collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony's Tweets  (Read 541423 times)

Offline rapidlad

Re: Tony's Tweets
« Reply #2865 on: August 17, 2017, 02:06:50 PM »
I see it as him just clarifying the fact that we are shit because the person in charge (Bruce) of the collective (the squad) is shit so therefore they are shit. I think he's basically telling him to step up his game and so will the players, concentrate on your strengths and all that type of thing. I don't think it indicates either way other than him saying 'I've noticed we're shit' which is a start in the making a change process. If we continue to be this shit for the next 3 games he'll be gone, I'm sure of it.

Edit: Mind you, it could also be referring to the experienced players as the leaders and Bruce as the executive, get your leaders to lead and raise their game and the whole team will improve, build your team and tactics around the leaders strength, don't keep changing the team etc..
Or maybe not, fuck knows really..

I think you are right with the first paragraph!!

Offline KRS

« Reply #2866 on: August 17, 2017, 04:17:27 PM »
This whole book reference thing from Xia is more than a bit farcical to be honest, however I'm presuming the paragraph he is referring to is this:

"In human affairs, the distance between the leaders and the average is constant. If leadership is high, the average will go up. The effective executive knows that it is easier to raise the performance of one leader than it is to raise the performance of a whole mass. He therefore makes sure that he puts into the leadership position, into the standard-setting, the performance-making position, the man who has the strength to do the outstanding, the pace-setting job. This always requires focus on the one strength of a man and dismissal of weaknesses as irrelevant unless they hamper the full deployment of the available strength."

In this context, the effective executive must be Xia himself as he (or Wyness and Round) has appointed Bruce in the leadership position. If he is trying to use this to justify Bruce remains in his job, then the last sentence surely contradicts that as any weaknesses that he has dismissed is clearly hampering the full deployment of the available strength of the average or whole mass (the team).

Like I said before, this ambiguous crap doesn't answer anything as it can be interpreted in many different ways and isn't relevant to a sports team.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #2867 on: August 17, 2017, 04:23:10 PM »

it can be interpreted in many different ways and isn't relevant to a sports team.

I hope he understands that.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2868 on: August 17, 2017, 04:38:20 PM »
Nothing new or extraordinary about that Management philosophy.
Its always been about leadership, good leaders create good teams.
Bad leaders don't.
A fish rots from the head blah blah blah.
Surprised he is not quoting Sun Tzu.
"Victory usually goes to the army who has better trained officers and men"

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2869 on: August 17, 2017, 05:20:20 PM »
It's all very well posting his enigmatic nonsense when it's concerning transfer speculation, but this isn't the time and the place for it, really.  A decent leader should know when to communicate properly.

Offline Mellin

« Reply #2870 on: August 17, 2017, 05:34:48 PM »
Agreed.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2871 on: August 17, 2017, 06:07:44 PM »
It's all very well posting his enigmatic nonsense when it's concerning transfer speculation, but this isn't the time and the place for it, really.  A decent leader should know when to communicate properly.
Absolutely, I am concerned one incompetent regime has been replaced by another.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #2872 on: August 17, 2017, 06:59:42 PM »
Fair point Risso. Its actually fun around transfers. This is just silly. Fire the bloke and fix the problem Tone. Dont piss about.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #2873 on: August 17, 2017, 07:13:25 PM »
Fair point Risso. Its actually fun around transfers. This is just silly. Fire the bloke and fix the problem Tone. Dont piss about.

Amen. Or, Dr Tony, keep kissing your money up the wall, lose the fans you've worked to regain and send us into long term mediocrity. Your choice.  There is zero evidence that Bruce will turn this around.

Offline Nigel Macdougall

« Reply #2874 on: August 17, 2017, 07:44:33 PM »
Fly Mato Jetway !

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #2875 on: August 17, 2017, 07:46:12 PM »
This guy had amazing plans apparently.  I've not seen anything to convince me there is a plan.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #2876 on: August 17, 2017, 07:53:06 PM »
This guy had amazing plans apparently.  I've not seen anything to convince me there is a plan.
I reckon it is quite a cunning plan.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2877 on: August 17, 2017, 08:41:25 PM »
The plan is something like 🙏🏼+🦄-🍍(🤹🏻‍♂️+🎸+🎢) - 👜+🕺=🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♀️😪

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2878 on: August 17, 2017, 08:42:33 PM »

Spot on.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2879 on: August 17, 2017, 08:59:44 PM »
I kind of miss Ellis these days.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal