collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest Post Match Thread  (Read 33790 times)

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Aston Villa v Nottingham Forest Post Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2016, 03:29:00 PM »
We will win this league.  There are no teams to fear and we are due a massive bucket full of good luck. 

Offline Five Villa Tattoos

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2016, 03:29:25 PM »
The horrible realization that we're not going to get promoted this season. 😢

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2016, 03:29:41 PM »
Absolutely gutted. Was going mental at 2-1, haven't celebrated like that since the semi-final two seasons ago, just to score two really quickly. And then they score the second of two unstoppable goals and gain the most unlikely point. We'll be ok this season when it does gel but at the moment Huddersfield and Newcastle look a long long way off catching. On another day we'd have scored a few more if not for the woodwork. Is it ok to say despite only one win i'm still  enjoying this season?
There is no way in this league that bloody Huddersfield will be up there all season. We'll be above them come May easy.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2016, 03:30:02 PM »
No goalkeeper, defence or midfield to speak of.

But looks like we have something approximating a forward line now.

Sad thing is, even if we had scored a third, we would still have found a way to throw it away.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2016, 03:30:08 PM »
Dont care how well he played today, Gardner needs to be dropped to the reserves.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2016, 03:30:15 PM »
The horrible realization that we're not going to get promoted this season. 😢

Check out where Burnley were at Christmas and their run of results second half of the season. Nothing is certain yet.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2016, 03:30:16 PM »
Get Jedinak in for Westwood get Tahibola in for Gardner and start seeing games out and we wil do okay. Keep persisting with them and we will be an average championship team.
How can you say that when a team with Westwod and Gardner in created 20+ chances and with better finishing / luck could have scored 4 or 5 goals?

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2016, 03:30:31 PM »
We will win this league.  There are no teams to fear and we are due a massive bucket full of good luck. 
That's the spirit

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2016, 03:30:37 PM »
Great substitution in getting Gestede on, then when we'd got the lead why not take off one of the forwards for Jedinak?

2-1 up 10 minutes left, do we really need McCormack, Gestede, Kodija, Ayew and Grealish? A one man midfield of Westwood who at best is average - we got what we deserved. RDM needs to wise up and quick!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2016, 03:30:41 PM »
Overall i'm satisfied with the performance if very disappointed with the result. They had 2 attempts and both were very good goals, if we'd scored them we'd have been creaming ourselves rather than blaming their defending.
We scored twice, hit the woodwork twice and their keeper made a few very good saves. Play like that Weds and we'll batter Brentford. Ayew was great, Kod looks a threat, Ross and Rudy scored, all positives.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2016, 03:30:43 PM »
Frustrating again. Ayew very good. Enough with the non-existent midfield!

I know you can't keep buying endless players, but I think we were right to hope for another midfielder or two, and goalkeeper cover, or surely Steer is better than Bunn?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2016, 03:31:22 PM »
Absolutely gutted. Was going mental at 2-1, haven't celebrated like that since the semi-final two seasons ago, just to score two really quickly. And then they score the second of two unstoppable goals and gain the most unlikely point. We'll be ok this season when it does gel but at the moment Huddersfield and Newcastle look a long long way off catching. On another day we'd have scored a few more if not for the woodwork. Is it ok to say despite only one win i'm still  enjoying this season?

Of course it is.  I'm not enjoying it at all though.  6 points from 6 is shit, and we're a long way from being good enough.  Leaving aside Huddersfield, Newcastle are in the sort of groove that we just never, ever look like getting into.  Two games coming up where we should win them both, but almost certainly won't.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2016, 03:31:50 PM »
That's the spirit

Some team is going to take an almighty bladdering soon. We won't go forever being this unfortunate in front of goal. How many times have we hit the woodwork this season? I bet it's more than we have in the past two.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2016, 03:32:01 PM »
Frustrating? Yes.  Familiar frailties? Certainly.  But I think there are a lot of positives from today.  When we click and the luck goes with us, we're going to hand out some thrashings - even to some of the supposed better teams in the division.  Okay one win and six points from six games is not good, but let's judge it in another six.  I reckon it'll look much, much healthier.  For the first time in a long time I'm actually looking forward to the ride.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2016, 03:32:16 PM »
To be honest, there's obviously some sort of witch's hex on us, so it probably doesn't matter who we play in midfield. You can't fight hexes.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal