collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Ayew speaks  (Read 15313 times)

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
Re: Jordan Ayew speaks
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2016, 05:32:49 PM »
A few years back the Championship was the 5th biggest league in the world based on attendances and I would not be surprised by TV deals too (Prem/spain/Italy/Germany/Championship/France).  I doubt this has changed significantly.

I'm unsure what the attraction is of say Turkey when the Championship is arguably bigger/better/more cash anyway.   

Offline supertom

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2016, 07:54:03 PM »
A few years back the Championship was the 5th biggest league in the world based on attendances and I would not be surprised by TV deals too (Prem/spain/Italy/Germany/Championship/France).  I doubt this has changed significantly.

I'm unsure what the attraction is of say Turkey when the Championship is arguably bigger/better/more cash anyway.   
The only possible reason really is Champions League. A couple of the clubs probably offer very big wages too. That said Racism is still an issue in certain regions there and I'd be very wary of playing in Turkey if I was a black player. Mind you 80k a week would probably make you bite your tongue and endure it I suppose.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2016, 08:30:44 PM »
Didn't they all swarm the airport to cheer the signing of Vassell when shy Darius turned up in Turkey?

Offline trevor fisher

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2016, 09:04:51 PM »
the latest report does indeed say that Ayew has been offered to Galatasary by his agent. After the report I quoted to start this, Ayew then said his future would be decided by God. So maybe he will be playing for the angels. Possibly not Aston Villa. But Okore now seems to be saying he will stay.

Until tomorrow at least

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2016, 09:10:09 PM »
I don't get the Amavi hype.

Started 11, Lost 8
Subs 1, Lost 1
Unused 2

I haven't seen anything noteworthy before his injury to be losing sleep over, if he goes or not.
As I have said by being injured he became our player of the season.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2016, 09:13:29 PM »
Jordan Ayew’s agent has offered his client to Galatasaray
And in return Galatasaray have offered us 600 goats and 400 sheep to sacrifice in the name of almighty so that we may win promotion.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2016, 09:14:27 PM »
Didn't they all swarm the airport to cheer the signing of Vassell when shy Darius turned up in Turkey?

Offline peter w

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2016, 10:00:09 PM »
A couple of comments from that article:

I will urge ghanaian footballers not to go to that country called Turkey. They are not good pple. I'm working with them here in Ghana and can tell u, they are not good. The players should not think about the money involved, a word to a wise...

Don't go there you haven't fully develop your talent,wait till you fully mature in EPL or Ligue 1.Turkish league is sub-standard.

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2016, 10:34:55 PM »

Started 11, Lost 8
Subs 1, Lost 1
Unused 2

I haven't seen anything noteworthy before his injury to be losing sleep over, if he goes or not.
I don't think our results should reflect on him as a player....lets' face it our defence was that poor that any forward could do little about losing games.
I think we would do well to replace him like for like quality wise in this division...I hope he stays.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2016, 10:40:36 PM »
Quite a few Turkish clubs have not bothered paying players' wages. He'd be better off, financially at least, if he stays with us.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2016, 11:55:30 PM »

Started 11, Lost 8
Subs 1, Lost 1
Unused 2

I don't think our results should reflect on him as a player....lets' face it our defence was that poor that any forward could do little about losing games.
I think we would do well to replace him like for like quality wise in this division...I hope he stays.

I have no idea if you're talking about Ayew or Amavi.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2016, 05:01:54 AM »
His agent shouldn't be offering him around like a cheap whore THEY are what is wrong with this game just after a few quid for themselves

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2016, 06:41:31 AM »
You are right Phil.  Agents have a vested interest in not allowing their clients to be loyal to clubs and it inevitably leads to long term loss of status, performance and post football financial stability and security of the actual players.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2016, 08:42:09 AM »
Benteke's leach being a supreme example of the breed.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal