collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Albert Adomah - Released  (Read 91475 times)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: Albert Adomah - signed
« Reply #330 on: November 26, 2017, 07:36:52 AM »
What a swap deal he's turned out to be! Middlesboro completely shit the bed on this deal.

I know! Whenever I'm feeling a bit sad I always think about the fact we convinced the Smoggies to take Adama in return for giving us Albert.

It's the only deal in history which was "Win-Win" for just one of the parties involved!

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #331 on: November 26, 2017, 09:08:09 AM »
He's going to get injured, isn't he?

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #332 on: November 26, 2017, 12:14:25 PM »
please don't say that.

Offline Pete

« Reply #333 on: November 26, 2017, 02:23:57 PM »
Now outscored* Heskey, Downing, Petrov, Cascarino and has the same as Milner for us in league matches.

At this rate he'll overtake Parker, Merson and Staunton by Christmas and Bent, Atkinson and Morley by the end of the season.

*awaits an inevitable correction somewhere

11 in 17 this season. In comparison, Gabby has scored 11 in his last 87. Since New Year"s Day 2014.

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
« Reply #334 on: November 26, 2017, 02:25:28 PM »
What a swap deal he's turned out to be! Middlesboro completely shit the bed on this deal.

I know! Whenever I'm feeling a bit sad I always think about the fact we convinced the Smoggies to take Adama in return for giving us Albert.

It's the only deal in history which was "Win-Win" for just one of the parties involved!
I wouldn't write Adama off just yet, but great deal for us for a change.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #335 on: November 26, 2017, 02:43:02 PM »

I wouldn't write Adama off just yet, but great deal for us for a change.

Traore is garbage.  He hasn't scored a single goal for them.  Literally all he had was speed.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #336 on: November 29, 2017, 04:23:53 PM »
...and pace and skill -but sadly, not the head-up awareness to make the most of these talents.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #337 on: December 07, 2017, 09:08:31 PM »
Daft question; what was the name of the TV programme that his new song eminates from.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #338 on: December 08, 2017, 09:17:04 AM »
Daft question; what was the name of the TV programme that his new song eminates from.
You mean "Heartbeat"?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #339 on: December 08, 2017, 09:54:51 AM »
...and pace and skill -but sadly, not the head-up awareness to make the most of these talents.

Are speed and pace not the same thing then?!

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #340 on: December 08, 2017, 10:08:59 AM »

Are speed and pace not the same thing then?!

I don't know if it's intended here but I personally use them differently, for me pace is over 30-40 yards and is out right sprinting, speed is more the first few steps, although I do tend to use 'quick' more in that context.  Gabby is a great example, Gabby has great pace over longer distances (so he's good at chasing down balls pumped into the channels) but he's not quick over the first few steps so he struggles in tight spaces. 

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #341 on: December 08, 2017, 10:09:53 AM »
You mean "Heartbeat"?

Thats the one

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #342 on: December 10, 2017, 12:25:43 AM »
Just tell Bruce, Gaffer/Boss/Brucey - I am  better on the left cutting in.  Two or three better options wide on the right. 

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #343 on: December 10, 2017, 12:42:18 AM »
Just tell Bruce, Gaffer/Boss/Brucey - I am  better on the left cutting in.  Two or three better options wide on the right. 

Yeah, that will work. Might as well talk to a washing machine. In fact, I just told my sister's washing machine to strangle itself in a vicious spin cycle, and it told me me to go and take a flying fuck at the moon.

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #344 on: February 01, 2018, 07:42:34 PM »
Getting concerned about Albert's poor form, which has gone on I believe for 2 months now. His only goal in that time was a penalty against Sheffield United, whereas previously he was in superb form, the large majority of our goals and assists were coming from him.

Not sure if he's lost a bit of confidence, but most times, when he gets the ball, he invariably loses possession and rarely provides quality balls into the box. He's now one of our least effective players. Not sure what the answer is, possibly a rest for a couple of matches and bring in Green. A return to form of Albert, would be a major boost for us in our push for automatic promotion.

This is the first post on him since 10 December which says it all.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal