collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sheff Wed Parking & Tickets  (Read 10827 times)

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
Re: Sheff Wed Parking & Tickets
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2016, 01:53:09 PM »
Wouldn't seem fair now if Wednesday got charged £25 at our place (what Rotherham are paying), when they've benefitted from increased revenue by what they've charged us.

Why penalise the Wednesday fans though? It's their shithouse of an owner and the board that are ripping fans off, I'm quite sure the massive majority of Wednesday fans wouldn't want us to be paying stupid money for second tier football so I hope we keep the prices for the return game nice and low for them.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2016, 01:55:30 PM »
They'll be paying £42 in the Kop to see us twat them don't forget.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2016, 04:11:58 PM »
Wouldn't seem fair now if Wednesday got charged £25 at our place (what Rotherham are paying), when they've benefitted from increased revenue by what they've charged us.

Spot on.  No need to be petty afterall is there?...

Why penalise the Wednesday fans though? It's their shithouse of an owner and the board that are ripping fans off, I'm quite sure the massive majority of Wednesday fans wouldn't want us to be paying stupid money for second tier football so I hope we keep the prices for the return game nice and low for them.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2016, 10:00:08 PM »
Id be keen to get hold of one ticket for this game (I'm away not week when they go on sale) so anyone who can oblige pls PM me.

Offline bez

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2016, 06:30:25 AM »
Id be keen to get hold of one ticket for this game (I'm away not week when they go on sale) so anyone who can oblige pls PM me.

I wouldn't worry, if they've allocated just over 2000 tickets it means we'll likely be in the Leppings Lane lower tier. If they sell out they'll probably start selling the upper tier (an extra 3700 tickets) which offer a better view anyway. If we shifted all those they also have the North West corner available for away fans (about 1500 tickets I think) so there's plenty of space.

Given Wednesday seem intent on squeezing every penny out of both home and away fans I can't see them stifling demand for the sake of it.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2016, 09:03:20 AM »
If them scruffy Yorkshire inbreds  charge  us anything like the figures shown then I hope the Villa have the bottle to provide reciprocal prices and add another £5 on. 

How can you charge more for a lower standard of football?  Sheffield Wednesday obviously live in a bubble.

Do that and you only penalise supporters.

Whilst I agree, I think bearing in mind it we've entered into dialogue with them to help both set's of supporters which looks like was not agreed to, it would be justifiable if we charged them our top price whatever that is.

It wouldn't be justifiable. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I wasn't suggesting that we charge them what they're charging us, just that if we are having our own catagory system, maybe Sheff Weds should be put in the top one, especially if we've tried to engage in dialogue with them. That said, we can't complain about clubs overcharging if we're going to do it as well.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2016, 09:12:52 AM »
Although tickets are supposed to be on sale, the website is saying that "This event isn't currently avaialable for sale"

Note the spelling of available.

Haven't been able to get through on the phone. Can't even get in a queue

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2016, 09:21:46 AM »
It's now possible to buy on line.

Not sure if they've sorted out the phones

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2016, 12:26:12 PM »
I just bought some Luton tickets, I was on hold for a minute or so but got it sorted pretty quickly.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2016, 12:01:19 PM »
Sold out. We are requesting more tickets. Why give us just 2k in the first place?

Offline sid1964

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2016, 12:10:41 PM »
So even at £42.00 per adult ticket we sell out, fantastic support.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2016, 12:14:08 PM »
A Sheffield Wednesday fan I know reckons we'll get another 1000 in Upper tier and then 1500 Lower tier.

Offline Five Villa Tattoos

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2016, 12:52:33 PM »
Did anyone doubt for a second we wouldn't sell out of that initial allocation?
I know I may be a mug but I didn't even think about not going to this even when I saw the price. Also decided to "treat" myself to a ticket for the Luton game as well. I bet Luton is like St Tropez in the Summer.😉

Offline UK Redsox

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2016, 08:35:42 AM »
Quote from: PRAVDA
Sheffield Wednesday have now confirmed we can also have an additional 1,400 on top of the 1,101 released earlier today.

That makes an overall total of 4,544 for the Owls clash on Sunday August 7, kick-off 4.30pm.

Offline placeforparks

• GM : PCM
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2016, 10:29:10 AM »
i bet every other championship club will be watching 4,500 fans paying £42 a pop, and rubbing their hands.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal