the majority of those who matter i.e. The younger livleyer noisier fans don't.  The works well as it is spontaneous not contrived, as most of the best things are.

By that logic why would any young supporters give two shits about a piss poor middle of the road anthem from a time before they were probably born ?

Lets get something original going instead

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal