collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Is the Championship friendlier ?  (Read 10507 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Is the Championship friendlier ?
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2016, 01:34:05 PM »
There were fisty cuffs outside the away end going in on Saturday.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2016, 01:59:36 PM »
I hate not being in the top tier. We belong in there as most other fans would agree. But after 5 years of humiliation being dumped on our great football club a season or two of licking our wounds and rebuilding things might be what we need right now. We will be back and you never know Aston Villa mark 2 might be able to pay back a few of our sneering critics. That would be sweet revenge.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2016, 02:53:37 PM »

I didn't notice any problems. Still I had positioned myself in such a way that I could leave bang on the final whistle so may have missed the shenanigans.

Offline Ads

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2016, 03:09:10 PM »
It was before the game. Nothing much mind.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2016, 11:31:02 PM »

Surprised by that...Derby fans only get worked up about playing Forest although suppose the late kick off didn't help.

We weren't loudly decreeing Derby as a s***hole by any chance and then acting all surprised when it got a bit of reaction from home fans?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2016, 11:43:14 PM »
I hate not being in the top tier. We belong in there as most other fans would agree. But after 5 years of humiliation being dumped on our great football club a season or two of licking our wounds and rebuilding things might be what we need right now. We will be back and you never know Aston Villa mark 2 might be able to pay back a few of our sneering critics. That would be sweet revenge.

Generally speaking I think that the media and football fans in general have said that Villa and Newcastle belong on the top flight, But you have to prove that you belong and clearly neither of us did that last season.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2016, 12:00:10 AM »
I saw no problems before or after the Derby game.

Offline Ads

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2016, 06:57:29 AM »

Surprised by that...Derby fans only get worked up about playing Forest although suppose the late kick off didn't help.

We weren't loudly decreeing Derby as a s***hole by any chance and then acting all surprised when it got a bit of reaction from home fans?

No. Some Derby Stone Islanders were giving it the shit on the Villa as they walked past the away end turnstiles and down the side. They bumped into some rather large Villa fans and barged into them. This attracted a reaction more serious reaction than they wanted by the looks of things. Over in a flash.

I thought the Derby fans were bordering on Coventry inside on the left towatds the back. No coins or tea mind.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 07:00:38 AM by Ads »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2016, 03:39:13 PM »

Are you suggesting that singing nasty songs is a sufficient reason to start fighting? On that basis there would be fights at every match.

FWIW, I think that song is shit and don't join it with it. If I did though, I wouldn't expect to receive a punch in the mouth anymore than I'd be tempted to provide one if an opposition fan sang anti-Brummie songs.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2016, 08:53:42 PM »

Are you suggesting that singing nasty songs is a sufficient reason to start fighting? On that basis there would be fights at every match.

FWIW, I think that song is shit and don't join it with it. If I did though, I wouldn't expect to receive a punch in the mouth anymore than I'd be tempted to provide one if an opposition fan sang anti-Brummie songs.

But similarly, if you don't want a punch in the mouth, don't sing a song which is designed to antagonise a complete stranger, when you have no idea how he's going to react.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2016, 09:57:52 PM »

Not at all, just don't be surprised if other fans take offence particularly if you're singing it at the top of your voice outside the ground where fans are mixing on the way in. It actually reminds me of the infamous 03/03/03 night...walking past Witton station just as hundreds of SHA fans came down singing SOTV at the top of their voices. Thought it would kick off there and then...they were still singing it as they approached the away end and then the bottles flew through the night's sky at them...

I think our away fans are great, good numbers and backing but wish we'd have a few more pro villa chants now and again rather than trying to belittle the opposition. Most of whom have no problem with us, I doubt likes of Rotherham and Huddersfield care much about european cups.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 09:59:42 PM by SoccerHQ »

Offline Ads

« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2016, 09:59:47 PM »
Have you won the Johnstone Paint Cup?

Offline cyrilina

« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2016, 02:03:52 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/awaydaybible/videos/590580111103075/

I just saw this - I was watching the Ritchie De Laet AVTC interview on Facebook, and then it rolled straight into this video.  Not the best PR in the world for Villa.    I was thinking of starting a thread, but I'll just 'The Mighty Reds YNWA' it in here...    What are peoples thoughts?   It's still a bit fresh and raw, and it's people boozed up a bit at a football game, but was this inappropriate?

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2016, 03:29:21 PM »
Unfortunately we have a significant number of away fans who act like complete bellends. Not that we're unique in that.

Offline spinksy the bfg

« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2016, 07:59:55 PM »
The championship is standing friendly,  they not concerned about visual perception unlike the premiership.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal