collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Restructure and redundancies  (Read 14731 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: Restructure and redundancies
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2016, 09:42:17 PM »
They have got multi pull beer dispensers in the TR, I know because they weren't working on Saturday.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2016, 09:46:52 PM »
nothing against the staff in the lower north but fuck me its painful to watch

i would never wish redundancy on anyone but being honest if you lost half of them you wouldnt notice any difference

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2016, 09:52:47 PM »

i would never wish redundancy on anyone but being honest if you lost half of them you wouldnt notice any difference

They'll not be redundant because they're on casual zero hours contracts.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2016, 10:41:24 PM »
They have got multi pull beer dispensers in the TR, I know because they weren't working on Saturday.
I don't go to the bar much I usually send our kid.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2016, 11:00:38 PM »

They'll not be redundant because they're on casual zero hours contracts.

If I can, I avoid any involvement with zero hours contracts. In the case of hospitality staff at Villa, from a management perspective it's most likely very easy to get away with. In truly abusing zero hours contract situations, depending on regularity of hours worked and length of time the contract has been in existence, there may be some justice for the employees. Is my understanding of recent cases, with the caveat that you're better off betting on football results than the outcome of employment tribunals.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2016, 11:27:13 PM »

They certainly haven't in the Holte Suite. Usual chaos and eternal wait on Saturday post match. Still, they'll have less people to upset next season. Every cloud...

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2016, 12:54:43 AM »
Having been through 5 "restructures" in the last 6 years that has seen literally thousands of jobs lost where I work, I can understand the uncertainty this brings and get that it is not nice, for those that go, or those that remain. I do get the impression though that some of this is Hollis et al looking at Villa as a small-ish business and streamlining as the opportunity presents, which for the organisation may well be the right thing to do. Relegation hastens that process, but the board of any company when the financial forecast is grim has to adjust accordingly. I fully agree with the sentiment that it would be nice if the squad en mass put their hand in and donated a weeks wages to offset and safeguard jobs, but would that be the best thing for the structure in the long term in any case? It is not a sustainable model. I agree re one bad transfer/ good transfer changes the picture too, and we have to now hope that the new board have a better success rate in that arena to help create a situation where the club thrives and can employ more people again down the line.

Re the comment about most of the staff being Villa fans for life etc, really? Some will be for sure, but I know quite a few people who have worked in different parts of the club (mainly sales) and don't have any affection for the club at all and see it as a job like anyone else. I just hope those leaving go on to find employment elsewhere.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2016, 05:20:48 PM »
Sorry Meryv, Dave we have to let you go. Last in, first out.

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2016, 06:57:39 PM »
500 staff to go. A third of the workforce?

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2016, 07:00:29 PM »
500 staff to go. A third of the workforce?

You have to wonder about the club's existence longterm? What a disaster Lerner has been.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2016, 07:00:43 PM »
That's including part-time staff I would have thought. Probably the city centre shop too.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2016, 07:12:03 PM »
That's including part-time staff I would have thought. Probably the city centre shop too.
500 people losing their jobs. The Trinity upper to be closed next season. Meanwhile our fat useless waste of space club captain gets suspended on full pay. And I know it's in his contract but this whole shambles is really making my blood boil. Utterly fucking disgraceful situation.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2016, 07:22:51 PM »

i would be amazed if the city centre store makes enough money to pay the electric bill

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal