collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tony's Tweets  (Read 541190 times)

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Tony's Tweets
« Reply #2340 on: May 19, 2017, 09:14:35 PM »
I like him too.  Eccentric Chinese millionaire.  What's not to like?

Had to fix this 🤣

Oh look, our tails are up because we got a couple of wins against teams that weren't arsed any more, and a former football manager has agreed to fleece us for an extra year.

Mind you, for you lot that's about as good as it gets.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #2341 on: May 19, 2017, 09:18:27 PM »

Had to fix this 🤣

Oh look, our tails are up because we got a couple of wins against teams that weren't arsed any more, and a former football manager has agreed to fleece us for an extra year.

Mind you, for you lot that's about as good as it gets.

And we STILL beat them. Again.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2342 on: May 19, 2017, 10:27:26 PM »
How many years is it now?

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2343 on: May 19, 2017, 10:58:26 PM »

Had to fix this 🤣
Very decent of you to come on here and read the thread back from August.

Offline peter w

« Reply #2344 on: May 20, 2017, 07:42:29 AM »
For me:

McGrath (naturally)
Evans
McNaught
Mellberg
Southgate
Laursen
Ugo

notable nods for Nicholl and Leighton Phillips.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #2345 on: May 20, 2017, 08:38:44 AM »
I miss the fact we used to be able to attract the Southgates, Taylors, Drapers, Saunders and Collymores. Players whose quality and potential you could get genuinely excited about. Now while searching for Bentekes we are far more likely to get Syllas, Bacunas, Tonevs and Hollmans.

I think I'm saying we used to be patrons of Waitrose and now we are one inflation rise away from the food banks.

Laursen runs Southgate very close.

Yep, Laursen was a top player who had his career blighted with injury.  Him and McGrath would be my CB pairing from my time watching Villa. 

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #2346 on: May 20, 2017, 09:03:04 AM »
I miss the fact we used to be able to attract the Southgates, Taylors, Drapers, Saunders and Collymores. Players whose quality and potential you could get genuinely excited about. Now while searching for Bentekes we are far more likely to get Syllas, Bacunas, Tonevs and Hollmans.

I think I'm saying we used to be patrons of Waitrose and now we are one inflation rise away from the food banks.

Laursen runs Southgate very close.

Yep, Laursen was a top player who had his career blighted with injury.  Him and McGrath would be my CB pairing from my time watching Villa. 

Same

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #2347 on: May 20, 2017, 09:13:59 AM »
Cultured, in a footballing sense is how I would describe Laursen and McGrath.  However, Evans and McNaught had this dogged determined grit, it was like trying to climb a twelve foot high wall that was covered in grease and topped with razor wire getting past them.  It's almost impossible the two pairs when it comes to saying who was best.  You can only have your favourites.  I was privileged to see both pairings.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #2348 on: May 20, 2017, 12:58:17 PM »
Cultured, in a footballing sense is how I would describe Laursen and McGrath.  However, Evans and McNaught had this dogged determined grit, it was like trying to climb a twelve foot high wall that was covered in grease and topped with razor wire getting past them.  It's almost impossible the two pairs when it comes to saying who was best.  You can only have your favourites.  I was privileged to see both pairings.

Different times and different styles but was great seeing all four playing for this Club. It was such a pity that we only saw an injury damaged Laursen when he came here.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #2349 on: May 20, 2017, 04:05:10 PM »
Dr. Tony Xia Tweeted: We're getting everything planned better including transfers. We'll spend on whatever needed but also learn to avoid wasting. No more rumors.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #2350 on: May 20, 2017, 06:35:16 PM »

I wouldn't say Laursen was amazing on the ball, same for Mellberg. Laursen though in terms of dominating from crosses in both boxes is one of the best I've seen play for us.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2351 on: May 20, 2017, 06:51:42 PM »
Dr. Tony Xia Tweeted: We're getting everything planned better including transfers. We'll spend on whatever needed but also learn to avoid wasting. No more rumors.

Sounds positive.

Online Mellin

« Reply #2352 on: May 20, 2017, 06:55:39 PM »
Laursen was the best in the air we've had in my time. So dominant at both ends.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #2353 on: May 20, 2017, 07:25:35 PM »
At this point I feel obliged to give an honorary mention to Kent Nielsen.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #2354 on: May 20, 2017, 07:55:06 PM »
There can't be many clubs who've been blessed with such strength in any position as us with central defenders over the past three and a bit decades. When you think that someone like Martin Keown or Richard Dunne would struggle to get into our top ten you can see how lucky we've been.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal