collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Are you happier during the off season?  (Read 2605 times)

Offline aldridgeboy

Re: Are you happier during the off season?
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2023, 10:53:15 PM »
Over the last 10 years(mostly) I’ve enjoyed the summer. Gives us a break form the poor stuff we’ve seen ( 80 per cent of the time , not 100 )

Always the usual frustrations about lack of signings early doors, which seems to be a Villa thing of course.

But I didn’t want last season to end.
And I can’t wait to this season to start.

Online Scovilla

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2023, 11:10:34 PM »
Over the last 10 years(mostly) I’ve enjoyed the summer. Gives us a break form the poor stuff we’ve seen ( 80 per cent of the time , not 100 )

Always the usual frustrations about lack of signings early doors, which seems to be a Villa thing of course.

But I didn’t want last season to end.
And I can’t wait to this season to start.
Fairly in the same mood..

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2023, 11:33:44 PM »
I enjoy the stress free weekends for a month or so and then I’m bored shitless and want the season to start. I like the Ashes and Olympics, but am bored rigid by most summer sports. My default radio in the kitchen is 5 Live and the golf this weekend - and doubtless formula 1 - means I’ll avoid it like the plague.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2023, 11:57:28 PM »
I enjoy the stress free weekends for a month or so and then I’m bored shitless and want the season to start. I like the Ashes and Olympics, but am bored rigid by most summer sports. My default radio in the kitchen is 5 Live and the golf this weekend - and doubtless formula 1 - means I’ll avoid it like the plague.

Yes mate! Those stress free weekends. I remember those (before I became a husband and father 😂)

I find every other sport besides football and the American version, incredibly boring. Even the World Cup and Olympics are utterly joyless, and just attract so many wankers. PS5 all the way for me 😂

Roll on August.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2023, 01:14:44 PM »

Yes mate! Those stress free weekends. I remember those (before I became a husband and father 😂)

I find every other sport besides football and the American version, incredibly boring. Even the World Cup and Olympics are utterly joyless, and just attract so many wankers. PS5 all the way for me 😂

Roll on August.

You and me both mate, I've pretty much given up on TV too

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal