collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Albert Adomah - Released  (Read 91524 times)

Offline oldhill_avfc

Re: Albert Adomah - signed
« Reply #405 on: August 24, 2018, 06:14:48 PM »
How will that help his control & crossing?

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #406 on: August 24, 2018, 06:39:23 PM »
I commented during the game on Wednesday he was playing too wide, literally keeping the linesman company. It seriously limits the passes available to him, especially from the full back, it also restricts him in what and where he can go and obviously it's not the best place to be putting in decent crosses.

If Bruce will allow him a bit more freedom I think he'll be far more productive. He should be hitting the far post when balls are coming in from the opposite side instead of just about managing to get on the edge of the area where he's a threat to nobody.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #407 on: August 24, 2018, 06:51:27 PM »
Moving him back over to the right might help Adomah.  He played well against Brentford but his crossing was poor most of the time.  Hopefully, playing El Ghazi on the left, although he can play on the right too, might make Albert a bit more consistent.  He has some competition now for places, especially if Bolasie comes in as well. 

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #408 on: August 24, 2018, 07:12:31 PM »
Thought his overall game was much better the other night. Also Brentford were able to get much more of a foothold in the game once he went off.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #409 on: August 24, 2018, 07:24:17 PM »
Moving him back over to the right might help Adomah.  He played well against Brentford but his crossing was poor most of the time.  Hopefully, playing El Ghazi on the left, although he can play on the right too, might make Albert a bit more consistent.  He has some competition now for places, especially if Bolasie comes in as well.

Thing is, his stats last season were all better from the LEFT. And his one and only decent cross the other night came from his LEFT foot as well.

I think he's just broken or run out of belief/desire due to having no competition to keep him on his toes.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #410 on: August 24, 2018, 07:26:43 PM »
Bruce didnt pick him to start with when he became manager due to his poor start with us.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #411 on: August 24, 2018, 07:27:28 PM »

Thing is, his stats last season were all better from the LEFT. And his one and only decent cross the other night came from his LEFT foot as well.

I think he's just broken or run out of belief/desire due to having no competition to keep him on his toes.

I hadn't realised that, fair play.  I suppose the only argument to that is that Snodgrass was a shoe in and Albert had no choice but to play on the left.  I wonder what was so different before Christmas when we was so effective and scored pretty much all of his goals to that point.  There's no doubt he needed a kick up the arse and he'll get that from the incoming competition.  What him net tomorrow!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #412 on: August 25, 2018, 08:26:02 PM »
Bruce didnt pick him to start with when he became manager due to his poor start with us.

Of the 35 league games under Bruce in the first season Albert played in 34 of them.

Offline mcgrath_85

« Reply #413 on: August 25, 2018, 08:32:21 PM »

Of the 35 league games under Bruce in the first season Albert played in 34 of them.

He didn’t make the bench at the start of last season because Steve didn’t  fancy him. It was only after numerous injuries that he made the staring lineup and excelled, scoring the goals that kept us in contention of the mighty play offs.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #414 on: August 25, 2018, 08:36:32 PM »
Which isn't when Bruce became manager.

And that's as it should be, don't play well you get dropped, play well when you get your chances and you stay in the team.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #415 on: August 25, 2018, 08:38:12 PM »
He jogged on, cut inside a couple of times, completely ineffective, then did fuck all and jogged off.
He has been crap for a long time.

Offline mcgrath_85

« Reply #416 on: August 25, 2018, 08:38:53 PM »
Which isn't when Bruce became manager.

And that's as it should be, don't play well you get dropped, play well when you get your chances and you stay in the team.

He was the manger for three quarters of a season before that Peter.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #417 on: August 25, 2018, 08:39:55 PM »
I know, which is why I answered "Bruce didnt pick him to start with when he became manager" with "Of the 35 league games under Bruce in the first season Albert played in 34 of them."

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #418 on: August 25, 2018, 10:19:07 PM »
He jogged on, cut inside a couple of times, completely ineffective, then did fuck all and jogged off.
He has been crap for a long time.

He needs a run on the right.

It won't happen of course because Bruce seems to be fixated with playing people out of position and on top of that he's got his love child in as an auxiliary right winger for some strange reason.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #419 on: August 25, 2018, 11:23:29 PM »
Should've started today.

AEM as a right winger is such a negative selection for me in a home game, it's like playing with one less attacker as he's a right back.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal