collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jonathan Kodjia - SOLD  (Read 258521 times)

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Jonathan Kodjia - CONFIRMED
« Reply #780 on: October 30, 2017, 08:59:19 AM »
when he gets the ball , Im always shouting pass it , pass it now , and then the defender eventually gets a foot in and gets the ball because he hangs onto it long.        greedy bugger.   what  a player he could be If he just looked up for other players at times.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #781 on: October 30, 2017, 09:09:42 AM »
His reluctance to give anyone else the ball is infuriating.

There was a great example of it today which happened more or less on the half way line. I understand good players want to keep the ball, but he was never going to run half the length of the pitch and score.

If he does in the right areas such as his run and shot where he hit the bar it is a real asset as it can unlock well organised defences. Doing it on the half way line is, as you say, a dangerous game. Very occasionally he will get away and create space against a retreating defence but far more often we lose possession and we are on the back foot. He is 28 so I doubt he is going to change.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #782 on: October 30, 2017, 12:26:15 PM »
out for he Preston game, hope he isn't going to be away too long

Online Rudy65

« Reply #783 on: October 30, 2017, 07:54:37 PM »
His injury may have come at a good time. Davis back up top and Hourihane further forward please Steve

Or with Hogan up front. But definitely not with Hogan isolated on the wing

Offline FanNOTCustomer

« Reply #784 on: October 30, 2017, 08:40:48 PM »
Oh dear if he's out for any substantial amount of time there goes our promotion hopes. We only started winning games when he came back. Even not scoring he's a busy handful of a player and ALWAYS a threat. I don't want him to lay-off to the sub-standard shyte that is surrounding him, if we ask him to lay off all the time, we lose Kodija as we know him and he becomes another sideway crab player.

It's called endeavour and tenacity.

Hogan maybe alright in a decent passing team but he's dreadful for us under Bruce....seeing him even touch the ball is a bloody surprise let along scoring.

Love you Jimmy  :-*

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #785 on: October 30, 2017, 08:47:12 PM »
Oh dear if he's out for any substantial amount of time there goes our promotion hopes. We only started winning games when he came back. Even not scoring he's a busy handful of a player and ALWAYS a threat. I don't want him to lay-off to the sub-standard shyte that is surrounding him, if we ask him to lay off all the time, we lose Kodija as we know him and he becomes another sideway crab player.

Hogan maybe alright in a decent passing team but he's dreadful for us under Bruce....seeing him even touch the ball is a bloody surprise let along scoring.

I pretty much agree.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #786 on: October 30, 2017, 09:16:37 PM »
His injury may have come at a good time. Davis back up top and Hourihane further forward please Steve

Or with Hogan up front. But definitely not with Hogan isolated on the wing

Call me old fashioned, but I’d rather he wasn’t injured any time. Hogan is a waste of a shirt, at least in this team.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #787 on: October 30, 2017, 09:17:08 PM »
I'd play him wide left allowing him to cut in on his right foot. A front three of adomah, davis and him should be a handful. He would also have to pass the ball.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #788 on: October 31, 2017, 04:46:06 PM »
a concept we are not too familiar with

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #789 on: October 31, 2017, 05:43:37 PM »

I agree. It’s his unpredictability that makes him special.
Get back soon Kodge.

Online GordonCowansisthegreatest

« Reply #790 on: October 31, 2017, 05:48:45 PM »

I agree. It’s his unpredictability that makes him special.
Get back soon Kodge.
How can he be unpredictable when you already know, that he's not going to pass the bloody ball?

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #791 on: November 11, 2017, 08:13:18 PM »
According to the BBC he wasn’t even in the squad for Ivory Coast who’ve lost to Morocco

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #792 on: November 12, 2017, 08:16:43 AM »
According to the BBC he wasn’t even in the squad for Ivory Coast who’ve lost to Morocco
Good.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #793 on: November 12, 2017, 08:33:05 AM »
I can forgive him being a greedy player when he's scoring regularly but even when fit he's not looking like scoring. The bigger problem for the club is that we still don't score  enough goals on a regular basis. We've spent a relative fortune on strikers and we don't have a single player in the top 20 goalscorers in the championship.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #794 on: November 12, 2017, 08:39:39 AM »
is that because he's still injured?
I'm currently in Morocco and it was great to watch the euphoria of their first Finals qualification in 20 years; cars, flags and pedestrians rushing up and down the main streets. A Villa interest in Hadji (coach) and El Ahmadi (whom people here say has been playing very well for the national side).

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal