collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Ollie Watkins by KevinGage
[Today at 12:31:02 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:30:53 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Nii Lamptey
[Today at 12:21:32 PM]

Diego Carlos by Footy-Vill
[Today at 12:14:13 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Somniloquism
[Today at 12:11:02 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by dalians umbrella
[Today at 11:49:23 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:19:21 AM]

Champions League Contention by Sdwbvf
[Today at 11:06:33 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Ollie Watkins by KevinGage
[Today at 12:31:02 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill

Re: Ollie Watkins by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:30:15 PM]

[Today at 12:29:33 PM]

[Today at 12:25:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 12:25:33 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Nii Lamptey
[Today at 12:21:32 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Albert Adomah - Released  (Read 91450 times)

Offline sonyhill

Re: Albert Adomah - signed
« Reply #480 on: May 15, 2019, 10:06:46 AM »
That right side of the forward three is a real problem area.  Green is terrible, Adomah looks like he's mentally checked out, and Kodjia doesn't do enough work.

None of those three were anywhere near good enough last night.  I don't thin El Ghazi was either to be fair.  Would love have loved to have seen one of them put a decent ball into the box last night.  Their final balls were woeful!

Online dalians umbrella

« Reply #481 on: May 15, 2019, 10:14:43 AM »
Do you remember last summer when Albert travelled to Middlesborough and then came back?

I suspect that either Pulis / Aliens / or the CIA either replaced him with a doppleganger or did some kind of nasty experiments on his brain.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #482 on: May 15, 2019, 10:31:19 AM »
I think it’s harsh to criticise his performance last night. Looked decent when he came on and immediately helped us be more incisive, battled for the ball around their box and had our best attempt which would have got past most keepers. Also he stepped up and took a penalty for which he gets my respect. The fact he missed is largely irrelevant to how much credit he gets (imo).

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #483 on: May 15, 2019, 10:31:52 AM »
That right side of the forward three is a real problem area.  Green is terrible, Adomah looks like he's mentally checked out, and Kodjia doesn't do enough work.

None of those three were anywhere near good enough last night.  I don't thin El Ghazi was either to be fair.  Would love have loved to have seen one of them put a decent ball into the box last night.  Their final balls were woeful!

At least El Ghazi looks like a threat.  Green looks like a League 2 player doing his best but ultimately playing really badly, and Adomah loos like he's on the proverbial beach.  We can't afford any passengers when we play Leeds, so I'm not sure what the answer is.  Play Whelan and Hourihane in the midfield 3 and push Jack further up perhaps?

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #484 on: May 15, 2019, 10:36:28 AM »
AA was an improvement on Green and unlucky not to score but like Green he cannot go past his marker, that's why I would prefer Hause at left back he has the skill and pace to worry defenders and he would give us extra height on the back line, I thought we looked vulnerable from corners and of course the long throw.

Offline themossman

« Reply #485 on: May 15, 2019, 10:37:49 AM »
I agree if smith could find a way to play Hourihane and Whelan that would be good.

Hard to pick between those three. Probably still Adomah for me. JD can be unplayable but when he isn’t he offers nothing and the chances of the latter are way higher. Green just looks overawed and no end product.

Offline sonyhill

« Reply #486 on: May 15, 2019, 11:21:29 AM »

At least El Ghazi looks like a threat.  Green looks like a League 2 player doing his best but ultimately playing really badly, and Adomah loos like he's on the proverbial beach.  We can't afford any passengers when we play Leeds, so I'm not sure what the answer is.  Play Whelan and Hourihane in the midfield 3 and push Jack further up perhaps?

El Ghazi does look a threat at times but he frustrates the hell out of me most of the time!  Green isn't up to the job - impact sub for a bit of pace late in games at best at the moment.  Albert looks like his brain is still able but his body isn't to me.... legs look like they've gone sadly. 

Smith won't change the formation too much for the final anyway.  It'll either be Hourihane or Whelo and Albert or Green.  But those wing positions are areas that need serious strengthening in the summer.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #487 on: May 15, 2019, 11:41:41 AM »
Do you remember last summer when Albert travelled to Middlesborough and then came back?

I suspect that either Pulis / Aliens / or the CIA either replaced him with a doppleganger or did some kind of nasty experiments on his brain.

He was poor in the run in last season aswell.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #488 on: May 15, 2019, 11:56:11 AM »

I would add Abraham to that list last night as well.  Didn't hold the ball up at all and contributed very little.  Taylor's contributions in the final third were pretty woeful as well.   

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #489 on: May 15, 2019, 12:00:22 PM »
I think El Ghazi always looks dangerous and he starts for me, even though delivery could be better he looks one of our biggest goal threats.
Green to me is at best an impact player off the bench. Kodjia likewise.
I'd start with Adomah (there aren't any other options) , he was unlucky not to score and he combines well with Elmo. I knew he was going to miss the pen though ! Definitely an area of the team we have to strengthen either way.

Offline themossman

« Reply #490 on: May 15, 2019, 12:10:41 PM »
Tammy is the decisive factor for me. Has been a shadow of himself for a while now. We've basically gone from having the best striker in the league to a barely functioning striker. If he can get back to looking like himself at wembley that could be the difference.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #491 on: May 15, 2019, 12:17:41 PM »
Bearing in mind the heavy knock he sustained against Bolton, Tammy might be doing as well as he can at present.

Offline themossman

« Reply #492 on: May 15, 2019, 12:38:53 PM »
Yeah his attitude is great and there is really no other option than to play him even if he's half fit. But it's just frustrating because we'd bury anyone with him firing on all cylinders.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #493 on: May 17, 2019, 07:44:32 AM »
It seems like whoever starts does badly and whoever comes on does better

Against 38 year old Ashley Cole I think there's a strong case for playing Kodjia there. Surely he won't have to track back too much?

Offline manic-road

« Reply #494 on: May 17, 2019, 07:56:29 AM »
Tammy is the decisive factor for me. Has been a shadow of himself for a while now. We've basically gone from having the best striker in the league to a barely functioning striker. If he can get back to looking like himself at wembley that could be the difference.

The service to Tammy was woeful, so he isn't going to look as effective with the poor standard of delivery. When Albert came on I can't recall him once taking on the full back and getting a cross in.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal