collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by Ads
[Today at 03:35:39 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by ExclDawg
[Today at 03:34:52 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Drummond
[Today at 03:31:50 PM]

Robin Olsen by VillaTim
[Today at 03:25:08 PM]

Champions League Contention by Dave
[Today at 03:16:29 PM]

VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 03:15:23 PM]

Official Website by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:50:07 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 02:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Ads
[Today at 03:35:39 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by ExclDawg
[Today at 03:34:52 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeS
[Today at 03:32:49 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Drummond
[Today at 03:31:50 PM]

Re: FFP by Drummond
[Today at 03:30:39 PM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 03:30:06 PM]

Re: FFP by olaftab
[Today at 03:26:32 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by David_Nab
[Today at 03:26:23 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ray Wilkins on Talk Sport  (Read 25412 times)

Online edgysatsuma89

Re: Ray Wilkins on Talk Sport
« Reply #120 on: April 25, 2016, 10:50:01 PM »
I wouldn't trust Sherwood to build a lego wall.
we'll never know cos he wasn't given the chance

He'll get his chance to build his British or at least experienced, 110% in training, running around like headless chickens pwoper laaaaads team at some point and you'll find out the jingoistic prick hasn't got a clue.

#Bantz
What are you basing your opinion on?

The way he refers in many interviews the need for a British players because they 'understand' the league. The split in the dressing room as it was pretty evident he didn't fancy the weak little frenchies. There was a mention of Veretout on here apparently stating that Tim didn't speak to him. I haven't heard that but I wouldn't be surprised.

All round though, admittedly, a lot of it is hunch on the vibe he gives off. What isn't a hunch though is he is tactically inept.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #121 on: April 25, 2016, 10:56:01 PM »

He'll get his chance to build his British or at least experienced, 110% in training, running around like headless chickens pwoper laaaaads team at some point and you'll find out the jingoistic prick hasn't got a clue.

#Bantz

The way he refers in many interviews the need for a British players because they 'understand' the league. The split in the dressing room as it was pretty evident he didn't fancy the weak little frenchies. There was a mention of Veretout on here apparently stating that Tim didn't speak to him. I haven't heard that but I wouldn't be surprised.

All round though, admittedly, a lot of it is hunch on the vibe he gives off. What isn't a hunch though is he is tactically inept.

I posted the thing about Sherwood not speaking to Veretout - it was from an interview he (the player) gave shortly after Sherwood went.

Wilkins and Sherwood opining on our demise makes me want to puke up at least one kidney, and possibly both. Like they're impartial, uninvolved observers rather than the people who delivered four points from the first 30.

The gigantic pair of thundercunts.

Online edgysatsuma89

« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2016, 12:12:33 AM »

#Bantz

I posted the thing about Sherwood not speaking to Veretout - it was from an interview he (the player) gave shortly after Sherwood went.

Wilkins and Sherwood opining on our demise makes me want to puke up at least one kidney, and possibly both. Like they're impartial, uninvolved observers rather than the people who delivered four points from the first 30.

The gigantic pair of thundercunts.

I used to listen to Ray Wilkins whenever he was. I was neither here or there with him. I now don't listen to a single f**king word the uncle festa eye bulging (as you so aptly put) thundercunt says. It may have been you who said this as well I'm not sure but someone mentioned him basically saying 'not me guv' whenever he talks about us and that's exactly what he does. Winds me up no end.

Sherwood I disliked beforehand so nothing changed there. The 4pts from 30 thing... yeah but he would have kept them up... he would have been better than Garde. F**k off.

Offline Eigentor

• Muppet Hero
« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2016, 07:44:22 PM »
The Paul Lambert approach in the early part of his time with us had merit- the execution was just poor.

As poor at the Lambert-executed "young and hungry"-method was, it was when we started to supplement the youngsters with senior "pros" like Richardson, Joe Cole, Senderos and Cissokho - and later Richards, Sinclair and Lescott.

No joke, maybe it was "youth" and "hunger" that saved us from relegation in Lambert's first season.

Offline chrisf

« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2016, 08:24:32 PM »
The Paul Lambert approach in the early part of his time with us had merit- the execution was just poor.

As poor at the Lambert-executed "young and hungry"-method was, it was when we started to supplement the youngsters with senior "pros" like Richardson, Joe Cole, Senderos and Cissokho - and later Richards, Sinclair and Lescott.

No joke, maybe it was "youth" and "hunger" that saved us from relegation in Lambert's first season.

The mistakes used to drive us mad but wasn't Lowton-Clark-Baker-Bennett a better back four than Hutton-Richards-Lescott-Cissoko?

Lowton's about to be promoted past us with Burnley.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2016, 08:30:29 PM »
Is that the back four that let in 20 odd goals in four matches in one of our record breaking runs?

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #126 on: April 27, 2016, 08:34:28 PM »
Both are those back fours were dire, the latest shouldn't have been though. On paper, that's a decent defensive platform.

Offline chrisf

« Reply #127 on: April 27, 2016, 08:57:29 PM »
Is that the back four that let in 20 odd goals in four matches in one of our record breaking runs?
Yeah, good point. Still better than this season's though. ML-CC-NB-JB shipped 69 goals in 38 games. Current lot have managed that number in 35.

Both are those back fours were dire, the latest shouldn't have been though. On paper, that's a decent defensive platform.
You'd have thought so ...

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #128 on: April 27, 2016, 09:33:46 PM »

Yes, back in the halcyon days.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #129 on: April 28, 2016, 09:28:57 AM »
I've just had the great pleasure of hearing Wilkins tout Mick Mac for the Manager's job c/o Talkshite. "He'd be a fantastic appointment" chimed Butch. 'Sake.   ::)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #130 on: April 28, 2016, 09:35:46 AM »
I always thought Wilkins spoke well about most things football wise - its only his complete and utter uselessness at VP that now makes me want to scream at the radio that he is a complete tool

Its all about the old boys networking for them

Offline sid1964

« Reply #131 on: April 28, 2016, 09:47:36 AM »
I listened at 6am this morning and he said that Pearson would be a fantastic manager for us

If you mention any manager's name to Wilkins he would say he would be ideal for the Villa Job

He sits on the fence and never says anything other than what people want to hear, a bit like Brooking when used to co-commentate for the BBC

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #132 on: April 28, 2016, 10:55:34 AM »
I only caught 5 mins today but he still managed to piss me off how he talks of our demise without the self awareness to realise he may have played some small part in it.

He also said there's no way Moyes would consider Villa or Celtic as "he's a premiership manager, nothing less".

Twat.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #133 on: April 28, 2016, 05:17:08 PM »
Stats fans (The Edge - stop reading now): I'm part way through a great book called 'Black Box Thinking' by The Bounce's Matthew Sayed. The crux of what I have read so far compares how doctors and pilots deal with failure. Lots of sexy talk about the benefits of statistical analysis.

Offline DaveD

• Twitter
  • GM : 26.12.2015
« Reply #134 on: April 29, 2016, 07:39:36 AM »
Stats fans (The Edge - stop reading now): I'm part way through a great book called 'Black Box Thinking' by The Bounce's Matthew Sayed. The crux of what I have read so far compares how doctors and pilots deal with failure. Lots of sexy talk about the benefits of statistical analysis.

Show us your GaussIan peak and your range, you deviant outlier.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal