collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Andre Green - on loan at PNE  (Read 68250 times)

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Andre Green
« Reply #420 on: January 23, 2019, 07:43:43 PM »
Back to Andre Green, in Smith's interview that was posted earlier on the DS thread, he talked about raising Green's market value, which I thought was a bit of a weird thing to say about a payer coming back off loan.  It struck me that it was a slightly off guard thing to say about a young player.

Offline john e

• GM : 24.01.21
« Reply #421 on: January 23, 2019, 07:44:50 PM »
Don’t forget Bielsa threw on a 19 year old at Villa Park to try and win the game and he did

He who dares

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #422 on: January 23, 2019, 08:03:03 PM »
Don’t forget Bielsa threw on a 19 year old at Villa Park to try and win the game and he did

He who dares

Oh, it can sometimes work for sure.  To be fair to him, Smith did throw Green on last time out to try and change the game.

I guess I was picking up on your earlier point about what Smith has done at Brentford.  I think his other comments in that interview show that he think the atmosphere at VP is not exactly conducive to experimenting with youth...   

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #423 on: January 23, 2019, 08:26:16 PM »
".not EXPECTING or REQUIRING to be promoted QUICKLY"

They're the exact words.

What their definition of "quickly" is, well, only they know.

Are you genuinely struggling to see how that differs from what you're saying?

You keep saying they aren't bothered. That's totally at odds with the quote above.

Offline john e

• GM : 24.01.21
« Reply #424 on: January 23, 2019, 08:36:07 PM »

He who dares

Oh, it can sometimes work for sure.  To be fair to him, Smith did throw Green on last time out to try and change the game.

I guess I was picking up on your earlier point about what Smith has done at Brentford.  I think his other comments in that interview show that he think the atmosphere at VP is not exactly conducive to experimenting with youth...   

the problem I have, and I’m honestly not trying to argue with people because I get the reasons for not going with the younger unproven players

but you can always find a reason not to take the risk with youth, there’s really never a right time
You can always find an excuse

The atmosphere not right in the stadium, they’re not ready yet, they’re not good enough, we need a pre season to work with them, you’re safer with experience, use them slowly and sporadically to let them settle in, you will destroy there confidence by throwing them in to soon, and list goes on, it becomes endless

sometimes you’ve just got to have the balls and have a go,
I’m not advocating a whole team of under 23’s but certainly 4 or 5 along with the players that will be here next season

and if we don’t go up we will be in better shape to crack on next season knowing what we have and who to bring in without starting all over again wondering if they will be ‘good enough’

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #425 on: January 23, 2019, 11:01:20 PM »

He who dares

Clarke is a very good player by the looks of things

Brazil won the world Cup with a teenage Pele upfront. Does that mean we should stick dmitri sea in the team?

Online AV82EC

• GM : 17.02.2021
« Reply #426 on: January 23, 2019, 11:03:10 PM »

He who dares

the problem I have, and I’m honestly not trying to argue with people because I get the reasons for not going with the younger unproven players

but you can always find a reason not to take the risk with youth, there’s really never a right time
You can always find an excuse

The atmosphere not right in the stadium, they’re not ready yet, they’re not good enough, we need a pre season to work with them, you’re safer with experience, use them slowly and sporadically to let them settle in, you will destroy there confidence by throwing them in to soon, and list goes on, it becomes endless

sometimes you’ve just got to have the balls and have a go,
I’m not advocating a whole team of under 23’s but certainly 4 or 5 along with the players that will be here next season

and if we don’t go up we will be in better shape to crack on next season knowing what we have and who to bring in without starting all over again wondering if they will be ‘good enough’

I kind of agree with you but I’m not sure the crowd would stand for it whether we like it or not. Despite being down here for 3 seasons expectations are still too high and the size of experimentation in doing what you’re suggesting just seems too risky to me. We’ll see over the next week if what you suggest starts to formulate into action but I wouldnt hold your breath.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #427 on: January 23, 2019, 11:07:54 PM »
Back to Andre Green, in Smith's interview that was posted earlier on the DS thread, he talked about raising Green's market value, which I thought was a bit of a weird thing to say about a payer coming back off loan.  It struck me that it was a slightly off guard thing to say about a young player.

Assets / FFP related ?

Offline Villa75

« Reply #428 on: January 23, 2019, 11:59:41 PM »

They're the exact words.

You keep saying they aren't bothered. That's totally at odds with the quote above.

If you 'expect' something to happen and it doesn't, you would be 'bothered'.

If you're 'not expecting' something to happen and it doesn't, you wouldn't be that 'bothered'.

To reinforce;

The owners are not EXPECTING or REQUIRING promotion QUICKLY so, if it doesn't happen soon it won't bother them.

Capiche?

Offline Ads

• GM : 02.04.2021
« Reply #429 on: January 24, 2019, 12:04:35 AM »
Oh dear.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #430 on: January 24, 2019, 12:23:32 AM »
It really is pathetic and tedious now.  Sorry, I mean PATHETIC and TEDIOUS.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #431 on: January 24, 2019, 07:51:07 AM »
The alternative, and sensible, interpretation is that they won't be looking to sack the manager if we don't go up this season and it won't see us faced with a winding up order either.

For me that makes it pretty clear that they don't want quick fix signings this window and instead want to build properly. I can't work out why you see that as a negative, we've done the old pro quick fix shit and it ended badly.

Online brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #432 on: January 24, 2019, 08:13:51 AM »
 I am a great admirer of Dean Smith.  He is very much his own man.  The comment about building the value of Andre Green may seem on the face of it a little clumsy but it will have been music to the ears of his employers and to Andre who is only a young bloke and flattered by the thought of the personal financial advantages greater value would bring.

Online chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2020
« Reply #433 on: January 24, 2019, 09:09:49 AM »

They're the exact words.

If you 'expect' something to happen and it doesn't, you would be 'bothered'.

If you're 'not expecting' something to happen and it doesn't, you wouldn't be that 'bothered'.

To reinforce;

The owners are not EXPECTING or REQUIRING promotion QUICKLY so, if it doesn't happen soon it won't bother them.

Capiche?
What are you trying to achieve here Viila75?  What is your reason for pressing this point?  Clearly nobody agrees with your interpretation, which is just plainly ridiculous.  Many people have pointed out the obvious meaning which is in essence positive - that financially we won't go tits up if we're not promoted.  What do you gain from trying to turn this into a negative?  It's just trolling isn't it?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 09:13:03 AM by chrisw1 »

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #434 on: January 24, 2019, 11:14:12 AM »
I agree with you to an extent, especially about there always being a reason not to, that said his my reason not to ;P, at least not to fill the side with the untested.  Confidence and momentum.  If we brought 4 youngsters in and they all excelled then everything would be just tickety boo.  If we bring them in and they get a couple of trouncings, or taken apart by some of the very decent opposition, the effect on their futures might be sizeable.  However bringing one or two through is obviously the sensible thing to do, and now that Smith has seen the gaping holes in talent that this squad has I feel we may see this. 

Green has obviously been recalled because there had been a conversation with Bolasie and Grealish is crocked.  So we will probably see him play in at least the next couple of matches and if he does well it looks bleak for El Ghazi when Jack returns.  Likewise I think we may see more of Bree at full back before long.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal