collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 03:25:31 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:29:50 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 12:25:41 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 12:22:43 AM]

Jhon Durán - signed by eamonn
[Today at 12:10:39 AM]

Cheeee-co-o-o-o-o-o by Steve kirk
[May 22, 2024, 10:35:14 PM]

Kits 24/25 by VillaTim
[May 22, 2024, 10:23:10 PM]

Season Tickets by London Villan
[May 22, 2024, 10:09:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next Villa manager  (Read 244476 times)

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
Re: Next Villa manager
« Reply #2850 on: October 10, 2016, 08:15:06 PM »
I'd say Bruce has a better chance of getting us up this or next season than the likes of Wagner/smith/rowett, if you were a betting man. He might look less attractive as a long term/ build for the future option but that doesn't seem to be what you're after?

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #2851 on: October 10, 2016, 08:16:04 PM »
looking at the % at the top of the thread, I am encouraged that us villa fans in the main are positive about BFS (not so fat now though with seeing him Saturday on the tv) and therefore we are intelligent enough to know that with the high profile games weve got this month "if" things don't go "our" way we are not going to start with the shit that some on here seem to be salivating for. UTV

They're not positive though are they? They just prefer Bruce to Clarke which is saying very little. I don't want Clarke but i still voted for him over Bruce.

sorry beggar, it does "wh o do YOU want" so I think it is positive, whats your problem with the proposed appointment.  UTV

He's crap and if he doesn't get us up this season which is the ONLY reason RDM was sacked, then he's pointless.

So maybe we shouldn't appoint anyone at all, if any manager not getting us up is pointless.

I said Bruce was pointless because that's it with him - promotion. You know you're not going to challenge for the premiership or build into a good side if you get up. He'll leave us not much better than we left - a lower premiership/upper championship team best case scenario like he left all his teams

Right, so there's no point in getting Bruce because he'll only get us promoted. Hmm.

If that's the be all and end all yes.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2852 on: October 10, 2016, 08:17:12 PM »
On the plus side, the club seem to be taking their time this week, possibly as they have seen the fan reaction to the floated two, so hopefully spreading the net to other candidates.

I hope they don't take a blind bit of notice of what a handful of people are saying on the internet.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2853 on: October 10, 2016, 08:18:17 PM »
On the plus side, the club seem to be taking their time this week, possibly as they have seen the fan reaction to the floated two, so hopefully spreading the net to other candidates.

I hope they don't take a blind bit of notice of what a handful of people are saying on the internet.

Agreed I hope their judgement is better than that.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #2854 on: October 10, 2016, 08:18:39 PM »

Especially if Twitter is his choice of input.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #2855 on: October 10, 2016, 08:19:22 PM »

has Brucie been confirmed yet?

Aston Villa and Chelsea are among the favourites to sign Victor Lindelof from Benfica in the January transfer window.

Even without a manager ?    yeah right

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2856 on: October 10, 2016, 08:19:43 PM »
looking at the % at the top of the thread, I am encouraged that us villa fans in the main are positive about BFS (not so fat now though with seeing him Saturday on the tv) and therefore we are intelligent enough to know that with the high profile games weve got this month "if" things don't go "our" way we are not going to start with the shit that some on here seem to be salivating for. UTV

They're not positive though are they? They just prefer Bruce to Clarke which is saying very little. I don't want Clarke but i still voted for him over Bruce.

sorry beggar, it does "wh o do YOU want" so I think it is positive, whats your problem with the proposed appointment.  UTV

He's crap and if he doesn't get us up this season which is the ONLY reason RDM was sacked, then he's pointless.

So maybe we shouldn't appoint anyone at all, if any manager not getting us up is pointless.

I said Bruce was pointless because that's it with him - promotion. You know you're not going to challenge for the premiership or build into a good side if you get up. He'll leave us not much better than we left - a lower premiership/upper championship team best case scenario like he left all his teams

Right, so there's no point in getting Bruce because he'll only get us promoted. Hmm.

But you'd take Harry Redknapp? Ah, the premier league title is ours.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #2857 on: October 10, 2016, 08:22:26 PM »

Agreed I hope their judgement is better than that.

Well the previous board ignored what people said on the internet when it came to McLeish & Sherwood. I am rather hoping Dr.X & crew are a bit more open minded in their process.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #2858 on: October 10, 2016, 08:24:13 PM »

But you'd take Harry Redknapp? Ah, the premier league title is ours.

Not quite but he's managed a big team quite well, has a big personality, takes no crap from spoilt players, likes youth , and generally tries to play the game vaguely properly. I know the chinese lot wouldn't touch him with a barge pole given his reputation but there you go, lets get safe boring Mr Potato Head in....

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2859 on: October 10, 2016, 08:24:22 PM »
The day the board listen to us about managers or players is the day we become a truly amateur outfit.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2860 on: October 10, 2016, 08:24:48 PM »
Stop the quotathons as well please.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #2861 on: October 10, 2016, 08:27:26 PM »
Pat Murphy reckons there could be another manager in the frame, one that's slipped under everybody's radar.

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #2862 on: October 10, 2016, 08:28:52 PM »
Pat Murphy is tweeting aplenty.
Says Clarke interviewed today and a possible third candidate is being considered.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #2863 on: October 10, 2016, 08:29:32 PM »
He reckons first choice is in employment, and think it is Dyche.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #2864 on: October 10, 2016, 08:30:02 PM »
well that's something (please not ryan giggs. please not ryan giggs)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal