collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Andre Green - on loan at PNE  (Read 68060 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 28.02.2021
Re: Andre Green - on loan at PNE
« Reply #600 on: October 06, 2019, 12:42:31 PM »
Not even on the bench yesterday and PNE are flying so canít see him getting games.

Needs to be loaned elsewhere because he was getting more game time for us! Completely defeats the object of a loan if heís nowhere near the team - going backwards.

He's one of those players that tends not to do very much wrong, but also doesn't do enough in a positive sense to warrant being an attacking player in a top side.  As I said higher up the page, his level is nowhere near the Premier League.

Offline amfy

• GM : 24.06.2020
« Reply #601 on: October 06, 2019, 01:15:08 PM »
Itís not going to be anywhere near anywhere if he doesnít get a game soon!

Not making any comment on whether he is or ever will be good enough for The Premier League, just that players donít go out on loan to rot in someone elseís reserves (unless they are a useless wage drain & we are just looking for some mug to share the pain & I donít think Green is anywhere near this category)

He was good enough to help get us up last year & if PNE donít need him there are other Championship sides who could be helping him to develop.

Callum Robinson had a slow start at PNE & is now a Premier League player, but this is worse than slow - he just isnít getting a look in.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #602 on: October 06, 2019, 01:30:11 PM »
He will be back in January I suspect.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #603 on: December 12, 2019, 09:54:52 PM »
So Alex Neil, Preston's Manager, has confirmed that Andre has Arthritis in his big toe! Obviously he's not fit. This doesn't sound good at the young age of only 21. So much promise early on but his career is going backwards.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #604 on: December 13, 2019, 08:57:45 AM »
Blimey, that doesn't sound good at all. Will he be able to continue his career?

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : 18.02.2021
« Reply #605 on: December 13, 2019, 09:49:36 AM »
Arthritis is a bit of a catch all, it could just be gout which is an inflammatory form of arthritis & easily treated.

Offline 260475

« Reply #606 on: December 13, 2019, 10:52:29 AM »
Arthritis is a bit of a catch all, it could just be gout which is an inflammatory form of arthritis & easily treated.
Err gout can be way more than 'just gout', and crippling. It can be managed thankfully. In my experience mitigation is best done by moderate intake of listed causal foods. (lists are a bit Ott). The hidden trigger varies from one individual to another. In my case the 'must avoid' is Glucose Fructose Syrup (often a small print ingredient in many items). Happens at all ages - thing is when you are young and constantly training it can mask what is going on, and the energy consumption at pro level often entails boost refuelling which can supply these triggers. Identify them and it can be managed.... or pills can be taken.
Clearly a pet subject of mine, sorry if too pedantic! UTV

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2021
« Reply #607 on: December 13, 2019, 10:58:59 AM »
Toe inflammation can be debilitating.

I damaged my right big toe on the crappy astro surface at Brum Uni back in 2002. The nail is wrecked and the toe itself still gives me problems now.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #608 on: December 13, 2019, 11:04:51 AM »
Good lord that sounds painful.

Offline SteveN

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #609 on: December 13, 2019, 01:08:43 PM »
I have arthritis in both big toes and it can be really painful when it hits.  Must be very difficult to play football with that condition, I would struggle.  Lots of other reasons I would struggle mind.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : 18.02.2021
« Reply #610 on: December 13, 2019, 01:55:58 PM »
Err gout can be way more than 'just gout', and crippling. It can be managed thankfully. In my experience mitigation is best done by moderate intake of listed causal foods. (lists are a bit Ott). The hidden trigger varies from one individual to another. In my case the 'must avoid' is Glucose Fructose Syrup (often a small print ingredient in many items). Happens at all ages - thing is when you are young and constantly training it can mask what is going on, and the energy consumption at pro level often entails boost refuelling which can supply these triggers. Identify them and it can be managed.... or pills can be taken.
Clearly a pet subject of mine, sorry if too pedantic! UTV

I've had it a few times and my trigger is similar, high sugar energy drinks/bars, I usually get it after an endurance race where there's little choice, I've learned to counter it now with large amounts of water, still get it but much milder.

Offline 260475

« Reply #611 on: December 13, 2019, 03:31:58 PM »
Agree, if slow onset then water flush usually works. If acute then you can end up on a walking stick or even bedridden for days. Identifying the acute cause was my win.

Offline darren woolley

« Reply #612 on: December 13, 2019, 04:13:18 PM »
That sounds painful.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #613 on: December 13, 2019, 05:01:40 PM »
William Blake made a coloured drawing he titled "Gout".  It is excruciating even to look at it.

Offline wince

« Reply #614 on: December 14, 2019, 09:25:05 AM »
William Blake made a coloured drawing he titled "Gout".  It is excruciating even to look at it.

It was by James gilray.

I dropped an 8stone inch thick mdf board on my left big toe and broke the 2nd and 3rd toe. Can no longer make a ďfistĒ with my foot and still get pain now. I think his career will be done now

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal