collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Fan Voted Player of the Year by OCD
[Today at 09:07:39 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Astnor
[Today at 09:06:07 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 09:05:50 PM]

Snooker by Exeter 77
[Today at 09:02:11 PM]

Joe Gauci - Signed by FatSam
[Today at 08:58:23 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by eamonn
[Today at 08:50:37 PM]

The NFL Thread (with added College Football) by Rotterdam
[Today at 08:42:17 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by OCD
[Today at 08:09:30 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Fan Voted Player of the Year by OCD
[Today at 09:07:39 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Astnor
[Today at 09:06:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 09:05:50 PM]

Re: Snooker by Exeter 77
[Today at 09:02:11 PM]

Re: Joe Gauci - Signed by FatSam
[Today at 08:58:23 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hookeysmith
[Today at 08:55:36 PM]

Re: Fan Voted Player of the Year by brontebilly
[Today at 08:55:16 PM]

Re: Fan Voted Player of the Year by LeeB
[Today at 08:52:49 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aaron Tshibola  (Read 121019 times)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
Re: Aaron Tshibola - Confirmed
« Reply #300 on: December 21, 2016, 10:28:00 AM »
It is most odd.  He looked really lively in a few games at the start of the season.

I will not let you go, let you goooooo....

Bastards.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #301 on: December 21, 2016, 10:48:39 AM »
I think the club need to come clean on the issue as to why he's not near the team.  He's had a few half decent games, then injured supposedly? Now he appears to be frozen out when those half decent games he had early in the season would be most welcome in our under performing midfield.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #302 on: December 21, 2016, 11:30:37 AM »
It is most odd.  He looked really lively in a few games at the start of the season.

I will not let you go, let you goooooo....

Bastards.

I have a different song in my head:

Re-e-wind, when the crowd says bo, Tshibola.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #303 on: December 21, 2016, 12:46:13 PM »
The 2016  Edition of Paul Mortimer.

Offline eddiemunster

« Reply #304 on: December 21, 2016, 04:37:23 PM »
According to the meaning evil, he's gonna be sold. Cannot for the life of me understand what the club is playing at.......surely this guy is a better prospect than another season or two of Mr Pointy or Gardner?

Online Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #305 on: December 21, 2016, 04:38:45 PM »
According to the meaning evil, he's gonna be sold. Cannot for the life of me understand what the club is playing at.......surely this guy is a better prospect than another season or two of Mr Pointy or Gardner?
Thought it said he was going out on loan ?

Offline eddiemunster

« Reply #306 on: December 21, 2016, 04:45:27 PM »

You are right, and I stand corrected, but I still feel the club are making a mistake and should give him a chance. I mean what has he got to do, when he sees the Lardy Arse getting games, along with Mr Pointy?

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #307 on: December 21, 2016, 04:49:03 PM »

Maybe he's an asshole or something?

Online Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #308 on: December 21, 2016, 05:09:17 PM »

Maybe he's an asshole or something?

Arsehole.

Offline The Charmer

« Reply #309 on: December 21, 2016, 05:32:03 PM »
For what it is worth.   At Cambridge United for the pre season we we waiting for returned Villa tickets.  Phone calls to the club garnered the information that the tickets were being sent back on the team bus.  When the bus arrived the tickets had to be taken to the ticket office, a Portakabin on the car park.   They were delivered by Tshibola who appeared to be very angry at being given the job.  He would not speak or pause for photographs with fans.  He did play particularly well in that game.
Something or nothing?  Could perhaps suggest he has been handled badly or perhaps that he has anger issues.  Whatever it is, like Traore before him I think it has more to do with manageability than potential ability.
That's interesting Brian - might just be an insight into the player's character.

On the one hand, you're the nearest bloke and someone says 'Can you just drop these over to the ticket office for me, Thanks'
and you'd think 'Yeah, no problem'.
On the other hand, you're a £5m acquisition faced with the same request just before you are about to get changed.
There's every possibility that you would have a look around and think WTF - who am I, the teaboy?

Online Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #310 on: December 21, 2016, 05:43:52 PM »

You are right, and I stand corrected, but I still feel the club are making a mistake and should give him a chance. I mean what has he got to do, when he sees the Lardy Arse getting games, along with Mr Pointy?
I couldn't agree more - some of the subsequent posts may allude to character flaws holding him back in a team environment though. FWIW a Reading fan who works for our firm in London sent me an email when we bought him to say we had a gem and I wouldn't want to give up on him yet

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #311 on: December 21, 2016, 06:07:10 PM »
I definitely don't want to give up on him.  I really think he can do a job for us and wish I knew what the problem was

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #312 on: December 21, 2016, 08:26:44 PM »
For what it is worth.   At Cambridge United for the pre season we we waiting for returned Villa tickets.  Phone calls to the club garnered the information that the tickets were being sent back on the team bus.  When the bus arrived the tickets had to be taken to the ticket office, a Portakabin on the car park.   They were delivered by Tshibola who appeared to be very angry at being given the job.  He would not speak or pause for photographs with fans.  He did play particularly well in that game.
Something or nothing?  Could perhaps suggest he has been handled badly or perhaps that he has anger issues.  Whatever it is, like Traore before him I think it has more to do with manageability than potential ability.
That's interesting Brian - might just be an insight into the player's character.

On the one hand, you're the nearest bloke and someone says 'Can you just drop these over to the ticket office for me, Thanks'
and you'd think 'Yeah, no problem'.
On the other hand, you're a £5m acquisition faced with the same request just before you are about to get changed.
There's every possibility that you would have a look around and think WTF - who am I, the teaboy?

That's bizarre management.  I've read about how the All Blacks' humility is demonstrated by the way they clean the changing rooms after their matches, however that is the whole team.  It seems ridiculous to isolate one young player in this manner.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 09:40:03 PM by Dante Lavelli »

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #313 on: December 21, 2016, 08:42:11 PM »
They isolated Marc Albrighton if the oft repeated story is true that he was not allowed to return on the team bus and had to catch the train back.  Next thing he is allowed to go to Leicester and win a champion's medal while those who rode home on the bus amassed 17 points for the season and got relegated.  I suspect there is a clash of personalities going on.  Westwood behaves and gets picked Tshibola does not behave and does not get picked.

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #314 on: December 21, 2016, 09:00:29 PM »
They isolated Marc Albrighton if the oft repeated story is true that he was not allowed to return on the team bus and had to catch the train back.  Next thing he is allowed to go to Leicester and win a champion's medal while those who rode home on the bus amassed 17 points for the season and got relegated.  I suspect there is a clash of personalities going on.  Westwood behaves and gets picked Tshibola does not behave and does not get picked.

If the Twitter account in his name is real, I think he comes across as a decent young bloke.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal